Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Snowflakes are overrated. Anyways, more Ranger discussion! Been working on a ranger build that focuses on Bleeds. I want to run it a Lynx and a Pig pet. Thoughts?
    http://www.gw2builds.org/view/119002/make_them_bleed

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Snowflakes are overrated. Anyways, more Ranger discussion! Been working on a ranger build that focuses on Bleeds. I want to run it a Lynx and a Pig pet. Thoughts?
    http://www.gw2builds.org/view/119002/make_them_bleed
    Nice to see peeps using gw2builds. super easy to use and the links to the wiki when you click stuff is great (for lazy people like me). will edit with build opinions in a sec

EDIT:

good build. The main thing I would add is, if this is a pvp build, Signet of Renewal. Condition removal I think will be very important in pvp.

In general the only thing I would change is Companion's Might to Pet's Prowess. I don't know how much might it grants but on first glance I would assume 30% pet crit damage would be better than might for your pet. I could be underestimating the strength of high stacked might though.
    Last edited by PonyCannon; 2012-04-25 at 04:05 AM.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2builds.org/create/rang...5.4.10.8.1.7.2

This is what I'm thinkin for my build ATM, I'll likely be using a dog and a drake, but that and the second major and 3rd major traits in BM are subject to change... As well as weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Nice to see peeps using gw2builds. super easy to use and the links to the wiki when you click stuff is great (for lazy people like me). will edit with build opinions in a sec

EDIT:

good build. The main thing I would add is, if this is a pvp build, Signet of Renewal. Condition removal I think will be very important in pvp.

In general the only thing I would change is Companion's Might to Pet's Prowess. I don't know how much might it grants but on first glance I would assume 30% pet crit damage would be better than might for your pet. I could be underestimating the strength of high stacked might though.
    For the Pet's Prowess I thought it would be better to find out how often my pet crits before doing that. I'm not a great theorycrafting guy, but some smarter person than I should be able to tell us what base crit chance the pet would have to have make it better (since it is my understanding that trait tree only boots your character's crit chance and not your pets.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    http://www.gw2builds.org/create/rang...5.4.10.8.1.7.2

This is what I'm thinkin for my build ATM, I'll likely be using a dog and a drake, but that and the second major and 3rd major traits in BM are subject to change... As well as weapons
    Eventually i'll have to take a look at the many melee/skirmishing build the ranger has to offer, but right now I am mostly interested in the ranged builds. (My other build is a burst damage Longbow build).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    For the Pet's Prowess I thought it would be better to find out how often my pet crits before doing that. I'm not a great theorycrafting guy, but some smarter person than I should be able to tell us what base crit chance the pet would have to have make it better (since it is my understanding that trait tree only boots your character's crit chance and not your pets.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 11:28 AM ----------

Eventually i'll have to take a look at the many melee/skirmishing build the ranger has to offer, but right now I am mostly interested in the ranged builds. (My other build is a burst damage Longbow build).
    My builds oriented around support, axe is ranged, sword is Melee, I'm planning on most my damage coming through my pet and will be building my armor around power, vitality, and compassion
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if it'll be bad to use an Axe as my mainhand weapon in both weaponsets but use a different off hand... because i really REALLY love my axe, torch, and warhorn =D!!

Axe and torch is sooo much fun, especially if you group with another ranged for them to shoot through your fire!

Shame about pets though, they are just terrible ai atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    Axe and torch is sooo much fun, especially if you group with another ranged for them to shoot through your fire!

Shame about pets though, they are just terrible ai atm.
    What in gods name are you talking about?!! Pets are FUCKING AMAZING in this, you just hit F1 and they B line it to your target, hurdle shit and rip their face off!! My god do i love them =D!! Only issue i had with pets was that they were kinda flimsy but 5 points into beast mastery and now my pets no longer die unless i'm fighting 2 cavetrolls/ champion ettins that's a different story though!!

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 11:18 AM ----------

Fun fact people!! Your pets, can be ordered around while you're downed!! so watch out you silly enemies i can tell my drake to unleash his breath attack and watch you squirm!!

15+ Year Old Account
    What in gods name are you talking about?!! Pets are FUCKING AMAZING in this, you just hit F1 and they B line it to your target, hurdle shit and rip their face off!! My god do i love them =D!! Only issue i had with pets was that they were kinda flimsy but 5 points into beast mastery and now my pets no longer die unless i'm fighting 2 cavetrolls/ champion ettins that's a different story though!!

