Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

410 Lightning rod vs Dragonwrath.

I have recently aquierd the 410 lightning rod and I wonder if getting the legendary would be worth it with mop around the corner.
    as i didnt raid in firelands im quite far behind on legendary progress. I am only 15 in on the first part and in a 10man guild so it would take like 15 weeks.

So i wonder if it would be worth it in the end?

At this point probably not, if you want to get DTR for the sake of "having" it then yea sure but progress wise you'll clear DS 10 Heroic months before you obtain DTR, Lighting Rod is your BiS after DTR so you technically have the best weapon

Deleted
    mm yeah, but as it is uncertain when mop is launching and cause the SP also would want a shot at legendary i guees atleast trying to get it wouldnt be so bad.

and yeah i think i would like it also just for the sake of having.

Deleted
    DPS wise we are talking 1500-2000 DPS increase, its a pretty shit piece of orange after the nerf... As it is fairly easy to obtain, obviously if you have the time and want it, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkuggz View Post
    DPS wise we are talking 1500-2000 DPS increase, its a pretty shit piece of orange after the nerf... As it is fairly easy to obtain, obviously if you have the time and want it, why not.
    That's about what I calculated it to be dps wise too.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    well. Dps is dps. any dps you can increase is good dps i suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    well. Dps is dps. any dps you can increase is good dps i suppose?
    Just be aware how long it takes esp on 10 man.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

By the time you get it, you probably won't need it for anything anymore except getting DS farm day over sooner, so yeah, if you want it for the dragon form or just because Legendary!!!11, go for it, but as an upgrade it's probably not worth the effort.

If you do decide to go for it try and do the at least the 2nd part in 25 man. Pugging just 4 bosses on normal will yield good results but try for all 6. If your guild can do 10 heroic then on phase 3 there is no reason to pug it in 25 man.

Deleted
    The awesome thing about DWT is that it gets better the better gear you have. The way it scales with gear out weights Lightning Rod by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysnomia View Post
    The awesome thing about DWT is that it gets better the better gear you have. The way it scales with gear out weights Lightning Rod by far.
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Leia View Post
    Why is that?
    It duplicates the damage you do so if you do more damage then it will as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkuggz View Post
    Is this the only legendary that has been nerfed like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I actually do not recall any nerfs to legionaries prior to this. I may of missed one though.

Yes, and it is also the only legendary that has scaled like this.
    It is still BiS so there's not much point complaining it's been overnerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes and was by far the most powerful legendary in the game pre-nerf

Deleted
    Dem daggers' pretty strong though...

Pre-nerf thuderfury used to cyclone targets in an area rather than just slow attack speed. It was stupid over powered for pvp!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    Dem daggers' pretty strong though...
    loled.
    But yeah, even with the nerf to the staff, it will still be BiS before MoP levelling greens : )))

Deleted
    On a completely unrelated note, nice freaking transmog proveko ;D