[Prot] Pyrium Shield Spike at total CTC?

I've been at total CTC for a while now and have been gradually scaling back my mastery as I replace gear. I've been wondering if it's worth replacing the +50 mastery enchant on my shield with the shield spike?

nope
    10 chars

What does "CtC" even mean?

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

No. You can always start reforging that mastery into avoidance as long as you can maintain that CTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    What does "CtC" even mean?
    Combat Table Coverage
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Threat is a non-issue, and the added dps is ... pathetic at best. You are better off going with:
    extra armor or parry. And if you really what extra dps, just reforge the extra survivability into hit/expertise instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Threat is a non-issue, and the added dps is ... pathetic at best. You are better off going with:
    extra armor or parry. And if you really what extra dps, just reforge the extra survivability into hit/expertise instead.
    Pretty much what I was wondering. While I'm not worried about threat, one issue we've been having in our H progressions is running into are enrage timers, especially Ultraxion. I wasn't really sure how much the spike would impact DPS given that every attack not dodged or parried would be blocked. My healers haven't reported any issues keeping me up so I've been reforging excess mastery into expertise.

Deleted
    Forget shield spikes for HM dps checks, keep the mastery and bleed the extra CtC from somewhere else.
    The spike damage are not increased by anything ( maybe the 4% physical debuff, but meh...), and considering an average of ~2.5s boss swing timer the overall dps gain is meh.
    Last time we killed zonoz (hm, 6min kill) our war tank took 126 blocked hits. Meaning he'd get an extra ~18k damage on the whole fight, idk if the boss debuff would increase the spike damage, still pretty pathetic.
    On the other hand he hit the boss 392 times ( white hits + special attacks), and at max vengence a single heroic strike is more than 18k damage, so in this case anything as small as 0.25% hit or ~0.12% expertise would have been better from a dps point of view, i think that's about ~40hit and 20expertise. And that is not considering the extra rage gain from more white hits landing on the boss.

Gemming can get you a 1parry:1expertise and 1stam:1hit ratio (Expertise is red, Hit is blue)
    Enchantement-vise you have:
    Gloves : 65mastery -> 50 expertise
    Feet : 35mastery/8%speed OR 50mastery -> 50Hit
    The others are not really worth talking about.

Arguably you also have the option of going with 2 elixirs instead of a stam flask, expensive in the long run:
    Battle:
    Mastery
    Hit
    Expertise
    Gardian:
    Armor
    Resistances

Cool, ty for the advice.