Help with Hunter PVP - Monkey

Hey guys.. Ive always been a longtime friend of the spider web... root the rogue, flare him and blow him up.. etc.. has always been great.. stopping someone for a few secs to catch up while maintaining dps.. or strand.. of.. evilness...

Anyway!

To the monkey portion here... I definately understand why it's a very good pvp pet, especially in a controlled (read; on mumble with teammates coordinating targets) environment .. to be able to have what amounts to an additional scatter shot.

My problem is.. Getting the monkey to use the ability in the first place. I think my problem is that it has a cast time? and something is screwing with it

I use a macro along the lines of;
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][@focus,exists,harm,nodead][@target] .. Monkey ability.

what I see happen, via quartz pet cast bar, is the pet sometimes ignores the command (stance; assist.. bug?), or goes to cast, casts for .2 sec, then self interupts? and goes back to the target he was on without casting the fling poop.

This only appears to happen IN pvp.

The macro works fine on target dummies in org.

------------------------

Is there a better macro to use? - should I include a /petpassive in there so that he stops everything and goes to fling? Will that help?
    Am I screwing something up? - an issue perhaps with mouseover.. in that I should try to use focus's better and not mouseover for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    Hey guys.. Ive always been a longtime friend of the spider web... root the rogue, flare him and blow him up.. etc.. has always been great.. stopping someone for a few secs to catch up while maintaining dps.. or strand.. of.. evilness...

Anyway!

To the monkey portion here... I definately understand why it's a very good pvp pet, especially in a controlled (read; on mumble with teammates coordinating targets) environment .. to be able to have what amounts to an additional scatter shot.

My problem is.. Getting the monkey to use the ability in the first place. I think my problem is that it has a cast time? and something is screwing with it

I use a macro along the lines of;
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][@focus,exists,harm,nodead][@target] .. Monkey ability.

what I see happen, via quartz pet cast bar, is the pet sometimes ignores the command (stance; assist.. bug?), or goes to cast, casts for .2 sec, then self interupts? and goes back to the target he was on without casting the fling poop.

This only appears to happen IN pvp.

The macro works fine on target dummies in org.

------------------------

Is there a better macro to use? - should I include a /petpassive in there so that he stops everything and goes to fling? Will that help?
    Am I screwing something up? - an issue perhaps with mouseover.. in that I should try to use focus's better and not mouseover for this?
    If your pet is not in LoS to the enemy and you have a /petattack macro tied to your shots, it may fail to cast Bad Manner. Sorry, can't think of anything else.

No /petattack to shots -- have a manual (ShiftW) /petassist /petattack and a (ShiftS) /petpassive /petfollow

if in LoS, should move TO los -- in non-hectic pvp when the pets at my side, and I want to fling at my target, hitting the macro will cause the monkey to move in los/range and fling, its only when Im doing other things, shooting other targets, or otherwise trying to multitask where I run into issues

If I want a priority in macros, I write them as separate commands, as opposed to one command with many different potential parameters, vis a vis:

/cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Bad Manner; [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] Bad Manner; [@target] Bad Manner

I don't know if it's redundant, or if it's doing the same thing as yours, but this forces it to look at the first one fully before going to the second one. If the first one fires, it obviously won't fire on 2nd and third, even if they're true.

I'm not entirely sure the way you wrote it sets a true priority, at least as far as WoW's macro language goes - this is the same thing I use for my dispels on my priest.

yeah frustating pet abilities i had trouble getting horn toss on my rhino to go off at the right time in AB

I'll give that a shot -- I was told it did the same thing as the way I wrote mine in terms of *checks*

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 02:32 PM ----------

@ esch, it seems to be working slightly better.. 1 RBG so far.. slow ques