Deleted

New hunter, which first valor piece to buy?

Hey guys dinged 85 on my hunter an hour or so ago and im getting valor capped in HoT heroics at the moment ready to cap again tommorow.

So what shall i buy with my 2k valor tommorow?

I bought valor boots and have i believe the justice bracers.

Anyway here is my armoury:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADa/advanced

I was thinking the trinket but as it doesnt have a passive agility stat it seems a bit "meh" but then again itll be better than my blue 318 one...

but yeh any help is appreciated thanks.

Trinket, Belt and Cloak imo.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

Deleted
    whats gets you the best stats, really.

Deleted
    In that order?

Also the armoury isnt updated but i have arrow of time and have gemmed and enchanted my boots

The faster you replace those last few greens, the faster you will probably be able to sneak into LFR. Hopefully your dps will be ok enough so no one notices all the pvp gear and starts spamming raid chat to kick you. So, i'd start with the greens, then pretty much any of the pvp items replace with vp gear next.

Deleted
    There's better trinkets ( vial and spine trinket even in lfr), better belts AND better cloaks ( ryo hm, arguably normal mode too). Get something you can't upgrade latter on, like the ring or necklace.
    [edit] you have to log out of your character for the armory to update.

Grats on 85!

I personally wouldn't get the belt first as you'll be getting Cinch of the World Shaman from the HoT quests. I would start with the cloak as that's the only 397 cloak (you could do FL to get a Rhyolith cloak which may be better) and then do neck (none drop in LFR or normal DS). After those two, get whatever would be the biggest upgrade. Also, I would pick up the JP trink, Fluid Death, until you can get a 378 or better.
    Last edited by zatchmo; 2012-02-21 at 04:10 PM.

Neck, Ring, Cloak for a start, as there are no upgrades for those in LFR. Boots, Bracer, Belt afterwards. Get another toon to buy the boots and bracer if you have one. Get 4P T13 in LFR, and buy stuff for whatever slots are left over.

Spent the JPs as well on things like T12, as you should be able to get into LFT within a day or two of dinging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Neck, Ring, Cloak for a start, as there are no upgrades for those in LFR. Boots, Bracer, Belt afterwards. Get another toon to buy the boots and bracer if you have one. Get 4P T13 in LFR, and buy stuff for whatever slots are left over.

Spent the JPs as well on things like T12, as you should be able to get into LFT within a day or two of dinging.
    Hey thanks for the reply.

I have the valor boots already and will buy the bracers on my paladin or something.

From the replys think ill get the cloak tommorow then next week the belt (and buy the bracers from an alt).

Thanks again for the replies

EDIT: also logged out to update armoury, just got legs from HoT.
    Last edited by mmoc31884a9e67; 2012-02-21 at 04:21 PM.

Trinket is only good for Spine and Hagara, LFR Wrath of Unchaining/Vial are better options. Get any pieces with Crit Rating first. I'd prolly get the belt since you only replace it if you kill H:Warmaster.

Deleted
    buying the cloak when there's both a possible upgrade(ryo cloak) and a free ilvl365 one (thrall quests at hyjal) is not such a great idea.

Deleted
    Lvl up 2 prof. aswell. I recommend you Leatherworking and jewellcrafting.

Deleted
    Aim for crit/mastery in gearing, personally the best way to go for mark's with a high mastery arcane shot dump until you get bout 390 ilevel then go surv which follows crit>mastery>haste along with the 2 set surv starts to outperform marks. all after hit cap ofc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    Aim for crit/mastery in gearing, personally the best way to go for mark's with a high mastery arcane shot dump until you get bout 390 ilevel then go surv which follows crit>mastery>haste along with the 2 set surv starts to outperform marks. all after hit cap ofc
    Im fully aware of stat caps etc but thanks for pointing it out

Im going to stick with survival, its not like my DPS is bad currently im outDPSing 378+ geared people in HoT (not that its an accomplishment a lot are learning to play.)

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
    Lvl up 2 prof. aswell. I recommend you Leatherworking and jewellcrafting.
    I will be doing professions ASAP indeed. Not done them yet as i levelled as fast as possible (and seeing as ive had around 8x85s now 80-85 was rather quick!)

Whilst I may be a bit late but 1st VP item that I would choose would be the ring as you get:-

Neck: JP - Crit/Hit (378)
    Cloak: Quest - Hit/Mastery - (365 cheap & easy enough to get)
    Wrist: BoE's - either 378 or 397
    Belt: Quest (378)
    Boots: BoE (397)
    Ring2: JP (378)
    Trinket1: JP (359 - still amazingly strange for it's ilvl)

Armor you can sneak in PvP helm & shoulders & go chest, gloves & legs as tier; 2nd trinket could prove a little iffy but I suppose the PvP on use isnt too bad if you're unlucky getting a dungeon drop; Ranged & 2hander - crafted 365 gun & Polearm.
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

the trinket is pathetic... dont get it.. its probly the last purchase u will ever need to make.

u want the neck/cloak/ or ring as there is only one 2ndary ring from hagara.

neck is BiS unless you have heroic rag (unlikely for new hunter)
    then get cloak, second BiS and unlikely you will raid FL hc