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 11:18 AM ----------

Fun fact people!! Your pets, can be ordered around while you're downed!! so watch out you silly enemies i can tell my drake to unleash his breath attack and watch you squirm!!
    I was having the same issue with my frost and river drakes. They wouldn't attack my target quite often even after I would press F1. They would just sit where I originally engaged and do nothing at all. When they worked though they were awesome, especially after the points in BM so they stopped getting rolled by everything. The healing attack the Drakes have also helped a ton in keeping him alive.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 09:13 AM ----------

I wonder if it'll be bad to use an Axe as my mainhand weapon in both weaponsets but use a different off hand... because i really REALLY love my axe, torch, and warhorn =D!!
    Axe and warhorn became my favorite combo. Summoning a flock of birds to attack is awesome and the Call of the Wild or w/e the 5th Horn ability it is freaking amazing.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-30 at 01:15 PM.

Anyone else love the bear as a pet? Not sure if mentioned, but I found Signet of Stone amazing to use on my Bear in WvW, mainly in situations where Ballistas were being heavily guarded by players, that and Shake it Off was nice as well. Also, did anyone get a chance to see if Signet of stone could be chained and used after defy pain, I never got a chance to test this out sadly (I only got to do a bout an hour of WvW before the finale event ended).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galueru View Post
    Anyone else love the bear as a pet? Not sure if mentioned, but I found Signet of Stone amazing to use on my Bear in WvW, mainly in situations where Ballistas were being heavily guarded by players, that and Shake it Off was nice as well. Also, did anyone get a chance to see if Signet of stone could be chained and used after defy pain, I never got a chance to test this out sadly (I only got to do a bout an hour of WvW before the finale event ended).
    I know that drake mastery + signet of stone = awesome

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I was having the same issue with my frost and river drakes. They wouldn't attack my target quite often even after I would press F1. They would just sit where I originally engaged and do nothing at all. When they worked though they were awesome, especially after the points in BM so they stopped getting rolled by everything. The healing attack the Drakes have also helped a ton in keeping him alive.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 09:13 AM ----------

Axe and warhorn became my favorite combo. Summoning a flock of birds to attack is awesome and the Call of the Wild or w/e the 5th Horn ability it is freaking amazing.
    Ya about an hour after i posted i started having the same issue, it was fine until then though and was pretty baller, i noticed if you swapped them out though they'd work fine again so *shrugs* idk, beta is beta, once it's fixed it'll be AMAZING. I think i may take Axe/warhorn, and Axe/Axe or Sword/Axe... but idk...

Oh btw, who else noticed that your pets would jump over stuff with you and would follow you over -some- high ledges (battle of khylos clock tower for example)

10+ Year Old Account
    I had by far the most fun on my Ranger. I thought they'd be pretty stock standard but I was surprised.

I'm disappointed that I didn't experiment more with the melee options though. They seem to good and I barely touched them!

Now I'm just thinking about all the pets I want to get and things I want to try for next BWE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    I had by far the most fun on my Ranger. I thought they'd be pretty stock standard but I was surprised.

I'm disappointed that I didn't experiment more with the melee options though. They seem to good and I barely touched them!

Now I'm just thinking about all the pets I want to get and things I want to try for next BWE.
    I could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME find pet in the human zone lol, i had my drake and only my drake until like lv 10 where i found my baby, Sir Oinks A Lot, god that guy saved my life time and time again *wipes tear from eye* i'll miss ya man!! However, upon going to charr lands i quickly found a hyena, devourer and red chicken, which made me have issues on which pet i would take, i loved the raw aoe damage of my drake, but the pack mentality of the hyena was awesome, and the support my moa and my faithful Sir Oinks A Lot provided was ridiculously awesome... in the end i think i stuck with mah piggy and my Drake in pve

10+ Year Old Account
    I could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME find pet in the human zone lol, i had my drake and only my drake until like lv 10 where i found my baby, Sir Oinks A Lot, god that guy saved my life time and time again *wipes tear from eye* i'll miss ya man!! However, upon going to charr lands i quickly found a hyena, devourer and red chicken, which made me have issues on which pet i would take, i loved the raw aoe damage of my drake, but the pack mentality of the hyena was awesome, and the support my moa and my faithful Sir Oinks A Lot provided was ridiculously awesome... in the end i think i stuck with mah piggy and my Drake in pve
    There were a few tame-able dogs in the town with the carnival east of Queensdale.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Agreed, Ranger was one of the classes I hadn't even considered until the very last moment before the BWE started, and while it was the first class I ended up trying, I actually disliked it a great deal at first because I am for some reason not a fan of the axes at all. On the last day of the beta, however, I ended up trying ranger again (since at first it didn't even occur to me that I could buy new weapons from a vendor) and started using bows. At that point, I was hooked, and Ranger is now my favorite class.

I can't really say what it is about axes I don't like, since I'm quite fond of Sword + Dagger offhand. Greatsword is also okay, but less so.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    There were a few tame-able dogs in the town with the carnival east of Queensdale.
    Oh yeah lol, i forgot about that dog i stole from a couple sitting by a lake xD oh i was laughing about that with a friend on skype, some dude with a giant lizard comes up to two people on a date and takes their dog away LOL!!

