Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

What's the maximum number of Character slots?

Deleted
    Well, people havent played wow. With subfee and extremely high cost for faction change, server transfer and even appearance change.
    ANet would be crazy if they charged anything less than 9,99 dollars, because it's money like this that will keep them rocking between selling release box and expansions. I want them to make money enough to keep the game somewhat regulary updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanteus View Post
    What's the maximum number of Character slots?
    Pretty sure that's not known right now, but my very educated guess puts it at 80.

5 races, 8 professions, 2 genders!

10+ Year Old Account
    WHY AM I NOT PLAYING THIS YET?!

Having character slot numbers sorted feels like an approach to the minor stuff that accompanies the herald of a release date. How far along do you think the beta is to being in a release state?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Pretty sure that's not known right now, but my very educated guess puts it at 80.

5 races, 8 professions, 2 genders!
    As much as I'm sure Anet would love people to be buying 75 more slots, I doubt that many will be available. I'd expect around 15-20.
    But from what I've seen from coverage so far, it looks amazing, I can see myself getting lost in the starting areas for such a long time, there just seems like so much to do there. I can see why selling extra slots would seem profitable.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Having character slot numbers sorted feels like an approach to the minor stuff that accompanies the herald of a release date. How far along do you think the beta is to being in a release state?
    Taken from: http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...oday#more-7186

Next week...we’ll have some very specific information about an upcoming Guild Wars 2 beta event – I guarantee you will not want to miss it!

And that's all we know "for sure" right now

When they announce a beta for us, I will jump off my chair, run around the office for 15 minutes screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    When they announce a beta for us, I will jump off my chair, run around the office for 15 minutes screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Then the problem is to be able to enter it, getting an invite from them :x

Deleted
    Not to bad then, at least its 1 for each race although if you want one of each class you will have to pay more, im pretty happy with that.

I can't say I'm happy about it, but I don't see why character slots would be terribly expensive, so I'm willing to buy another three so I can have a complete set of alts to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five works for me. I'm not sure why some people seem to be upset about approx $5-10 for an extra character slot. That's really not that much money even if you're still in school. I'll buy my three extra slots right off the bat most likely, but I can't see myself actually getting to my 6th-8th character for quite a while.

I'm happy with the number of character slots. Four at release sounds reasonable.Let's face it, we won't have 8 characters at day one, no natter what. And with the the in-game shop will provide additional slots for good prices, AND that will help support the company in a small way. Seems pefect to me

Deleted
    5 is more than enough for me, 1 for each race.

10+ Year Old Account
    This works fine for me, I'll buy more slots as I go (probably up to 10 if I can, enough for each race/prof combo I want).

I'll probably skip fancy looking stuff from their store for a bit so I can get these first.

From what I noticed "PvP Character" doesnt take up any space (since it changes your main char bit) Im totally fine with 5. Will take some time for me to fill other 4 (professions I wanna check the most are: Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Mesmer, Guardian). When I decide I want another one... then I will buy it. Doubt prices would be really expensive, atm in GW1 store a character slot is 9euro. Which for a loooooooooong time will be more than fine payment (especially that I dont have a sub fee to pay monthly).
    So yeah in this model... I dont really mind and find 5 just perfect. I might level few diff professions on one slot and end up deleting them if I dont like em enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of expected 5 slots and that's fine by me.

Doing all the stuff I want on 5 characters will take some time (probably 1000s of hours).

Will of course at some point buy at least 3 more to cover all professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Doubt prices would be really expensive, atm in GW1 store a character slot is 9euro. Which for a loooooooooong time will be more than fine payment (especially that I dont have a sub fee to pay monthly).
    That is indeed a point worth noting as well.

If you buy 1 slot each month you'll still walk away with more money then paying a sub fee of $15/15€ every month.
    Last edited by nalle; 2012-02-21 at 04:23 PM.

meh should be 8 for each profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    meh should be 8 for each profession.
    That'd be reasonable if this was a subscription based game.

I hope they sell character slots in packs, like they did with mercenary hero slots. Over recent years Ive come to understand that 10 per server (WoW) and 16 total (DCUO Legendary Plan) really isnt enough for me in the long run, so I will almost always want to purchase extra slots if available. I have no issue with paying for things like this that I will use if Im not paying a subscription fee. Its when you do a cash shop like WoW has that I object.