Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is D3 ever going to come out?!?

It's unsuprising that more mages got the staff relative to the other classes. Druids, priests and shamans only have one spec each benefiting from the staff, while the total number of people playing each class is similar to the total number of mages. And even for the people playing mostly elemental shaman, moonkin or shadow priest, it must be the case that a significant number of them fill in as healers when needed, which may lead their guilds to give legendary to a full time dps'er, so it will be utilized all the time, rather than most of the time. My impression is that there are relatively few full time elemental shamans, and that's not necessarily just because of the state of the spec, but also due to resto shamans being strong, and due to past history (many may have rolled their shamans back when practically all shamans were healers, because it was considered the only feasible spec, and stuck with it after learning the 'trade'). As for warlocks, it has always been one of the least played classes, even during the times when it was arguably the strongest dps class, for whatever reason (maybe simply due to being less 'iconic' in the fantasy tradition?). All else aside, there are just more total full time dps caster mages than there are of any of the other classes, I wouldn't be suprised if the ratios of the class of people with the staff quite closely reflects the number of people playing each relevant spec fairly closely.

Why is Han Solo wearing a ginger wig?

Played warlock and basically only warlock since the release of WOW, from the broken times to the DC fix to fear SF chaining etc..cata ruined them for me, and this hardly sounds a lot better. Please return us to the days of complex spell weaving, it was actually interesting.

Why are there so many warlock answers.... jeesh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Why are there so many warlock answers.... jeesh
    Because they've been one of the most clunky and inconvenient casters for a long time now when you compare them to the relative ease of mages who can put practically zero effort into the game with a challenging 2-button rotation and come out as essentially the best caster dps of all, as well as the fact that they likely have one of the biggest/deepest gulfs between being sucky/mediocre in their DPS and being pretty good. I'm certainly hoping this is resolved in MoP but I won't count my chickens just yet.
    Last edited by mmoc6653dda655; 2012-02-22 at 11:48 AM.

Why did I pick my ele alt to get a staff on. smh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    really? from how I interpret the "new" design locks are essentially becoming casting rogues...but hey if that's your cup of tea...
    That's whats cool, is they are trying to make casters feel a bit more than just "click and cast" which is what they all boil down to right now.

Deleted

They keep fucking over destro locks

They fucked over destro locks over when launching cata and now they aim to put in the killing blow.

I used to like destro locks for the exact reason they say that they dont want to be... full burst nuke with cooldown management... now it will be a retarded point system with slow building dps like aff...

Deleted
    d3 wont be out til like may- june mists wont be out til december, blizzard say they wanted to release expansions faster thats fine, but they also said cata was gonna have more content and be about pvp etc, gz on losing another 1.8 million subs+ in 2012 blizzard

Am I missing something with the new Destro spec? Are they basically saying that you're going to be taking damage (essentially DoT'ing YOURSELF) by playing properly and building up to the ~2 Embers they've indicated in the rotation? Unless there's some fairly potent life regen similar to the current affliction setup or they bring something to the table that other casters can't match, I don't see good things in destro's future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    Am I missing something with the new Destro spec? Are they basically saying that you're going to be taking damage (essentially DoT'ing YOURSELF) by playing properly and building up to the ~2 Embers they've indicated in the rotation? Unless there's some fairly potent life regen similar to the current affliction setup or they bring something to the table that other casters can't match, I don't see good things in destro's future.
    pve-wise
    if health loss will be similar to life taping affli / demo (destro should not life tap because of boosted mana regen - as I understand it) it may be manageable

pvp-wise
    really don't know

Is there a way to list everyone who got dragonwrath on a specific server. maybe even with date?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    Still, if you assume the same ratio of characters, that's 0.26% that have the staff. For a legendary that "everyone" has, that's not that many.
    Going by the unscientific method of 'how many parses has WoL seen in the last week of your class?', we have:

14300 Mages
    9244 Warlocks
    9998 SPriests
    5548 Boomkins
    5283 Elementals

That's Ultraxion parses, normal and heroic, ten and twentyfive.

For 44,373 total casters who log. Now, the big hole in the data is 'well, not everyone submits logs', and I don't know what that percentage is (somewhere around 15-20%, based on WoWProgress # of guilds that have killed Madness/Ultraxion tank parses/2). But there's a ballpark of the active caster balance at least. Some guilds have more than one raid group too, so there's that.

If it's 20% of guilds worldwide that parse, and the Dragonwrath data are more or less complete, and the parses are representative (class-wise, of everyone who raids), then

7.5% of raiding Mages have Dragonwrath
    7.3% of Warlocks
    6.1% of Shadow Priests
    6.4% of Balance Druids
    3.2% of Elemental Shaman

Can get some other interesting data out of that statistic too. Seven of Eight heroic 10mans have a Rogue this tier. The average heroic 10man has 1.56 Paladins and 1.33 Druids.

/bored this morning
    /wish Blizz had their own World of Logs. Give Raidleaders a public/private/anonymous option and there ya go. They have all the logs anyways, and better ones than we singular observers have, especially on a fight like Ultraxion where not everyone's 'together'.

Deleted
    I'm actually starting to feel bad for the warlocks. Overhaul is never a good thing, because an overhauled spec/class becomes good just as the expansion ends. If it starts very good, it will be overnerfed, other classes are bound to get buffs in the course of the expansion, near the end it may receive some buffs, they might be scaled down afterwards. I hate such roller coasters.

Deleted
    This feels soooooo legendary seeing eveyone with it.

Where is the the graph about "how quickly they got it"?
    You mention that aspect in your post but its not in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    /wish Blizz had their own World of Logs.
    there is a reason why they don't, and they never will. because that data would be too truthful. too truthful for their investors, and too truthful for their active players.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I'm actually starting to feel bad for the warlocks. Overhaul is never a good thing, because an overhauled spec/class becomes good just as the expansion ends. If it starts very good, it will be overnerfed, other classes are bound to get buffs in the course of the expansion, near the end it may receive some buffs, they might be scaled down afterwards. I hate such roller coasters.
    I don't think they'll let the class go without at least one viable spec. I guess we'll have to see how things pan out during beta.

Quote Originally Posted by dorlor View Post
    They fucked over destro locks over when launching cata and now they aim to put in the killing blow.

I used to like destro locks for the exact reason they say that they dont want to be... full burst nuke with cooldown management... now it will be a retarded point system with slow building dps like aff...
    I understand that those who are currently playing Destro will not likely accept the change quietly, but in reality I applaud Blizzard for trying to create a caster spec with a different sort of resource system and playstyle. There are enough caster specs that it is nice to see them trying something different with one of them. Yes, retooling a spec to this extent will cause some balance issues and I'm sure through the first tier of MoP there will be constant nerfs/buffs, but if they can sort it out by the end of that tier, I think Destro will be more interesting to play. That said, I would like to see one of the Warlock specs remain something that could be more frontloaded as it gives more opportunity to match your spec to specific fights. I don't see why a resource system like this can't still provide good burst potential though.