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daos View Post
    Agreed, Ranger was one of the classes I hadn't even considered until the very last moment before the BWE started, and while it was the first class I ended up trying, I actually disliked it a great deal at first because I am for some reason not a fan of the axes at all. On the last day of the beta, however, I ended up trying ranger again (since at first it didn't even occur to me that I could buy new weapons from a vendor) and started using bows. At that point, I was hooked, and Ranger is now my favorite class.

I can't really say what it is about axes I don't like, since I'm quite fond of Sword + Dagger offhand. Greatsword is also okay, but less so.
    OMG! don't remind me about the vendors selling useful weapons, for what ever reason instead of thinking "GW1 had vendors like this so i should check them out!" i was to busy thinking "WoW/Rift/Swtor didn't have anything worth while on vendors so i should avoid them like the plague!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daos View Post
    Agreed, Ranger was one of the classes I hadn't even considered until the very last moment before the BWE started, and while it was the first class I ended up trying, I actually disliked it a great deal at first because I am for some reason not a fan of the axes at all.
    I was very similar. I tried Ranger early, got him to about level 7 and got bored with just auto-attacking with my longbow and my pet dying to everything that sneezed on it. I then treid Necro to 10, Warrior to 6, Ele to 10, Guardian to 10, Mesmer to 7, Engi to 5 and didn't like any of them that much. They all had downsides which didn't fit my playstyle at all so I ended up trying Ranger again on the last day.

I got my Bear, tried more weapons and actually started weapon swapping and kiting and i was hooked. Pure awesome. Loved it. I ended up leveling from 7 - 15 in one day without even realising I was "grinding' out those levels. I was just running around having fun killing shit while trying new setups and looking for new pets to add to my collection.

Then with only an hour or so until shutdown I started using all my crafting materials I'd been gathering and made myself a nice bow and some better gear for my level (still not as good as I could have had) and I became a DPS machine of death. Shit just died, FAST and I felt awesome!

The next BWE is 29 days too far away damnit!

Deleted
    I mainly PvP'd and I tried every single profession available, but ranger was the one that caught my eye
    The build I used: http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...15-0.0.0.0.0.0
    Sword/Dagger is just incredibly powerful in the fast-paced combat that GW2 contains, you had 3 abilities to evade attacks meanwhile you did damage, which is pretty much insane. When traited you also got 50% faster endurance regen which at the end puts you @ an insane amount of dodging and out/in of combat. When you wanted to stay @range you just used you axes/warhorn to create some chaos with bouncing axes, chills and attacking birds!
    The amount of bleeds you put out is pretty high also, if going axe your seconds skill (if standing close) will add about 6-10 bleeds and then everytime you crit you give out a bleed.
    You got a signet which gives you 10seconds of immunity (way to strong, might be...).
    Your elite skill will ress you, remove conditions and just be downright immortal giving.
    Using two birds on a 40% less pet swap CD gives you double fear (or even more, never counted how many screech each bird has) which is also very powerful both defensive and offensively.
    If you want to add on more party support just change "Quickening Zephyr" for "Stone Spirit" to apply an permanent protection (if they attack) + it got an immobilize!

Got way more to say but will just end up being to much said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I mainly PvP'd and I tried every single profession available, but ranger was the one that caught my eye
    The build I used: http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_...15-0.0.0.0.0.0
    Sword/Dagger is just incredibly powerful in the fast-paced combat that GW2 contains, you had 3 abilities to evade attacks meanwhile you did damage, which is pretty much insane. When traited you also got 50% faster endurance regen which at the end puts you @ an insane amount of dodging and out/in of combat. When you wanted to stay @range you just used you axes/warhorn to create some chaos with bouncing axes, chills and attacking birds!
    The amount of bleeds you put out is pretty high also, if going axe your seconds skill (if standing close) will add about 6-10 bleeds and then everytime you crit you give out a bleed.
    You got a signet which gives you 10seconds of immunity (way to strong, might be...).
    Your elite skill will ress you, remove conditions and just be downright immortal giving.
    Using two birds on a 40% less pet swap CD gives you double fear (or even more, never counted how many screech each bird has) which is also very powerful both defensive and offensively.
    If you want to add on more party support just change "Quickening Zephyr" for "Stone Spirit" to apply an permanent protection (if they attack) + it got an immobilize!

Got way more to say but will just end up being to much said
    Sig of stone gives Immunity? I thought it just took conditions away from you and when activated gave em to your pet....

And did you use Moas? Or Birds? Because Moas have 2 screeches the flying birds have 1 i believe... and i loved smashing my number 2 axe skill right in someones face, so much damage, so many bleeds =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do what blizzard did and just give pets a massive damage reduction against aoe damage.