Dungeon Defenders, a must try!

So basically i am outrageously addicted to the game Dungeon Defenders (http://store.steampowered.com/app/65..._7_suggest__13) at the moment, so i thought i would share it with the mmo-champion community, to try attract more people to the game.

Its a hack and slash tower defence RPG, it's really unique and really well made, it has alot of content updates and offers something to everyone, you can just be casual and have a laugh or you can go to the other extreme and go for achievements, soloing, group runs on Hardcore (once you die you're dead for the wave) survival.

It is honestly the best £9.99 i have spent in recent times...So if you guys are looking for a fun game to play while not playing WoW, This is the one to go for.
    I hope some more people take the game up to increase the already growing community, its had 1million downloads so far, so go on guys give it a try.

If you're not wanting to buy straight away there is a demo! (http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/) if you don't want to spend money without trying.

P.S -If this counts as advertising or what ever i'm sorry, i just would love to get more people playing a game i have literally fallen in love with -

I actually wasn't as fond with Dungeon Defenders as I was with, say, Orcs Must Die! (comparing the only other game I know of in the genre). I've heard from a couple friends that it isn't really a game to play by yourself, whereas Orcs Must Die! obviously is, so that might be a good part of why I didn't enjoy it as much.

I'll concede that played multiplayer it's probably a lot more fun.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Oh it is Max level (now 74) is just so fun and actually hard, Playing Nightmare challenges is a real challenge and you need 4 decent people to make it work

Quote Originally Posted by Daos View Post
    I actually wasn't as fond with Dungeon Defenders as I was with, say, Orcs Must Die! (comparing the only other game I know of in the genre). I've heard from a couple friends that it isn't really a game to play by yourself, whereas Orcs Must Die! obviously is, so that might be a good part of why I didn't enjoy it as much.

I'll concede that played multiplayer it's probably a lot more fun.
    I agree with this. I don't have friends readily available to play Dungeon Defenders, so it's not that interesting to me. Orcs Must Die! on the other hand, is amazing, even when it's single player. ...didn't mean to make this about Orcs Must Die!, but you've simply got to at least try it. I wasn't into Tower Defense, but I feel in love with this game. I'll probably give Dungeon Defenders a go later, since it is (seemingly) always on sale for $2.50 or something stupidly low.

Am intrigued about orcs must die now, must look!

I for one always loved TD games so i guess DD is just more for me

Deleted
    Dungeon defenders is a very good game, however at least early on it was clearly tuned to 4 players. Also with no roll system on gear it discouraged me from trying to play with randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I agree 100% I just purchased this from steam Last Night!! Freaken SOOO fun!!! (im an avid wow player, and this game is a super fun off time!)

Well Dungeon Defenders and Orcs Must Die! are similar games, in that they're both Action RPG + Tower Defense. So if you like DD there's a decent chance you'd like OMD as well.

I'm also typically not a fan of tower defense games, which is why I usually went into a more "I kill more things than my traps" build in OMD. If the same is possible in DD, then I could probably find enjoyment there as well. I will admit, though, that it's a "squeal of delight" level of enjoyment to have the perfect setup of traps where nothing can pass.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got 66 hours on it, stopped playing it due to the many updates, my internet connection couldn't keep up with all the content. XD Capped at 100GB/Month, I try to save as much as possible as I always reach the cap =(

But yes, the game is great, lots of sexy free content, loved it when I played it

*snip*

Don't promote piracy. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-23 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got both Dungeon Defenders and Orcs must die! And honestly, I prefer Orcs must die! It's simply more fun, however it's sadly only singleplayer So if you wanna play with buddies you kinda have to go with Dungeon Defenders. It's a good game as well but the camera in it seriously annoys me... If you zoom in it's kinda hard to see what's happening around you, if you zoom out you get almost a top-down view, meaning you can barely see what's ahead of you... Why didn't they just make it so you can position the camera yourself? It makes me rage every time I play it.

I enjoyed the first few hours, but I got bored of it quite quickly tbh.

Deleted
    I bought DD when it was released. DD was a really cool game and I had a blast with it, to bad the Devs turned it into a huge grindfest since 7.10 patch.

Deleted
    Dungeon Defenders is a pretty cool game, but as said, nothing to play solo, because it get's boring pretty fast if you're not playing with your friends, in my opinion. The game works, but it's pretty meh.

Orcs Must Die! is a single player game, and it's hell fun to play alone, but everyone begs for a multiplayer DLC.

If Orcs Must Die! got a multiplayer DLC it would actually (In my opinion, again) kick Dungeon Defenders butt

The game is 50% off on Steam right now: $7.50

Thinking about pulling the trigger... anyone else have thoughts on the multiplayer?

I got 1 char at 76, 1 at 75, 1 on 74, and another at 72.
    Max level is currently 78.
    75 -> 76 takes 38 mil mana,
    76 -> 77 takes 51 mil mana,
    It gets really steep.

The multiplayer in dungeon defenders is quite bad since there isn't really a great lot of cooperation, you have 1 character build the towers, and the other 3 simply leech or DPS mobs (in some levels that's a requirement, in some, it's just leeching)
    You also practically NEED the DLC to be able to get any good gear from nightmare mode.
    Problem is, you need uber gear to get uber gear - which means leeching off good players who obviously don't enjoy feeding you free stuff. You "can" join players who own the DLC, so you can still play nightmare mode, even if you don't have the DLC, so you can still get the stuff.

It's a good game for a couple hours, but you'll get quite tired of the grind grind grind grind for xp and items.
    Don't pay too much for it, and dont bother with the DLC, just leech off others as you are intended to :P
    And quit after a week or two.

It's definitely NOT a soloable game.
    Unless you love grinding and raising 4 different characters to get the most out of it all.
    You'll want to hook up with a friendly high level to get your achievements done.

Multiplayer is based on the connection speed of the host, which means - horrible lag at times.
    And crashes related to that lag.

And then, there are the constant crashed, unbalanced pvp, horrible level designs (sky of love is absolutely hateful and the presidential royale is so broken youll want to stab something), steep XP ramp past 70 (but again, leech away), and steep mob wave increase when you try multiplayer.

If you do survival mode, you'll be looking at 20-30 minutes "PER WAVE" once you get past a certain level. But if you do the same level with 4 players, you're looking at 40-60 minutes PER WAVE instead, due to increased monster spawn.. Really, it boggles the mind. ZZZZZ Afk and hope your towers last long enough to clear the wave.

This isn't really a game worth paying too much for, most levels are afk farming and grind grind grind. Commonly I just load MMOC or kongregate in a splitscreen while monitoring DD in the background - thank god the sound auto disables if you alt tab.
    If you still want to get the game,. just get the game as it isn't too expensive on it's own - but do not waste your cash on any of the DLCs, it's just not worth it.
    It's more fun than the 2-3 beers you might otherwise buy with the money, but don't expect too much. It's not diablo 3 :P
    Last edited by bbr; 2012-03-18 at 10:26 PM.