Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It wouldn't surprise me if they reserved all existing GW1 names for a short "embargo" period, to allow GW1 players to obtain their copy of GW2, link accounts and so forth. I'm thinking a period of 7 days here.

My understanding is also that if you rolled a character on Server A called "Mary Sue", that name becomes reserved across all servers to allow for easy realm transfer. Just please don't ask me for a source on that, as I cannot recall where I heard/read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Man View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if they reserved all existing GW1 names for a short "embargo" period, to allow GW1 players to obtain their copy of GW2, link accounts and so forth. I'm thinking a period of 7 days here.

My understanding is also that if you rolled a character on Server A called "Mary Sue", that name becomes reserved across all servers to allow for easy realm transfer. Just please don't ask me for a source on that, as I cannot recall where I heard/read it.
    Everything you posted sounds about right from what I've heard. Makes sense too.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how it works in GW1, at least.

There's no "Lovestar – Emerald Dream" kind of thing like WoW x-server stuff; you take "Lovestar" and it's yours whether you go to American District or International District or whatever in a given outpost/city.

Since it's the same developers, I'd start with the assumption the policy will be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    That's how it works in GW1, at least.
    Now, please be gentle as I've only picked up GW1 in the last month or so - I didn't think that the varying districts in outposts and towns were actually separate servers/realms, as one would understand them in a WoW/Rift/et al sense of the word - I had the impression the varying districs were invoked when the original district was getting overcrowded, and represented a separate "instance" of that town or outpost to prevent overcrowding, but was actually on the same server/realm.

That is to say, I didn't think there were separate server/realms in GW1 - but now maybe I'm not so sure of what I thought to be true?

Now, please be gentle as I've only picked up GW1 in the last month or so - I didn't think that the varying districts in outposts and towns were actually separate servers/realms, as one would understand them in a WoW/Rift/et al sense of the word - I had the impression the varying districs were invoked when the original district was getting overcrowded, and represented a separate "instance" of that town or outpost to prevent overcrowding, but was actually on the same server/realm.

That is to say, I didn't think there were separate server/realms in GW1 - but now maybe I'm not so sure of what I thought to be true?
    That's true.
    But the US, EU, Asia and International are seperate servers

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    That's true.
    But the US, EU, Asia and International are seperate servers
    Now, when I look at it, that makes most logical sense - but something I hadn't realised (I may have been led astray in my thinking at one point, because I could have sworn I'd seen an "International District" at some point).

Thanks for clearing that up! :-)

Now, when I look at it, that makes most logical sense - but something I hadn't realised (I may have been led astray in my thinking at one point, because I could have sworn I'd seen an "International District" at some point).

Thanks for clearing that up! :-)
    Welcome I only just learnt it myself lol.