2's Holy paladin & Ret Pally vs Rogue Disc.

Hi, I'm not so great with PVP but im learning. I wanted to know if you guys had any insights about how me as a holy paladin and my partner as a ret can better deal against a Rogue Disc Priest comp. I had a lot of trouble getting feared then mind controlled then sapped then blinded and so on. I did do my best to stay out of LOS however even pillar hugging the priest caught up to me running around. Not sure if I could have done better. Thank you in advance for the help.

Deleted
    u cant do shit against that comp.

Is it because of our comp of being dual pallys?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes. rogue/priest pretty op 2's, disc much better 2's healer as instants/absorbs plus hot, mass dispel/dispel. quick cooldown on Psych vs small absorbs, no dispel, longer cd on cc
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Thank you for the feedback, out of curiosity are there better ways for me to be dealing with the comp than what I've tried, pillar hugging and distance... which got nullified by the saps and blinds :-\.

Don't Play Holy Ret.
    Rets have good burst damage then they suck until cooldowns are back up.
    Get yourself an UH DK and call it a day.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    best bet is to not q for a few minutes so you get a different team to go against. Barring a d/c or fire in the house of one of the opposing team, you should lose every match vs rog/disc.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Funny as hell BTW Jazen, I honestly didnt see a way we could have won that one at all. We did go very long on that fight though, they also could have taken it easy on us. I slipped a rez on my partner in that game :-O all luck IMO.
    Last edited by Amalama; 2012-02-21 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalama View Post
    Hi, I'm not so great with PVP but im learning. I wanted to know if you guys had any insights about how me as a holy paladin and my partner as a ret can better deal against a Rogue Disc Priest comp. I had a lot of trouble getting feared then mind controlled then sapped then blinded and so on. I did do my best to stay out of LOS however even pillar hugging the priest caught up to me running around. Not sure if I could have done better. Thank you in advance for the help.
    First of all: Your comp is bad. No one will be able to kill Holy Paladins in 2s anyway, so why are you bringing the best off-healer in the game? You don't have offensive dispel. You have neither a slow nor a root.

OT: Let your ret zerg the priest. When your Ret comes out of the kidney from the rogue, HoJ the priest with Holy and Repentance the rogue with Ret. If either of them is using their trinket here, you go for a kill on that one a minute later with wings+trinket+stuffs.
    Outside of that try to pressure the priest. Keep up Denounce on him and coordinate your Freedoms for maximum uptime. Let your Ret kick Penance and Flash Heal. Don't interupt Mana Burn or Mind Control - if the priest is bad, he will let his Grace stacks (+24% heal, that procs only off Penance and Flash Heal) fall off. Use your Ret's HoJ for his Inner Focus.

For the defensive aspect: Bubble out of Smoke Bomb, if the rogue uses trinket+dance. Let your Ret use DP, whenever you are getting feared and Dance is ready.

Basically there is nothing you can do, when the priest decides to run up to you the whole game, but they shouldn't be able to kill either of you neither, even with you being completly oom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalama View Post
    Funny as hell BTW Jazen, I honestly didnt see a way we could have won that one at all. We did go very long on that fight though, they also could have taken it easy on us. I slipped a rez on my partner in that game :-O all luck IMO.
    Try agaisn't Feral/Disc, it's even worse, you can't do anything agaisn't cyclones, they don't break on HoS contrary to blind/sap.

Never said the comp was good I asked how I could have done better is all but thank you for the rest of the responses. I will try to work some of those srats next time If I come against the comp again. We did Die however 2x Both deaths were me being saped, blinded, then feared across the screen and mind controlled facing the corner of our starting gate while my partner was killed on the other side of the screen after all of his methods out of CC were on CD. Not sure if I could have gotten away at that point... without Mana and a Disc Priest and Rogue on me I was not able to survive. I did say I am a beginner at PVP however so hopefully I will learn how to survive and keep my partner up with no mana next time.

Deleted
    As a paladin you shouldn't play 2s if it's not just for cap. When you get above 2000+ you only play disc teams which counter pretty any combination you can play with.

And if you wanna use it to learn then play with a DK, they are the only class that have a chance against priest atm.

honestly sounds pretty logical, yeah we are pretty much doing it for point caps at this point. Most likely we'll try a 3's comp next season, any suggestions on a 3rd if we keep holy pally ret? or should we just not have that comp together even in 3s?