Deleted

Bart Smit Diablo 3 release date

I was flipping through the new flyer that came in the mail today from a popular video game store chain in Holland and it showed D3 coming out on April 19th, which happens to be on a tuesday.

Also I went to the web site and it also gave this informaion as well:

http://www.bartsmit.com/pc-dvd-diablo-3

Of course it could be made up date, placeholder date, just a random date to signify Q2. But usually Bart Smit is right on the money when it comes to product releases.

Just a heads up, dont look too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amy View Post
    SNIP...

Just a heads up, dont look too much into it.

Almost all the gaming sites do this. They come up with some random date as if it has any truth to it and post it to generate traffic or some other such nonsense.

I wouldn't believe anything till Blizzard posts it.

How many times do people need to be told that shops know as much about release information as everyone else does before it sticks?

Deleted
    Its a placeholder until blizzard says otherwice stores have to do this in order to be allowed to sell preorders.

10+ Year Old Account
    april huh, pretty nice. Its Q2 so yeah, possible. Really hope so too tbh :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Gamestop told me my copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess was due to be delivered about 14 months before the game actually got released. So my faith in stores' projected release dates pretty much went down the drain right around then.

Yeah I got a robocall from Gamestop on Jan 1 2011 that my copy of Diablo 3 would be ready for pickup soon.......sooooo

Deleted
    A bit off topic but isn't it illegal to post false dates like that? I mean if you preorder it and they fail to deliver, couldn't people sue them for damages? Sounds awfully risky for a business.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    A bit off topic but isn't it illegal to post false dates like that? I mean if you preorder it and they fail to deliver, couldn't people sue them for damages? Sounds awfully risky for a business.
    no cause within the law they cant sell an pre order before a date is set, and they also set this date as "can change" or whatever the loop in the law says.. so yes they can do this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    They'll have it in their T&C that pre-order dates are subject to change which generally covers the whole site. A lot of genuine pre-order dates are set and then the dates changed by the company so they have to be covered in case of that anyway.

I just got an email from my regular games shop, saying Diablo III is a go for June.

They trollin' me? Cos I haven't seen anything anywhere else.

http://www.gamezone.no/userfiles/ima...AIL%283%29.jpg
    Last edited by runeb1980@hotmail.com; 2012-02-22 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    My gut tells me April.

I hope its right..

i wouldn't bet 1 ct on april, the timeframe wouldn't work
    for it to be released in april, it would have to be "golden" status now and gone for pressing the DVD's
    i'm not in beta so i've to be speculate a bit here, but from what is gathered they are not real anywhere close to golden ....
    RMAH still to be fixed and other things

june might be possible, bbuuuuut if they releaes it in june i doubt mop will be released 2012

Actually my calendar tells me april 19th is a thursday not a tuesday ...

I want to believe that, I really do. Early Q2 would be awesome.