Poll: Which Race Do You Prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 27
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which Race and Why?

Surely there was one of these at some point in this sub-forum, but I can't find it and have been looking at the different races today.

Which race do you prefer and why?

Personally I like the Norn because they are like a combination of vikings and American Indians. Fearless, honorable, and one with the earth. Turning into animals is the icing on the cake.
    I like sandwiches

Charr female, and poss Sylvari... I will probably level 1 of each though!

Deleted
    I'm going to start with human since that's what I played in the original Guild Wars and will continue with!

Im thinking Char just like the look. may try Norn as well.

Asura. Snaf'said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on playing Norn, Human, and Sylvari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norn or Human, I don't like Charr or the little guys much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Race?

Charr.

Why?

That's rhetorical.

EDIT: Apparently some people can't take a joke.

I picked Charr because they are bestial from their looks (tiny details in the character creation screen) to their home city (The Black Citadel). They are militaristic, brutish, and overall are dripping with awesome. They are also unique to Guild Wars, unlike the other races. Yes they have Asurans and Sylvari, but Asurans didn't show up until disturbed in EotN, and Sylvari are the baby (new) race of GW2.

Also, they don't look like mutant furries unlike their fellow MMO counterpart, the Worgen. I'm glad the females do not have breasts or makeup, and that the males don't have to look as grizzled as I thought they did.
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2012-02-22 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added stuff.

If you're asking which is my favorite race, Charr. If you're asking which my main will be, Charr/human. One of each. Will be leveling two toons simultaneously (will likely only play one if ____ and play the other the rest of the time)
    Oh right, 'why'.
    I don't know, I just like their lore, and they look badass as all hell. I like the lore of the norn as well, and the asura, and the salads (like the lore of the asura and sylvari but not in an "I wanna play one!" kind of way) but even with liking other lores, the charr win hands down in the looks department for me. And looks are the most important part of everything ever!

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:...oncept_art.jpg
    Rox Ashreign says hello.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-02-22 at 08:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn people, can you not read even the title of the thread? Man just wants to know WHY you like said race.

For me, it's Charr all the way. I love their story and the militiristic nature of their society. That and I usually play the race that looks the least human since I see humans every day. I like reinforcing the fact it is a fantasy game. That and female Charr emotes make them adorable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Damn people, can you not read even the title of the thread? Man just wants to know WHY you like said race.

For me, it's Charr all the way. I love their story and the militiristic nature of their society. That and I usually play the race that looks the least human since I see humans every day. I like reinforcing the fact it is a fantasy game. That and female Charr emotes make them adorable to me.
    Calm down, I was typing!

Charr, because I like more bestial, animalistic races and the Roman Empire. That and Tengu aren't playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    As boring as they usually are, I am really liking the Humans in this game. They remind me a lot of Medieval Europe, and that is one of my favorite time periods. Also their backstories and overall lore fit a Guardian really well.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura, I just think their animations are pretty fluid. Whether it be combat, running or dodging... The way they carry their 2h weapons is simply badass imo Gonna be playing 4 classes max, 2 of them are gonna be Asura.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human. Sylvari was instantly out of my list since I hate elven type races and the plant getup just isn't my style. I like charr and their misotheist beliefs, but I hate their overly harsh "all work and no fun fail and die" attitude. Asuras... scrawny rat people with egos, nuff said. Norn was my second choice but I can't get over the male norn walking animation, it's so freaking durpy. Which leaves me with human. I like their animations, back story, city, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Asura. Snaf'said.
    I usually don't quote for truth but there's no point in repeating someone else's argument.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Im stuck between Sylvari and Asura both look good (they al look good imo)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Asura, I just think their animations are pretty fluid. Whether it be combat, running or dodging... The way they carry their 2h weapons is simply badass imo Gonna be playing 4 classes max, 2 of them are gonna be Asura.
    That was one of my main concerns with an Asura warrior. Asura will likely be my second because I love the the whole tiny race carrying huge weapons deal. I really want to try to actually have a single main character, but that is unlikely seeing how gear grinds will not be a factor to playing alts. If being a tall as a tree Norn gets me focused too much I may go Asura by necessity and start hacking off kneecaps.
    I like sandwiches

I like the Sylvari because they have a feminine appearance.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I like the Sylvari because they have a feminine appearance.
    Yeah, I think I like them because of that too.

And... plants!

Speaking of: http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....g%2B8oVmsgs%3D

^Peter Fries homepage, the artist from Guild Wars 2

:P