Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Character Slots Revealed!

As of the Press Beta event, there are 5 slots - assuming one for each race!

I was expecting 4, but got 5 (assuming this won't change)

Are you guys happy with 5? Happy to pay more? What do you guys think?

Picture:

Video: (shows the character screen at the start)

Last edited by Exerionx; 2012-02-21 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guh, should not have opened. Must resist. Not again. NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Guh, should not have opened. Must resist. Not again. NOPE.
    Maybe I should've put "[Spoilers]" in the title -.-

Deleted
    Was hoping for 8 slots, for each profession, but meh, they will probably sell character slots for a reasonable price in the Guild Wars 2 Store.

Though I will probably only have 2 characters in the beginning, and ArenaNet are worth the money by selling character slots, since there is no monthly fee, and the game looks amazing and promising, I won't whine about buying some extra slots.

Deleted
    Hoping that extra slots don't cost too much.

1 for each race is ok for me. I'll just buy the maximum number as well though. Ultimately I'll want to play every profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    Was hoping for 8 slots, for each profession, but meh, they will probably sell character slots for a reasonable price in the Guild Wars 2 Store.

Though I will probably only have 2 characters in the beginning, and ArenaNet are worth the money by selling character slots, since there is no monthly fee, and the game looks amazing and promising, I won't whine about buying some extra slots.
    8?! I think that's too much. I think it will be one of their bigger incomes via the store. And I doubt they'll cost much like you said

I think 5 is great

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow.. I might have to check GW2 out.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feel overwhelmed just thinking about playing my main let alone 4-7 alts... @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Maybe I should've put "[Spoilers]" in the title -.-
    Much hatred for Anet; this decision of five. For all the professions at max do I strive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've been 8 really but 5 will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Should've been 8 really but 5 will do.
    Anet are a business. Business' need to make money.

'Nuff said :P

Deleted
    Well I planned around 5. Will be more than enough for me: mesmer, necromancer and elementalist assured. Two last spots will be engineer and ranger. Guardian and warrior, nah... not for me anyway. Perfect really, even though I'm not much of an alt player... but I will be able to pvp and try out the interesting professions and thats great

5 is enough IMO, I won't be buying an extra slot for a long time (at least a year) as I tend to progress slowly on my characters.

Asura Engineer (Main)
    Norn Ranger (Primary Alt)
    Sylvari Mesmer
    Human Thief
    Charr Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well I planned around 5. Will be more than enough for me: mesmer, necromancer and elementalist assured. Two last spots will be engineer and ranger. Guardian and warrior, nah... not for me anyway. Perfect really, even though I'm not much of an alt player... but I will be able to pvp and try out the interesting professions and thats great
    You are a psychic! :P Nah but really, I see what you mean. I'll be sticking with my Warrior through thick and thin with maybe a Thief alt. Them 2 I will play a lot but as for my other 3?

- Elementalist
    - Guardian
    - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I am taking solace in ignorance. I will no doubt be buying more to have 8. So hopefully the slots will be less than $5, but that will never happen. Also if they don't have birthday presents well... then...

Much hatred for Anet; this decision of five. For all the professions at max do I strive.
    So much whining, buy extra character slots. Give them some love

I'm buying 8 extra slots

Right now I am taking solace in ignorance. I will no doubt be buying more to have 8. So hopefully the slots will be less than $5, but that will never happen. Also if they don't have birthday presents well... then...
    ~ SNIP ~
    Haha! I can't see them being too expensive. I would guess $2.50 or perhaps $2.99 per slot

Haha! I can't see them being too expensive. I would guess $2.50 or perhaps $2.99 per slot
    €7,99 imho

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I am really upset about this is because they were 9.99 in GW1, if they are that much in this one I'll be paying around $110 for the game assuming CE isn't more than 80 DX