Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Invisible Armor through Transmog

Something I thought of that I think blizzard should consider, is an invisible peice of armor for all classes.

Have you ever noticed in some of the trailers and artwork for some of the races, for example, orcs and tauren, they fight without any chest armor. I've always thought this would be kind of cool, such as having a savage orc or tauren warrior or shaman fight this way. I've even ried to find armor to suit this, but things such as harnesses don't work for plate or mail wearers.

To that end, I recon it would be kind of cool to have something, perhaps at the darkmoon faire, armor peices for all armor types that appears invisible, doesn't have to be for all, but for chest, bracer and gloves.

To this, it could also have us fight in some of our favourite shirts without armor covering it, and what I suggested a while ago, make a tattoo service to show cool looking tattos on our characters, which we can show off with this option.

There are invisible chest leather armor pieces that are quest rewards, but currently do not allow them to be used in transmogging.

I know what your talking about though, my original plan was to use it on my male tauren druid. I got huge shoulder pads, some cool leggings and had it all planned out then they announced that that piece of armor cannot be mogged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, that one leather chest can't be transmogged. They let you transmog the cape from the emporer in blackrock depths, but you can choose to not displace cape anyway so its useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunatly they went out of their way to make sure Sandrene's Invisible Vest would NOT be available for transmog, so that tells us enough about Blizzard's stance on invisible items and the transmoggin' of such.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Unfortunatly they went out of their way to make sure Sandrene's Invisible Vest would NOT be available for transmog, so that tells us enough about Blizzard's stance on invisible items and the transmoggin' of such.
    Which I don't get, they portray characters without chest armor all the time, Illidan, Demon hunters, Night elf druids, Malfurion, Orc Warriors, Garrosh, Grom, Groxigar, Tauren druids, Rehgar Earthfury, wildhammer dwarves (god even the females O.o).. they make npcs all the time like this, but have issues with letting players change there armor with it?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-02-22 at 04:53 PM.

I support this idea!
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

And how many would use it on female chars if there were such a thing? :P

...and Im glad blizz isnt going the path to allow "nude" mods either, like so many other games allow lol
    Last edited by KaziOfTheSkies; 2012-02-22 at 03:57 PM.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Post on official forums. Great idea actually. Just make sure youmention that people can't make pants invisible, all other slots are good I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    And how many would use it on female chars if there were such a thing? :P
    The same amount that make the black mageweave set.... which i think is more revealing then the underwear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Which I don't get, they portray characters without chest armor all the time, Illidan, Night elf druids, Orc Warriors, Tauren druids, Rehgar Earthfury, wildhammer dwarves (god even the females O.o).. they make npcs all the time like this, but have issues with letting players change there armor with it?
    Not that hard to understand really. People complained back when transmog was being announced that it wouldn't be fair in PvP to not know what kind of gear the enemy was wearing/would make it confusing. Thus many of the 'fun' gear is blacklisted.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Not that hard to understand really. People complained back when transmog was being announced that it wouldn't be fair in PvP to not know what kind of gear the enemy was wearing/would make it confusing. Thus many of the 'fun' gear is blacklisted.
    But... by that logic, we wouldn't be able to transmogrify at all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hightides24 View Post
    Exactly. We can transmog a pvp set to look like a lv10 pve set or armor, giving no idea of the persons current gear. So its no argument if they just as much are without chest or shoulder armor, in an rp sense it be more badass.

Deleted
    This has been bugging me too. Always wanted to make a demon hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hightides24 View Post
    I think you guys should know by now that this games community doesn't operate on logic. However the idea is that as long as the item is visually a specific type of armor its ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azandur View Post
    This has been bugging me too. Always wanted to make a demon hunter
    Added to the list, forgot them.

Deleted
    And shoulders OP, you forgat invisible shoulders. And yes, I fully agree with your idea.

Sure, maybe a few people will use it to make whory characters, but don't they already? I mean in Goldshire on some realms there's already underwear characters, what's the difference in making it so some characters can wear an invisible chest anyway? It's not like they're fully nude or something, if we're afraid of females in bras what's the world come to? Plus, some of the armors, like for example the vanguard chest are even more revealing then the true bras, so what's the difference?

I hate that they imposed any rules on transmogrification to begin with. God damn it if I want to have axes equipped that are transmogrified into swords, I should be able to!
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I would love this. I've always wanted to make my Orc arms warrior looks like a blademaster- but most of them don't wear a shirt. For it to be feasable I'd need invisible shoulders and chest. Here's to hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    And shoulders OP, you forgot invisible shoulders. And yes, I fully agree with your idea.
    What I wouldn't give to hide the unsightly shoulder pads on some sets.

Love the invisible chest idea for male characters, there would be a lot of fun possibilities. For women though, well, most of the undies are pretty unflattering. Maybe I can't really picture what they would go with. Well other than just showing skin for the sake of doing so...

Maybe there just isn't a shirt I'm dying to be seen in I guess... :S
    Last edited by sarahfireworks; 2012-02-22 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently the only invisible item (besides from that cloak) that u can transmog is only available to DKs and is a belt Finding matching belts (or belts that are not gigantic) is a tad annoying. I'd love to have access to invisible belts for all armors >.<
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!