Thread: Age of conan?

Age of conan?

Do people still play this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there's one, but multiple people, surely not.
    dictated but not read.

I play it from time to time. Best melee combat I've played in any mmo. Plus I get a kick out of the fatalities.

the first big game expected to kill wow.....ah yes i remember it clearly.
    "Now, I am far too lazy to tell Blizzard this myself, so I want one of you peoples to mention this during one of their Q&A's."

Quote Originally Posted by deraged View Post
    the first big game expected to kill wow.....ah yes i remember it clearly.
    I thought WoW tried to kill WoW first though? /shrug so hard to remember with these internet crazies, everything that comes out on the PC is now a WoW killer.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Such wasted potential. Some people still play, I guess, if they didn't it would be shut down.

Had they designed the game to run better on a larger variety of systems it might have turned out differently. But unfortunately AoC was plagued with performance issues from the start due to its higher level of graphics vs WoW. Most people couldn't even run the game on low until they finally fixed the issues. Buy by then the damage was done.

Combine that with all the twinks and gankers and it's a rough place for newbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I'll give Funcom props for having the balls to make AoC have amazing graphical quality because most developers and publishers wouldn't have done something like that.
    The game looked so fun and awesome when your on Tortage, but once you leave Tortage the game doesn't feel all that fun. (this was my opinion of AoC).

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Had they designed the game to run better on a larger variety of systems it might have turned out differently. But unfortunately AoC was plagued with performance issues from the start due to its higher level of graphics vs WoW. Most people couldn't even run the game on low until they finally fixed the issues. Buy by then the damage was done.

Combine that with all the twinks and gankers and it's a rough place for newbies.
    The performance shit wasn't so horrible until you hit the max level and started doing big group PvP content. Bad PC is not performance issue and lot of people tried to play it with bad PCs. The actual performance problems started to rise when many people were together trying to do lots of shit at the same time in PvP zones.

What really killed the game was that it was literally unfinished in every way possible. There were stats that had no purpose at all, the stats that had purpose didn't work properly. Some stats were so OP it was silly and some so useless you cursed every time gear had even a bit of it.

Beyond level 20 zones, the game had very minimal amounts of content to help players progress forward, the questing between 30-50 was just facepalm worthy because you mostly had to grind due to lack of questing (which they addressed way too late with new zone/quests for that level range) Also there was almoust no end game at all implemented at release and the little it had was once again, broken so bad it was mostly undoable.

It was just overall unfinished game and that's what "killed" it, even if it had so much potential and the first 25 levels were extremely fun. Nowdays it's much better since they have had years time to polish and add new content.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-02-20 at 09:04 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Game is good. One of the best MMORPGs. Too bad that it's too late for it now. When it released it did pretty badly (graphics too good, no content after starting zones, etc). Most of those issues have been fixed at this point... but I don't think anyone is gonna go back. They had their chance and missed it.

If it was released today, with the same hype, it would do much better. Much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funcom is a mouthbreather of a game developer, I delt with them for years in AO, never again. I think of them as a fish that keeps trying to hop up on land but never gets so far from the water that they can't flop back in to try to get back on shore again...

Secret World, while a great concept, will also suck.
    Last edited by Primernova; 2012-02-20 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Secret World, while a great concept, will also suck.
    To be fair, you don't know this. I mean... how could you know? The game is not out yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    To be fair, you don't know this. I mean... how could you know? The game is not out yet.
    No, I'm absolutely sure, they are just that bad. It's just a brain dead developer.

I wish them luck, but hell if I would ever trust them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    No, I'm absolutely sure, they are just that bad. It's just a brain dead developer.

I wish them luck, but hell if I would ever trust them again.
    Well it's led by Ragnar Tornquist, so that means a lot. Pretty much guarantees the story will be very much awesome. He's also responsible a few (non-MMORPG) successes Funcom has had (Longest Journey, Dreamfall).

Yeah I know, even if your team is good, Funcom can still mess it up for you. But that's why we gotta wait and see. But I mean anyone who preorders MMORPGs is a retard anyways these days. Wait until it comes out and people try it... that way you don't have to "trust" anyone in advance.

I'm open-minded and will see what happens. I mean, I'm sure they know what went wrong with Conan and are trying to avoid it a 2nd time. If they don't, I can totally see them going bankrupt and closing up for good... (They won't be that stupid though... I hope.)