Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

MoP's first tier sets speculation

here's my atempt to predict MoP's first tier sets

Warlock: Warlocks always get to dress up as the villains. necromancers, twilight cultists, old gods, et cetera (even if the villains have nothing to do with warlocks :P). so the easiest guess here is a Sha set. Confirmed;

Warrior: As warrior's usually get armor based on the toughest guys around, I'd say their set will probably be based on the Mogu or on the Black Ox pandaren clan. The warrior t14 is out, but I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. Since it has horns, it MIGHT be based on the black ox clan;

Rogue: Rogues have been getting their set design from the dark-ish mobs that always attacks in big numbers, so I'd guess they will get their set from the Mantid or from the Shado-pan pandaren clan (aka pandaren ninjas);

Shaman: For some reason I have a feeling the shaman set will be based on the Red Crane pandaren clan, as they are very close to the element of fire or maybe on the Jinyu, who are known to stick their staffs in rivers and hear what the land is saying;

Hunter: Hunters are known to get sets from what they will be hunting (from warp stalkers to gronn, from murlocs to dragons), so it's hard to define what aspect they will take on (no pun intended ). I would bet on the Hozu or on the White Tiger pandaren clan;

Death Knights: Skulls, bones, the usual :P;

Druids: Druid sets are usually based on plants. While we haven't seen much of the pandaren flora, I'd say the safest bets would be the cherry trees we see in the shado-pan monastery (prepare yourself to wear pink ) or a bonsai tree;

Priest: Cloud Serpent;

Paladin: Tiger;

Mage: No idea
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-04-18 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well what if they went with the zodiac animals? like dragon, horse, boar, rat, snake, rabbit, dog, ox, monkey, tiger, rooster and ram? i dont think thats too far off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    well what if they went with the zodiac animals? like dragon, horse, boar, rat, snake, rabbit, dog, ox, monkey, tiger, rooster and ram? i dont think thats too far off the mark.
    they could make that look pretty sick tbh

than warlocks would take the rat

EDIT: or maybe warlocks would take the snake and rogues would take the rat. though warlocks already have a snake set.

Deleted
    On that note, Some of those animals don't seem appropriate for certain classes, but it may go something like this

Rogue - Snake, Rabbit or Monkey
    Warrior - Ox or Ram
    Hunter - Tiger

well that's about all I can think of, can't really find suitable animals for the other classes.

I will always cling to hope that my DK will get to wear a blue oni mask.

Deleted
    Pink?! FUCK THIS SHIT

*glasses on*
    *table flips*
    *walks out*

here's the deal: the first tier set of each expansion is usually based on what you'll find around the place (for instance, in cata you had elemental sets, a dragon set, a murlock set, a twilight cultist set, et cetera). the following sets are based on their raids. chinese zodiac animals probably won't fit a tier set unless every one of them has a race we'll meet and fight or unless there's a raid about the zodiac.

in comparison PvP sets have been pretty much arbitrary. if you want zodiac sets, you should bet on the PvP ones.

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Droxo View Post
    Pink?! FUCK THIS SHIT

*glasses on*
    *table flips*
    *walks out*
    I think that's why blizzard gave us transmog right before MoP

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Death Knights: Skulls, bones, the usual :P
    I am a Death Knight and i approve this T14 idea

15+ Year Old Account
    here's the deal: the first tier set of each expansion is usually based on what you'll find around the place (for instance, in cata you had elemental sets, a dragon set, a murlock set, a twilight cultist set, et cetera). the following sets are based on their raids. chinese zodiac animals probably won't fit a tier set unless every one of them has a race we'll meet and fight or unless there's a raid about the zodiac.

in comparison PvP sets have been pretty much arbitrary. if you want zodiac sets, you should bet on the PvP ones.

