Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    >mfw people can't read properly and end up saying they received a confirmation for their beta access, which was never sent out in the first place

People need to learn how to read, really. It confused a lot of people.
    I 100% know that the email being sent out isn't confirmation for beta access. Maybe you should properly read what my concern was, as well.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    About an hour ago,
    Ah ok thank you. I didn't see that post ^^

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i forgot my /sarcasm tags
    Lol I figured it was sarcasm coming from you ^^ Still, I have 3 computers and I have 3 emails, may as well use em, eh? ^^

Deleted
    you asshole
    Now now, don't be such a kid and call others that, you can do the same

I promise, I have only signed up once! Not on several mails!

1 of my emails didn't get it either, but no biggy, I'll try it again later. My gmail got a email, so I don't think it hates gmail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I tell myself that every day. I'm also hoping that regardless of confirmation email, my email was registered anyway (as it says when I try to re-sign up). Hopefully without the confirmation email I'd still be notified if I got beta or not. That's my worry though: If it doesn't show up, will I know if I get into beta with that email or not?
    There was a "resend confirmation email" option on the site briefly, but it was taken down (I assume it's because people who did not get their confirmation 10 seconds after signing up kept flooding the resend option and clogging up an already clogged up system even more). They'll probably add this option back once things quiet down a bit. Also, if you're trying the scanner thingy again and it says your email is in use already, you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Gmail addresses seem to not be getting confirmation emails. Not even in the spam box.
    Ive gotten a confirmation already

Deleted
    I didn't see that. I've had my twitter and facebook open all day. Where did you see them say that they'll add that function? Not calling you out I just haven't seen it.
    It was there to begin with but for some reason has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    There was a "resend confirmation email" option on the site briefly, but it was taken down (I assume it's because people who did not get their confirmation 10 seconds after signing up kept flooding the resend option and clogging up an already clogged up system even more). They'll probably add this option back once things quiet down a bit. Also, if you're trying the scanner thingy again and it says your email is in use already, you're probably good.
    Probably. At least I waited 5 hours before posting here about it. lol Figured that if my loved ones got theirs within minutes I figured something was wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    It was there to begin with but for some reason has gone.
    Kisuro posted above you saying it was probably being flooded by impatient people who didn't get it within 10sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I 100% know that the email being sent out isn't confirmation for beta access. Maybe you should properly read what my concern was, as well.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 11:31 PM ----------

Ah ok thank you. I didn't see that post ^^

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 11:32 PM ----------

Lol I figured it was sarcasm coming from you ^^ Still, I have 3 computers and I have 3 emails, may as well use em, eh? ^^
    if you get 2 gief me one
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Now now, don't be such a kid and call others that, you can do the same

I promise, I have only signed up once! Not on several mails!
    He's all good. He and i have talked in other threads I knew he was kidding. :]

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 11:36 PM ----------

if you get 2 gief me one
    If I get two, and my girlfriend doesn't get hers, you get first dibs.

I am not saying I really care if you sign up three times, but I don't see how using email addresses that existed before you needed extra ones is any better than making new ones, you're still giving yourself more chances than other people >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I am not saying I really care if you sign up three times, but I don't see how using email addresses that existed before you needed extra ones is any better than making new ones, you're still giving yourself more chances than other people >_>
    Well if it makes you feel better they are all tied to separate GW1 accounts that I obtained legitimately and paid for. And like I said earlier I did it to ensure that if I do actually get it I'd have a chance at giving one to my brother or girlfriend if they don't get one. This isn't a new practice and I didn't go spamming sign ups for other emails (yahoo, hotmail, whatever else). I used the 3 that I had and not anymore.

Though I could have, I didn't. So yes I feel that that's better than what some (most?) people are doing to get a chance at beta. And again at this point, waiting 5 years for the sequel to my favorite MMO that I still play regularly to this day, I don't really care all that much if people frown or smile at my methods of getting a chance to see GW2 earlier than release day.

I signed up four times with four emails (all gmail) and got the confirmations straight away.

I still won't get my hopes up considering millions of others doing the same with multiple emails :P

Deleted
    I was more surpised when i tried to sign up someone had already used my email address =/ Used my gmail and no comfirmation guess i'll wait till the resend

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I signed up four times with four emails (all gmail) and got the confirmations straight away.

I still won't get my hopes up considering millions of others doing the same with multiple emails :P
    Same. Funny how some people who heard about the game Monday with the coverage are all "OMG THIS IS TOALLY A WOW KILLERZ I WAN PLAY" and will probably get 1 or several invites. Yet people like myself and the rest of the dedicated GW1 fans and players who waited YEARS for this game will probably not. Just the way the world works I guess.

Deleted
    It would be oh so hilarious if they simply banned anyone who submitted more than one email from the same IP from getting any chance at the beta.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Check the Guild Wars 2 Twitter. There will be a re-send activation button on the sign up page after the 48 hours is up which should clear everything up for us still waiting on confirmations. Looks to just be a server / software issue out at Anet.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    It would be oh so hilarious if they simply banned anyone who submitted more than one email from the same IP from getting any chance at the beta.
    Not going to happen. On GW2 Twitter a rep already said that multiple people can apply from the same IP address as long as the email addresses are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Yeah it'd be hilarious, alright. Again they are all legit emails I use every day as well as active Guild Wars account emails. I don't sympathize, however, with the people who spam them and made tons of emails. Even so, they wouldn't ban anyone they would just not invite them. Thanks for your insight thought.

Creating more e-mails won't get you anywhere. You actually send data to them and if you think you're only sending computer specs you're wrong.
    I'll bet you 10 to 1 that they have more than just an IP to find out which are from the same guy/girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Check the Guild Wars 2 Twitter. There will be a re-send activation button on the sign up page after the 48 hours is up which should clear everything up for us still waiting on confirmations. Looks to just be a server / software issue out at Anet.

Not going to happen. On GW2 Twitter a rep already said that multiple people can apply from the same IP address as long as the email addresses are valid.
    I've had the twitter open all day, I must have just missed that 2nd part of that post about the resend function. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post

Oh goody, I signed up with every email that I actively check.