Deleted

So I have no idea about this game whatsoever...

...But I have a little brother who's 7, mad on lego and has been watching loads of minecraft videos (Not realising it was a computer game). I'm just wondering how easy is this game to play? and if it's tough, is there no sort of mode where you just build?

Probably sounds stupid, just wanna know how accessible it would be for him.

You can play it in a sandbox mode where you can take as long as you want to build stuff, and nothing will hurt you.

I should think he'd be able to cope with that - you might just need to show him some stuff to get started.

Yeah I'd say get it for him. There's only a few things he'd need to know if he's just going to do creative mode, and he can find some tutorial videos for survival mode if he ever decides to do that which'll tell him what he needs to do to survive his first night, craft necessary items, etc etc.

I was a big-time lego fan when I was younger and I know if minecraft was made back then, I would have begged and begged until I had it :P

The original game is terribly easy, even in survival mode.

For the game to be any sort of hard, you need some crazy special rules and hard modes. Otherwise you dont even need one "day" in survival mode to win.

But beware : the game has very little ingame help. There are no explanations on how to build stuff. You pretty much need external sources unless you want to be uncertain all the time if you missed something. Sandbox mode will be very easy for him though.

ps : you can try the free version online.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I think a 7 year old would have fun playing this if you teach him how to and put it on peaceful.

playing it on creative mode would be an easy way to build without risks or having to memorize crafting recipes. the original, free version would be a great trial. If that hooks your attention, buy the game.

for more info on the complexities, they have a wiki. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    definately try the "free" version on the minecraft site it's classic build only mode it has no mobs but i don't think you can fly and your bulding material list is limited.

without fly it's really anoying to get aroudn and you can get yourself stuck in the bedrock lava or just be 1/2 way through a construction then realise you hit the edge invis wall)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnesia View Post
    ...But I have a little brother who's 7, mad on lego and has been watching loads of minecraft videos (Not realising it was a computer game). I'm just wondering how easy is this game to play? and if it's tough, is there no sort of mode where you just build?

Probably sounds stupid, just wanna know how accessible it would be for him.
    The full game has a Creative mode where you have unlimited resources, permanent flying, and godmode, and a survival mode where you have to dig up your own resources and have to fight off monsters and keep yourself fed and healthy. Either mode would probably be enjoyable for him. The game isn't particularly difficult even on hard mode, but there's a peaceful setting that removes all enemy monsters from the game while leaving in the friendly creatures like cows and pigs and stuff.

The game has no tutorial or manual, though, so you should probably bookmark Minecraftwiki and refer to it often.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Like everyone has said there is a full creative mode.

I'm actually here with a different opinion because I recently went through similar with my younger brother (little bit older at 11), but you might found this collection of 18 games like minecraft helpful (you can also google 'games like minecraft' for a few other resources, this one is at the bottom of page 1 and I found it most helpful).

I actually ended up getting him the Eden World builder for his iPod touch (I know spoilt much?) and got him to try out Roblox which he had some fun with.

Just thought it would be helpful.
    Last edited by IamSam; 2019-05-04 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you for all your comments. He has been using the free version for several days now, and absolutely loves it!

I'm sure he'll be pestering for a subscription but I'm glad he's finally found a PC game .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnesia View Post
    Thank you for all your comments. He has been using the free version for several days now, and absolutely loves it!

I'm sure he'll be pestering for a subscription but I'm glad he's finally found a PC game .
    just to clarify, you dont need a subscription, just a one off purchase of the game and you can play forever.

Probably the simplest game out there... you just get to to whatever you want to. It really allows you to be creative though it is a time consumer.

Deleted
    Got a little sister who's 10 years old atm, and she is absolutely loving the game. She's only playing on creative/peaceful though, but she's managing raelly good! =) She wanted me to show her how redstone worked, so I did and she's experimenting with it all the time =) Definitely a game that can be played by kids and adults alike, and for a 7 year old lego-maniac it's the best possible game out there afaik

If you want to have fun with him:
    - Start a new world
    - While he is gone, switch it to Hardcore.
    - Wait until dark, him not knowing about Mobs.
    - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

But, if you don't, just keep it on Peaceful.
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:
    Italics = What he's doing currently.
    Non-italics with Quotes = Talking
    Non-Italics without Quotes = Thinking |

Deleted
    Minecraft was great when I first started playing, easy to use etc

Deleted
    I see alot of people playing this game and im quite interested in trying it myself tbh :P