Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Hum the Angels lose to the O's in a pretty boring game and the Astro's own the Dodgers tonight not a fun day to listen to sports media in LA tomorrow.
    The Kings won their series and the Lakers had a huge comeback win against the Thunder to all but lock up the three seed in the West. I think the LA media will be just fine. They aren't Boston where game 11 of 162 is treated a s ado or die situation and every loss is the end of the universe, everyone should be fired, sell the team, blahblahblah.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Kings won their series and the Lakers had a huge comeback win against the Thunder to all but lock up the three seed in the West. I think the LA media will be just fine. They aren't Boston where game 11 of 162 is treated a s ado or die situation and every loss is the end of the universe, everyone should be fired, sell the team, blahblahblah.
    the LA media will be all over Ron Artest's elbow to the head of James Harden, I wouldn't worry too much for the Angels and Dodgers.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

To be fair it's a bad situation, in Boston (5x multiplier) with arguably one of only two people in baseball who can make a bad situation worse - Bobby V (10x multiplier) - so that's pretty much the end of the world in Beantown! (Other person would be Buck Showalter) The situation up there will work itself out, but you just know if they fail the way they did last year this will be brought up time after time that the start of the season sucked, what's interesting though is the number of people blaming Theo right now, yeah he's signed those guys on big contracts, but it's not his fault they either got injured or didn't come through for them.

Reason that shit's not happening in LA is cos they just too much in that "jesus would you look at those crazy fucks on the East coast, must be all that crazy weather shit they get outside of LA!"
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason that nobody cares as much in L.A. period is because they have a millions things to do in L.A. What do you do in Boston besides eating Chowwwder. I'm not really thinking that but I bet L.A. does with its 70 and 80 degree beaches in the winter and the million nite clubs.

then what's the thinkin behind it in New York where there's a ton of stuff to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that people from L.A. think New York is cold and cramped and plays games to early in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that people from L.A. think New York is cold and cramped and plays games to early in the day.
    I don't know if its cramped, but I bet its cold and they sure do play early, what a bunch of weirdos

the Kings cheered me up more than the recent weather out here, that much is certain

Good win for the Yankees last night against a very tough Texas side, kinda shows that we're not in bad shape but what about Jeter to start the year another good night for him last night & he's hitting the ball well considering he couldn't have hit water if he fell out a boat this time last year! Holland was pretty unlucky though, just got a little bogged down & got tagged for a 3 run homer cos Arod knew what was coming, tell you what though it was hillarious watching Hamilton's bat toss then sending one over the fence with the new bat! GTFO bat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Derek Jeter is playing like he is 25 again I bet most people didn't think he was going to be putting up the numbers he has so far I think he is like 600 against leftys.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I swear Darvish gets a little better every game. I got to be at this one, so exciting was also at yesterdays... not quite as exciting but still a party as it always is at the BPiA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the point of being a Yankees fan is?
    Either you win the World Series because you pretty much paid for it or your team embarrasses itself for accomplishing nothing for how much it pays. Where's the benefit?
    It's the same as a Laker fan,Patriot fan, Red Wing fan,and Man U. They all expect to win the championship or the season isn't worth it at the same time there's a lot of fan base that would just like to get to the playoffs. In the last 30 year's Baseball has more different winners then the NFL and NBA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Wow I swear Darvish gets a little better every game. I got to be at this one, so exciting was also at yesterdays... not quite as exciting but still a party as it always is at the BPiA.
    Ya he has really picked it up from his first start. I was completely ready to start calling him the next Daisuke after his first start and change but he was damn impressive yesterday.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 09:26 AM ----------

Derek Jeter is playing like he is 25 again I bet most people didn't think he was going to be putting up the numbers he has so far I think he is like 600 against leftys.
    He must have went to Germany like Kobe and A-Rod and got that blood spinning treatment.

He's been hitting well since he came back from his DL stint last year, apparently accredits the improvement to a minor league hitting coach but his start to the year is something else, he's hitting the ball with authority unlike last year where he was grounding out more than he was rounding first, whatever he's doing he should keep doing it, he's not gonna finish .400 but i think it'll be his best year for a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    He's been hitting well since he came back from his DL stint last year, apparently accredits the improvement to a minor league hitting coach but his start to the year is something else, he's hitting the ball with authority unlike last year where he was grounding out more than he was rounding first, whatever he's doing he should keep doing it, he's not gonna finish .400 but i think it'll be his best year for a while.
    I was thoroughly on the "why the hell did they give that contract to Jeter" bandwagon last year. Grats to him on playing like his old self again. Got to love early season baseball. Everyone but Boston is tied at 10-7 in the East. Tigers and Sox are 10-7 in the Central but technically trail the Indians for first by percentage points. Kansas City, the sexy pick to finally stop sucking and maybe be decent, has completely sucked and in no way looked decent in securing the worst record in baseball by a fair margin so far this season. The Angels are 2 back of the Athletics in the West, a team paying their entire team, minus Cespedes, roughly the same amount the Angels are paying Pujols. Plus the Angels are 7.5 back of the Rangers already. Early season is early, but that is a big hole lol.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    I blame Minka Kelly.. his batting average went up after they broke up.. coincidence? I think not.. ;-)

15+ Year Old Account
    So that whole Montero for Pineda trade didn't really work out this season. Pineda is done for the year and needs shoulder surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    My A's beat the White Sox which I'm surprised since the Sox are pretty decent and the A's suck this year oh well. Cespedes tied the game with a two run HR he's been worth the money so far hopefully A's will roll the dice and get some bigger names but I bet they won't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rangers win the game and series against the Yanks.

And Hughes did his usual "lets trot out there, screw about for a bit & get pulled after 2-3 innings"

As for Pineda, as much as Cashman will insist they got a healthy pitcher i cant help but get the feeling he's saying that to save face in the Yankees medical team, Pineda showed up at spring training out of shape - a sign that he wasn't able to work out properly over the offseason. That injury existed before he showed up in Tampa & he knows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the point of being a Yankees fan is?
    Either you win the World Series because you pretty much paid for it or your team embarrasses itself for accomplishing nothing for how much it pays. Where's the benefit?
    I was born in New York, so I will represent my home team and no other. How silly would it be, me supporting the Texas Rangers or Atlanta Braves as a native New Yorker?
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon