Leveling a new lock

So I just started to level a second warlock as I want to play in our alt RBG team at lower MMR with my main class, but I havent played at low lvl as lock in cata yet.

What do you think the best spec is? I levled as demo 10-27 just dotting up stuff letting the felguard cleave shit down, but would destro be better with conflag 1 shot?

I don't wanna do instances, just quests.

Deleted
    If you want it to go fast I would say affliction for dot'n'run, if you want to have a fun time levling i would say destro.

Does UA/Corruption do significant damage at low lvl (27-40)?

If so I could do that.

Deleted
    or demonology for strong pet, throw couple dots, let pet finish them. All specs are fine for levelling :P

Deleted
    Yes all specs are fine. I have always prefared Affliction. However, affliction is really only effective wile your gear is good enough to kill mobs with pure dots without having to re-apply. In higher levels (80-85) it might be better to run demonology due to the mobs hitting so hard that it makes chainpulling impossible.

Deleted
    affliction would be your choice then. as already said: dot'n run. the dmg of UA/corruption is really enough. when you get soul swap, you'll kill things even faster. only annoying thing is looting all the mobs afterwards^^
    in addition you're also healed a lot as affli. i think i only died maybe about 10 times while leveling

10+ Year Old Account
    I just leveled a warlock recently, They aren't fun at all low level and really frustrating in pvp. Go Affliction low level then Destruction 69+ or Demo

Deleted
    All 3 are fine for leveling, slightly different playstyle but all viable. Like others have said, if you level as affliction, just put UA/corr and Agony (when fully heirloomed most quest mobs will die from just the first 2 DoTs) on everything you see, find a new target, DoT that one up too while your previous DoTs slowly kill the previous mobs, the healing from your DoTs is enough to keep you alive against several mobs. As Demo, tag mobs with Corr/Immolate or Agony then let your pet finish them off, or you can AoE them down with hellfire/felstorm while the pet tanks the mobs. Destro is the "burst" spec so you're probably gonna kill mobs one by one instead of relying on your DoTs. Immolate -> Conflagrate then finish off with a couple of searing pain/incinerate.

If you have mana problems and dont have heirloom trinkets with int, then demo is definetly the way to go because of "Mana Feed" talent.

I leveled my lock as affliction without using a pet or heirloom gear. It was a fun and smooth leveling process.

I'm in full heirlooms with my warlock right now, and have recently tried all three specs for leveling (currently 71). I was Affliction and Destruction pretty much full time until last night - I finally went Demonology.*

Wow. All I can really say is, if you're doing any amount of questing at all, Demonology is my favorite thus far. Affliction and Destruction still *seem* to take much longer to kill, and you're a lot more vulnerable with Felhunter and Imp compared to Felguard. With every mob I encounter while questing...

Immolate
    Felguard charges
    Hand of Guldan
    Mob dies before I can even get a Shadow Bolt off

As others have said, the other specs are ok for leveling as well, but I personally am finding Demonology the easiest of the three now that I have some levels under my belt.*

Good luck man!

What about siphon life/felgaurd spec? Doh cataclysm! (but seriously that was so easy to level)
    Hi Sephurik

After thinking about this for a couple of minutes, I remember that i leveled up my lock in sl/sl spec, in early tbc. Back then it was all about mana management. To minimize you down time it was needed to take that drain soul talent that was giving mana back if you cast this spell a second before mob dies. There were some other tricks too, but i cannot remember them now. I think in wotlk, you could have taken VW talents and glyphs and make this demon super strong so you could solo those group quests that were at the end of every quest chain or from wanted posters.

Myself I leveled my warlock in the "Dot'nRun" style.
    I managed 85 in a week of casual playing, I like it more than destro and demo.
    My strategy of killing stuff was basically Dot's then let fellpuppy kill them.
    Loot quest was a bitch.
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

I personally am sticking with demo, but all specs are useful while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Like others have said, affliction is really fast. Assuming you have a full loom set that is.

Just DoT up everything with UA & Corruption and use free GCD's for bane of agony.
    I reached lvl 30 in 8 hours with only 72 quests done, so i'd say its pretty fast.