DL'd this earlier!

ALWAYS make sure your vid card drivers are up to date!

Thanks for the heads up, but I think this should be in the computer section.

Thanks for the link, downloading them now

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but I think this should be in the computer section.
    Sorry was not sure. I know alot of the games on that list are pretty much top 10 on this forum especially the Skyrim improvements.

Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    DL'd this earlier!

ALWAYS make sure your vid card drivers are up to date!
    This is nonsense. In reality you want to stay one version behind, unless the driver is at least a few weeks old, or the driver supposedly solves very big issues. New drivers are prone to error and it's not rare for new drivers to mess up your pc big time.

Patience is usually adviced when it concerns drivers.

Which, by the way, doesn't suggest that these drivers are faulty. Just saying that new drivers are usually not thoroughly tested before release, just like there's always a percentage of MMO players that have more issues than the average majority.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-02-22 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    New drivers are prone to error and it's not rare for new drivers to mess up your pc big time.
    Im sorry but THIS is nonsense, they are released as WHQL drivers for a reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHQL_Testing

If you install "proper" nvidia drivers you will get a popup notification when new driver is available. You can go track down beta drivers etc but i'd stick with the ones the popup's pimping as (as said) these will be the whql ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Woot O_O.
    Also, improvements in Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3... sucking right now

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    Im sorry but THIS is nonsense, they are released as WHQL drivers for a reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHQL_Testing
    I only have to point at the history of drivers. And as with all software, the fact that they succeeded a few technical test doesn't mean they'll not affect different systems differently, somehow, somewhere. I hope you're not in IT and especially not in a software analysis department, because being naïve won't help you very much.

As an example. Microsoft has very clear rules about Microsoft Installer files (MSI's), but they don't follow those rules themselves at all. In fact, they break those rules more than not. I am faced with a great number of software packages each day, all of them have been tested by their technical devisions. We're talking about HP, Canon, Adobe, Exact, anything that's pretty much available. I've seen so many drivers for printers, video cards, external devices die on machine Z, while they work fine on machine A through Y. Software analysis is part of my work. Don't presume any test can test everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I only have to point at the history of drivers. And as with all software, the fact that they succeeded a few technical test doesn't mean they'll not affect different systems differently, somehow, somewhere. I hope you're not in IT and especially not in a software analysis department, because being naïve won't help you very much.

As an example. Microsoft has very clear rules about Microsoft Installer files (MSI's), but they don't follow those rules themselves at all. In fact, they break those rules more than not. I am faced with a great number of software packages each day, all of them have been tested by their technical devisions. We're talking about HP, Canon, Adobe, Exact, anything that's pretty much available. I've seen so many drivers for printers, video cards, external devices die on machine Z, while they work fine on machine A through Y. Software analysis is part of my work. Don't presume any test can test everything.
    I dont understand your point,

Its best to upgrade to certified drivers 99.9% of the time for the typical end user. Period.
    If your suggesting against that, well then good luck with that one friend
    Its not really a matter of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    I dont understand your point,

Its best to upgrade to certified drivers 99.9% of the time for the typical end user. Period.
    If your suggesting against that, well then good luck with that one friend
    Its not really a matter of discussion
    I'm saying it's best to wait a few weeks after release before installing, to see if any issues arise. There's no better test than milions of people installing a driver You can drive for years, but only have to have a car accident once.

A little late. I undated them over 14 hours ago