Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always hate the "it breaks immersion" argument. It's so... ludicrous.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a pretty big chance it's just a placeholder tooltip aswell... kind of like the charrzooka.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I always hate the "it breaks immersion" argument. It's so... ludicrous.
    I think the argument works well on things like magical pocket ponies, but tool tips and descriptions? they can just blow it out of their ass in those scenarios, only thing that should break immersion is when something that shouldn't happen (giant stomping on you and you just shrugging it off like no biggie) does.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    After looking at other profession pvp vids during the same beta as the taprepeatedly ranger vid, it looks like ranger damage is sorely lacking, at least longbow damage is. The greatsword dances circles around the longbow in damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    After looking at other profession pvp vids during the same beta as the taprepeatedly ranger vid, it looks like ranger damage is sorely lacking, at least longbow damage is. The greatsword dances circles around the longbow in damage.
    I thought he did fine with the longbow other then standing on top of them like the entire time... and seeing as how the long bow is like the greatsword where you want to be at the very edge of your range the whole time, it makes perfect sense that you'd want to use a great sword over a longbow if you're in melee with your target...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I thought he did fine with the longbow other then standing on top of them like the entire time... and seeing as how the long bow is like the greatsword where you want to be at the very edge of your range the whole time, it makes perfect sense that you'd want to use a great sword over a longbow if you're in melee with your target...
    Even when he was at max range the longbow didn't seem to do nearly as much as the greatsword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even when he was at max range the longbow didn't seem to do nearly as much as the greatsword.
    Meh imo that's ok with me, great sword has more powerful skills (longer CDs on like all of them) and is a melee range weapon so imo you gotta give em some stuff, and define nearly as much, my best friend sees the difference between 500 and 300 damage to be extreme where i see it as almost nothing.

That and when, using the longbow which means your kiting and while kiting a melee he is doing no damage but you are actually sounds sort of balanced. A longbow shouldn't really do as damage as 2 hander because if your go melee weapons. You risk getting kited and when getting kite nice damage brah.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    That's one reason I preferred Shortbow, you don't lose alot of your power once they start closing in and you can still shoot them in the face!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    That's one reason I preferred Shortbow, you don't lose alot of your power once they start closing in and you can still shoot them in the face!
    You can also shatter their dreams of being an adventurer with a single arrow to the knee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Use long bow for AoE and range, then Sword/ Dagger for when they get close.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Use long bow for AoE and range, then Sword/ Dagger for when they get close.
    Ugh I'm kinda being tempted by that sexy stalker strike ability the dagger has an my god set ablaze on the torch!! If only the second torch skill wasn't, IMO, lack luster... Gonna try it out as first weapon though jus because I like the idea of burning EVERYTHING!! *throughs head back and cackles*

10+ Year Old Account
    because I like the idea of burning EVERYTHING!!
    Are you sure you shouldn't play Elementalist?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be cliche.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Pffft elementalists can't summon nature spirits to cause solar flares or lightning strikes or tame drakes, and they're just nerds in gift wrap why would I want to be an elementalist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pffft elementalists can't summon nature spirits to cause solar flares or lightning strikes or tame drakes, and they're just nerds in gift wrap why would I want to be an elementalist?
    Ummmmm... you sure about that?

Even with the drake part... elementalists can conjure some neato elemental pets. :O!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-23 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummmmm... you sure about that?

Even with the drake part... elementalists can conjure some neato elemental pets. :O!
    They do not cause all your allies to haw fiery weapons and cause all nearby enemies to be blinded by a solar flare no, nor do they give all allies swiftness and smite enemies with bolts of lightning, and please their pets are lame and temporary!! Mir are awesome and eternal!

10+ Year Old Account
    They do not cause all your allies to haw fiery weapons and cause all nearby enemies to be blinded by a solar flare no, nor do they give all allies swiftness and smite enemies with bolts of lightning, and please their pets are lame and temporary!! Mir are awesome and eternal!
    Oh man, ignorance must be bliss....

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, ignorance must be bliss....
    Lol they can't they can blind 1 dude, and throw fire ooooh big whoop I can make everyone around me throw fire and blind all the ignorant fools who stand in my way!! They can do the swiftness part but not for as long, and they can't hit multiple people with their lightning because their lame.

Just remember rangers don't always use magic, but when they do it makes all the other magic users jealous!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol they can't they can blind 1 dude, and throw fire ooooh big whoop I can make everyone around me throw fire and blind all the ignorant fools who stand in my way!! They can do the swiftness part but not for as long, and they can't hit multiple people with their lightning because their lame.
    Somebody is in denial!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Surge
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dust_Devil
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Greatsword
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Conjure_Flame
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Windborne_Speed
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chai..._(staff_skill)
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Aura
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyr%27s_Boon
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elemental_Attunement

Rangers are definitely fun, but nobody's a special snowflake. :3
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-23 at 06:48 PM.