Poll: Which Race Do You Prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My first char will be a Charr. I was set on an Engineer, and the two that fit (lore-wise) was Char and Asura. I might make an Asura Warrior, wielding giant two-handed weapons.

Edit:
    And I went with Charr because they look like anthropomorphic cats on steroids having a very bad day. At least in the few pics I've seen of them. And you don't want to mess with someone in a bad temper with explosives and guns.
    Last edited by Dannoson; 2012-02-23 at 07:11 AM.

Here's my master plan*:

Charr: Warrior, Engineer
    Sylvari/Human (depending on armor): Thief, Elementalist
    Norn: Ranger, Guardian
    Asura: Necromancer, Mesmer

*master plan is subject to change

Human will be my first. They're bland, boring, generic, and above all the master race.

Sylvari are too slender, reminds me of elves, who I discriminate against.
    Asura are too short, they're comic relief.
    Charr are too furry and the generic "badass" that everyone wants to play.
    Norn are just big humans, they're alright, I'll probably consider rolling one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Asura are too short, they're comic relief.
    You seem to be confusing Asura and Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You seem to believe there's a fundamental difference between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this.

Asura are actually VERY different from gnomes. To wit: Their mouths are wide and filled with pointed, shark-like teeth.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You seem to believe there's a fundamental difference between the two.
    Well... there is. Just because they are both short it doesn't mean they have anything else in common. Are all tall races the same?

Well... there is. Just because they are both short it doesn't mean they have anything else in common. Are all tall races the same?
    Yes.

First law of MMOs my dear Mif.

Don't complain. Don't argue. Don't even respond. Just listen to this video and... live.

Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-23 at 07:49 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't decide... I know I want to play a Thief first... but I can't decide between Norn Female, Charr Male, Human Male or Asura Male... and haven't seen enough of Sylvari to know if I want to play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    I can't decide... I know I want to play a Thief first... but I can't decide between Norn Female, Charr Male, Human Male or Asura Male... and haven't seen enough of Sylvari to know if I want to play that.
    Charr!

We may seem rough around the edges and at times genocidal, but really all we want is a nice bowl of milk, a tummy scratch, sleeping next to a warm fire. You know, what any person would want.

Deleted
    Asura, because we are superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Don't be all high and mighty because someone wants to play the game a different way than you.
    I wasnt aware I was giving off the impression that I was trying to be all high and mighty. All I was referring to was the fact that this game is totally different from games like WoW where min/maxing can be extremely important. It just isnt in this game. All professions are available to all races not because some combos are better than others, but because Arenanet want you to be able to play as the class and race that YOU want to play, not what a theorycrafting website says. There has been no secrets about the idea that in this game, your ability to play, rather than the stats on your gear, will determine how good or bad a player you are.

I played WoW for 7 years. I know that the min/maxing concept can be quite good fun if you get it right, with slight changes making large differences to your dps. But this game is about keeping yourself and your party alive, no matter what profession you are playing. Its about execution rather than DPS meters. I for one am welcoming this new mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Indeed. Asura are superior in so many ways to the other races. They are such good appetizers.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-23 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Charr Engineer ofc.
    Iron Legion ftw!

Deleted
    Charr. :-)

Humans for RP purposes =)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    quoted for truth! Asura ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Asura dude Guardian - oh yea <(^_^)>, i LOVE small things with BIG hammers

my elementalist will prob be a female, but im not sure what race ... no charr tho .. i still see them as evil beings for what they did in GW1 +_+
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoa whoa whoa, what's with all the Asura hate going on in here.

All we're saying is that we are just much better at everything then you are, I'm sorry but that's just the simple truth.

If you do not agree I would like to quote a very wise man, named Les Grossman.

"We will massacre you! We will f**k you up!"

*Quote slightly altered to fit the plural of the Asura (master) race*
    Last edited by nalle; 2012-02-23 at 09:33 AM.

I myself... Well.. im not a roleplayer persay.. but, I have a set race for each class and so on, So i will see when game is in beta if i get in, Might go Asura Elementalist :P or somthing.