Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzik87 View Post
    No one cares. Its baseball. College Basketball is KING. GO WILDCATS!
    No point in posting about basketball in a baseball forum if you want to talk about how awesome your wildcats are doing I would suggest this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ege-basketball

Morales' injury was just one of those things that can happen to anyone any time, but similar style i get the feeling, several reports saying the docs have told Joba he could be back by July though, but i'd doubt that somehow.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

AL West: Rangers
    AL East: Rays

NL East: Phillies
    NL Central: Cardinals
    NL West: Diamondbacks

WC AL: Angels
    WC #2 AL: Yankees
    WC NL: Giants
    WC #2 NL: Braves

Phillies Vs. Cardinals in NLCS

Rangers Vs. Rays in ALCS.

Rays over Cards for the Series

So... Justin Morneau had two homers today off the Ray's Hellickson. That's huge for a guy some were speculating might have to retire.

I want to see him and Hamilton in a HR derby rematch some day.

10+ Year Old Account
    jays look rather good this spring, hopefully they can turn it over into the season. cant wait till the season gets underway

ANYONE can have a few good hits in one outing. We'll see if he pulls his weight in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Teru View Post
    ANYONE can have a few good hits in one outing. We'll see if he pulls his weight in the regular season.
    Yup, problem with spring training. And Morneau has been pretty useless up until today.

To be fair Spring Training's a weird one - half the players seem to "get it" and swing the bat well then you get guys who stink their way through it and tear up the regular season, you hope Morneau can get over the concussion type stuff he's been dealing with though.

I think the Jays are severly underrated and could definitely turn some heads this year. If Arencibia and Lawrie keep improving the offence could be really scary. The starting pitching doesn't quite stack up with the other teams in the division, but it's not as far off as some people think. Romero is lights out, and Morrow/Cecil can be expected to have better seasons. Henderson Alvarez looks like an extremely solid prospect and could definitely catch people by surprise this year. The bullpen will no doubt improve with Santos/Cordero, but that's not necessarily saying much. Anyways, don't know if they'll make the 2nd wild card spot or not, but I wouldn't doubt for a second that they would in any other division.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=391723 can't wait for this kid to make the big club... and what he did was pretty epic.

AL Central - Tigers, 95 wins, by 13 games
    AL East - Yankees, 92 wins, by 2 games
    AL West - Angels, 97 wins, by 4 games

NL Central - Cardinals, 91 wins, by 2 games
    NL East - Phillies, 93 wins, by 4 games
    NL West - Giants, 90 wins, by 3 games

AL Wild Cards - Rays, Rangers
    NL Wild Cards - Diamondbacks, Brewers

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find the Boston pitching staff ridiculously hilarious? They go from Chicken and Beer last year to having a rotation that is taped together to even reach five guys (they converted their should be closer to the fifth starter). Their big free agent closer signing, since they let Paps go, is the oft injured Andrew Bailey who is already hurt and out "awhile" with a mysterious thumb injury likely requiring surgery. I love watching Boston fail.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree conscript Boston is a mess and now that the Rays have been doing good the last few years and the Jays are doing decent and of course the Yanks are going to be there I don't see them having a good year at all. Red Sox in 4th place in there division at the end of the year that is my prediction.

Couldn't happen to a nicer cunt in Bobby V could it! Yankees have our own injury problems but when you have 6 starters with a 7th on the way you can afford to let a guy go on the DL to start the year!

AL West: Rangers
    AL East: Rays

NL East: Phillies
    NL Central: Cardinals
    NL West: Diamondbacks

WC AL: Angels
    WC #2 AL: Yankees
    WC NL: Giants
    WC #2 NL: Braves

Phillies Vs. Cardinals in NLCS

Rangers Vs. Rays in ALCS.

Rangers over Phillies for the Series

AL- (really going out on a limb here I know )

East: Yanks
    Central: Le Tigres
    West: Texas
    WC1: Angels
    WC2: Rays

NL-

East: Braves (My homer pick)
    Central: Cards
    West: D'Backs
    WC1: Phillies
    WC2: In an upset the Rockies!

AL Wild Card winner= Angels
    NL Wild Card winner= Phillies

Angles over Yankees, Tigers over Texas

Angels to World Series for AL.

Phillies over D'Backs, Braves over Cards

D'Backs to world series for NL.

Angels over D'Backs in the World series.

No way I'm predicting the awards and stuff. We need an MMO-C fantasy league next year!

Quote Originally Posted by grandpapeckinpah View Post

No way I'm predicting the awards and stuff. We need an MMO-C fantasy league next year!
    I'm going to say Miguel Cabrera for AL MVP. He's going to be more dangerous than ever with Fielder hitting behind him.

Verlander will repeat, winning the Cy Young again.

I can't guess about the NL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay its openingish day! I say openingish because two teams already played two games that counted last week and there is all of one game tonight while half the teams in the league play scrimmage games (the Tigers played their AAA affiliate today) and the other half played spring games. I don't remember the schedule being this completely fucked up last year. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to space out games like this? The Marlins stadium is fucking awesome though, outside of that abysmal statue and the very stupid aquarium behind the plate. Might be one of my favorite stadiums now along with PNC Park in Pittsburgh and Kauffman in Kansas City (or whatever corporate name they are about to give that stadium).

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I say openingish because two teams already played two games that counted last week and there is all of one game tonight while half the teams in the league play scrimmage games (the Tigers played their AAA affiliate today) and the other half played spring games.
    Heh. The Twins played their A+ affiliate today and almost lost (squeaked out an 8-7 victory). The O's played a community college yesterday... and lost (granted, the college was using O's pitchers... but still...).

Yeah, I don't remember the start of a season ever being so strange. Always seemed like most teams started off the season on the same day.