questiong about demo lock on H madness

hello my guild is currently on H madness and our warlock is going aff(he does very high damage) but im wondering if demo is actually better than aff on that fight??

he told me hellfire doesnt proc spellweave as far as he told me. is this true???

looking at WOL of top demo locks, their top damage was spellweave how is this done??multi dots??

any tips for demo lock would be awsome cheers~~(unless aff is better for the fight)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    hello my guild is currently on H madness and our warlock is going aff(he does very high damage) but im wondering if demo is actually better than aff on that fight??

he told me hellfire doesnt proc spellweave as far as he told me. is this true???

looking at WOL of top demo locks, their top damage was spellweave how is this done??multi dots??

any tips for demo lock would be awsome cheers~~(unless aff is better for the fight)
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Madness_o...14/60/default/

Aff parses about 17k higher for the top 100 parses.

Whether Hellfire procs Spellweave or not, not sure. But just because Spellweave is a Demo lock's #1 source of damage doesn't mean Hellfire is proccing it. Multi dotting will still proc it for a Demo lock, which results in Spellweave still being the #1 source of damage anyway.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Affliction should be better if hes allowed to multi dot to the limbs while the corruption is up, otherwise both specs should be quite equal.

Demo will be better if you are in need of a high burst of dmg in a determinated point (eg, parasites on the 4th platform) or 1 of the 3 sets of bloods during phase 2.

The # of spellweave doesn't determine how good/bad the spec is, since most of spellweaving dmg is just inflated numbers/recount padding.

Also, following WoL at this point is not a good measurement of how each spec is doing, since the one which can pads harder will be MUCH ahead of others since guilds atm have it on farm and some players are just doing crazy things to get rankings.
    Last edited by HhitSappens; 2012-02-20 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    Also, following WoL at this point is not a good measurement of how each spec is doing, since the one which can pads harder will be MUCH ahead of others since guilds atm have it on farm and some players are just doing crazy things to get rankings.
    Agreed. Madness is very open to meter padding and with a good group you can boost 1 person through the roof.

On my latest LFR raid my raid was slacking hard so I had loads of uptime on hemo adds, proccing like mad and also boosting my Havoc. At the end I was over 100k dps. Applying the same principles on normal or heroic with relaxing dps a bit at times or leaving adds up WoL logs can show absurd numbers.

Hellfire does NOT proc Spellweave. Shadowflame + Rain of Fire = Spellweave galore