10+ Year Old Account

Melee weapon in MoP

So they are removing melee weapons from Hunters in MoP and leaving us with only ranged weapons. While that's just fine, one thing I don't like is that our ranged weapon isn't shown on us. I remember reading a post a while ago that Hunters will be able to equip a melee weapon for aesthetics, but I don't know where it is. Does anyone know how this will work? Will the make ranged weapons visible on us, or will be be able to equip melee weapons? And if we are able to equip melee weapons, how will we be able to obtain them?

I would also assume that attacks like Raptor Strike and Wing clip are gone because of this, unless we can just hit people with our guns. Yes. Hitting people our guns would be entertaining. Not like I used either of those anyways.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-02-21 at 08:17 AM.

ranged will show up on you and obtain melee weapons by looting them /thread
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Question: If they are getting rid of our melee weapon, why not do same for casters wands and other classes "stat sticks" as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyrico View Post
    Question: If they are getting rid of our melee weapon, why not do same for casters wands and other classes "stat sticks" as well?
    would be much better if they made casters attack with wands as their auto attack. Sure, sounds crazy n all, Harry Potter style, but would make balancing melee/casters PvE and to a degree PvP damage easier.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are. Relics are being removed and wands will become Mainhand weapons with stats comparable to other mainhands.

They are.

Wands will be main hand instead, warriors won't be able to have ranged, nor rogues, etc etc.
    All stat sticks will be gone. They said this during the Blizzcon panel I believe, when this hunter change was revealed.

Edit: ^ Not only did you just beat me to saying it, but you started out the exact same way I did. /Highfive

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Deleted
    they are, as a paladin our relics are going, rogues ranged is going, warriors ranged is going, not sure whats happening with wands etc though