Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I've actually had some bad (wierd?) experience with NCsoft, so this is probably my biggest concern too.

I was playing Aion when it came out, however I quit a couple of months in for various reasons. This was October something 2009, but I remember getting an e-mail July 2012 (9 months later) telling me that my NCsoft master account was under investigation and later got another e-mail telling me that my account would be permanently banned unless I proved my identity or something. At that time I let it past me, probably because Aion was one of the least things on my mind...

Really hope that this won't cause me any trouble with GW2...

Quote Originally Posted by Latios View Post
    I've actually had some bad (wierd?) experience with NCsoft, so this is probably my biggest concern too.

I was playing Aion when it came out, however I quit a couple of months in for various reasons. This was October something 2009, but I remember getting an e-mail July 2012 (9 months later) telling me that my NCsoft master account was under investigation and later got another e-mail telling me that my account would be permanently banned unless I proved my identity or something. At that time I let it past me, probably because Aion was one of the least things on my mind...

I've gotten that same exact email and I've never even thought about playing Aion, you were probably just receiving scam emails. I know the ones I got was a scam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I've gotten that same exact email and I've never even thought about playing Aion, you were probably just receiving scam emails. I know the ones I got was a scam.
    Yeah, that's what I first thought too. However, when I started hyping about GW2 I tried to still my hunger by testing the free GW trial. When I tried to log into the NCsoft master account I first had to verify it, which I did by e-mail as I forgot my secret answers (ofcourse!), but then it just said that my account was permanently blocked.

Really think I'm fine though, as I easily could create a new account and test the game out. Worst case scenario I'll have to directly contact support or change my IP. Just hoping that I'll be able to avoid these misfortunes during my GW2 adventure!

My experiences with NCsoft have been great with support.

Can't get worse than SWTOR.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    MMO's NEED excellent customer support considering the amount of time and money people put into these things. I think that's why it's a priority for Blizzard Entertainment.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Latios View Post

LOL, that's just a scam email, happens with WoW all the time. ^^

Deleted
    I actually got a good experience with NCsoft (or was it ArenaNet?) to get back my account. I got a message back the same day (6h or something?) and then over a period of 3-4 days since I was bad at answering quick I had my account back that I had lost 4 years ago. I didn't know the E-mail, character name nor the password.
    So I'm happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Never ran into problems when subbing to Aion
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Can't get worse than SWTOR.
    If it does..It will probably snap something in my brain that will cause me to become a vegetable.

I honestly can't imagine a game launching that badly in the near future. Unlike Bioware/EA, Anet isn't here to make a quick buck, they actually play their games and care about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    I can't wait for this game! With Beta being announced it gets me really excited, BUT there's one major issue for me. This game is being published by NC Soft right? Will they have anything to do with log-in/account management? Because their customer service is GOD-AWFUL! THEE WORST! I do not want to deal with them ever again!
    NcSoft EU will handle EU-support, so hopefully you dont live here then =)

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest concern would be that Ill grow overly tired of the Downed State in pvp. But we'll see how it goes
    (and if thats my biggest concern.. well... gj ArenaNet!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    NcSoft EU will handle EU-support, so hopefully you dont live here then =)
    and NCWest will handle support in America probably, which doesn't matter at all since the ceo of NCWest is one of the founders of Arenanet iirc.

Support should be fine, I just hope they make authenticator apps
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    My biggest concern would be that Ill grow overly tired of the Downed State in pvp. But we'll see how it goes
    (and if thats my biggest concern.. well... gj ArenaNet!)
    Oh god..did you play Brink? It's an FPS but they had a "downed state" in that game and you couldn't avoid it. EVERY time your health hit 0 you would fall down and have to sit there like a jackass waiting for someone to rez you or bleed out.

It was soooooooooo stupid.

I haven't read much about the downed state in GW2 but I assume there will be some kind of penalty for going down. Maybe a debuff that won't let you fall down for another 30 seconds after you fall the first time or something.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Oh god..did you play Brink? It's an FPS but they had a "downed state" in that game and you couldn't avoid it. EVERY time your health hit 0 you would fall down and have to sit there like a jackass waiting for someone to rez you or bleed out.

I haven't read much about the downed state in GW2 but I assume there will be some kind of penalty for going down. Maybe a debuff that won't let you fall down for another 30 seconds after you fall the first time or something.
    There is a penalty yes, the more you get downed, the faster your down bar goes down until the point you won't get downed but just die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post

From what I understand, if there is no one near you to res you, and no enemies to kill (and thus get up again), theres a self heal.
    Also, the more you get into the Downed State the faster you'll eventually die. (the debuff you were talking about)

I can't say I had any problems with NCSoft and I've played Aion for nearly 2 years.
    I do however not at all like their account system but that's personal preference, not a flaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I actually got a good experience with NCsoft (or was it ArenaNet?) to get back my account. I got a message back the same day (6h or something?) and then over a period of 3-4 days since I was bad at answering quick I had my account back that I had lost 4 years ago. I didn't know the E-mail, character name nor the password.
    So I'm happy
    I had the exact same happen with my Guild Wars account, and NCSoft reinstating it within a couple of days. However I've also had some bad experience with Aion. I guess it can go either way but for me this isn't really a big concern. I think they understand the importance of good costumer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I've never had any issues with NCsoft customer service personally. Your mileage may vary.
    This.. In fact I contacted them the other day to link a WAY old GW account with my NCsoft Master Account. Very pleasant, quick service. I don't think you need to worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Would you actually be dealing with NCsoft though? Wouldn't it be Arenanet that would be handling everything, and NCsoft is just kind of there...like a sponsor?
    Wish that were the case. In order to get my Guild Wars 1 account back I had to go through NCSoft's Guild Wars Support team. They weren't ArenaNet, they were NCSoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Was plain horrible on Aion. Pretty much non existent. I watched many videos of the game is looks promising and i want to give it a try but NCSoft name scares me at least.

Graphics design etc seem all nice and fun but all the backpedaling i see on videos with the clumsy animations makes me wonder if combat will be bad.

I do feel it will be better then Swtor in any case from the videos i have seen.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-02-23 at 01:07 PM.