Trying Rift. Help me pick a class!

Hey guys I'm downloading Rift right now.

I'm curious what some of the more desirable classes/roles are. Any info is appreciated.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You probably have played WoW, what were your favorite classes/specs to play in WoW?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I tend to like tanks. I've have a Dk, pally and Druid tank in wow. I lean on the DK the most. I enjoy tanking with a 2 hander.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the classes can do the same as other classes. I have played them all to level 20 and Warrior to level 50. I had the most fun playing the ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithbreaker View Post
    I tend to like tanks. I've have a Dk, pally and Druid tank in wow. I lean on the DK the most. I enjoy tanking with a 2 hander.
    Definitely warrior then

Thanks for the help guys.

I've played them all and the most fun I've had is on a cleric. I like that I am able to do ranged or melee dps and then switch to healing or support when needed.

They can also tank but I haven't done that yet.

The only class without a tank spec is Mage. Warriors have the most tanking options out of all- like 9.

Kinda hard to tank with a 2hander in Rift though. Give up too much with no actual benefit.

Edit: Also Warriors in Rift have no rage bar nonsense. Worse shit I ever seen- a tank managing rage. Worse.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-19 at 11:18 PM.

I'd either look at Cleric tanks or Warrior tanks. Both sound like they would suit your play style. You might like cleric cause it will feel slightly different. Warrior will feel more familiar. Rogues have a really great tanking soul as well but it feels really different and relies on proc shields, and more avoidance. I personally think thats insanely fun, but it depends on you. Also rogue tanks are feel very visceral. They port around and such so alot of times you feel more "in the action".

10+ Year Old Account
    Any excuse for me to roll out the class videos is always welcome

Cleric

Mage

Rogue

Warrior

I love Clerics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, rogue is the best.
    Tank, Support, and DPS.

I was sick of WoW, and gave Rift a try, I chose Bard *support* as it's a great leveling choice until 20ish. It was soothing to hear music instead of the *clashclash* of weapons and swords.
    Then I changed to a hunter-like spec, then at lv26 I changed to a Teleporting AoE/Healing Rogue, so much fun.
    When I hit 50 I started to tank because I already knew the basics, and picked it up pretty fast.

Good luck leveling, it is fun, though at about 35-40 the quests start to get on you and it starts to seem really grindy. I got to lv40 the first time, and took a month off and then got to 50. But it is a great game, with so much potential.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior's are REALLY good fun. I've not played anything else to 50 so i can't compare them - but i can tell you that i've had a blast on my warrior!
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    What's closest to WoW's Retribution Paladin?

Cleric as Justicar/Shaman/Druid as souls?
    Either Cleric (for the self healing) or a Warrior with some sort of Void Knight/Reaver build for the AoE with a little self healing. Not too sure, ain't played Warrior tank at ma level.