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 10:24 PM ----------

I think that's why blizzard gave us transmog right before MoP
    Yeaaaaah that only applied to cata really.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Warrior- Shugon like armour.
    Monk- Dalhi Lama orange robes.
    Rogues- Medieval ninjas black costumes.
    Shaman- something with beeds as neck.
    Death Knight- a Shugon with a skeleton mask.
    Paladin- Festive pink suit with dragon mask.
    Hunters- short skirt mail armor.
    Priests- Kimonos DUH!
    Mages- Silk robes.
    Warlcok- Recolored purple silk robes.
    Druids- Naked(Who cares about how their gear looks fo'real).

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Yeaaaaah that only applied to cata really.
    WotLK: t7 - crypt fiend, plague, death knight, ice, light.
    t8 - some titanic sets (ulduar) with some scourge to remind us it's still WotLK.
    t9 - horde vs alliance (the competition in trial of the cruzader)
    t10 - necromancer, acolyte, san'lain, lich king, krypt lord, geist, light-burning-undead, et cetera (stuff from the scourge in ICC)

so it's been like that for 2 x-packs already and it doesn't seem like it's going to change. it makes sense, blizzard liked it, so it's not "just cata".
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-02-21 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    You mean medieval stagehand costumes. Ninjas would run around in whatever fit the occassion, which pretty much always meant some kind of disguise, which may on occassion have been one of those black stagehand costumes they are commonly shown in today.

If N'Zoth is the final raid boss of the expansion and the Sha are manifestations of him, like I think they are, then I hope Warlocks don't get a Sha tier until the last one. I can only imagine how utterly badass it will look, and I dont want to replace it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    If N'Zoth is the final raid boss of the expansion and the Sha are manifestations of him, like I think they are, then I hope Warlocks don't get a Sha tier until the last one. I can only imagine how utterly badass it will look, and I dont want to replace it quickly.
    I think warlocks sha tier 14 is a safe bet, but there could be a "bigger sha" last tier or a "n'zoth" last tier lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droxo View Post
    Pink?! FUCK THIS SHIT

*glasses on*
    *table flips*
    *walks out*
    ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) Relax brah
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Warrior- Shugon like armour.
    Monk- Dalhi Lama orange robes.
    Shaman- something with beeds as neck.
    Death Knight- a Shugon with a skeleton mask.
    Paladin- Festive pink suit with dragon mask.
    Hunters- short skirt mail armor.
    Priests- Kimonos DUH!
    Mages- Silk robes.
    Warlcok- Recolored purple silk robes.
    Druids- Naked(Who cares about how their gear looks fo'real).
    I will hunt you down like I did GC parents if this happens.
    But anyhow i'm feeling for the first tier just orient looking armor nothing hugely themed together.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    chinese zodiac animals probably won't fit a tier set unless every one of them has a race we'll meet and fight or unless there's a raid about the zodiac.
    Is it just me, or does a Zodiac-themed raid sound just bad-ass? (if pulled off right, obviously, with the raid being divided into different sections with different mobs, surroundings, etc fitting to the bosses).
    Put in a bit of Titan-lore behind the raid and bosses, would be fitting IMHO, and voilá, there you have your 5.1 oder 5.2 raid zone!

OT:
    First tier will again be something based on the mobs/zones we encounter beforehand, the tiers after that based on the different raids and the general theme of those.

If there were going to be a Zodiac-raid, then there you could easily fit in the Zodiac-themed tier sets, which would definitely be awesome, if done right.

...and tbh, I'm really sick of the DK sets, 3-4 years later and we still get skulls 'n bones...I mean, yeah, it is fitting for an unholy knight to wear such armor in general, but c'mon, always having kinda same look is just annoying...and I mean a bit more variation than that butterfly/bee thingie we got for T12

Do want an Oni/Samurai Inspried plate wearer outfits.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I like the zodiac idea thats kicking around all the forums myself, like goat/ram for dk's, ox forwarriors, turtle for monks, monkey for hunters, dragon for mages and so on.