Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Houston in the AL West will have the worst record in the MLB

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a very hardcore Braves fan, but I am in no way biased towards them, I don't think we will win a Championship this year but I definitely think we will make some noise and bounce back into the playoffs after that terrible terrible collapse in September. I see them being a Wild Card, most likely knocked out in the second series. Young team getting better gonna be extremely good in a few years if we keep that bull-pen and some of the Minor League pitchers we have continue to improve.

Why do people keep saying Houston + AL West.. isn't that a year from now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Why do people keep saying Houston + AL West.. isn't that a year from now?

lol, i just double checked.. the story i was reading says 2012.. lol..misprint

Bobby Valentine been very critical of Derek Jeter & Alex Rodriguez - not that i had much time for the master of disguise Bobby V anyway, but lets face facts here, he got crushed by the Yankees in 2000 in the World Series 4-1 with a certain Derek Jeter being named MVP in that series, one thinks he could have chosen his words a little more wisely! Between slagging off Yankees players & playing the Red Sox PR department in banning alcohol from the clubhouse (since we all know beer & chicken wings cost the Red Sox the wildcard) it's been a somewhat predictable start to the Valentine regime!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Bobby Valentine been very critical of Derek Jeter & Alex Rodriguez - not that i had much time for the master of disguise Bobby V anyway, but lets face facts here, he got crushed by the Yankees in 2000 in the World Series 4-1 with a certain Derek Jeter being named MVP in that series, one thinks he could have chosen his words a little more wisely! Between slagging off Yankees players & playing the Red Sox PR department in banning alcohol from the clubhouse (since we all know beer & chicken wings cost the Red Sox the wildcard) it's been a somewhat predictable start to the Valentine regime!
    Maybe it'll add some juice to the greatest rivalry in all of sports.

people saying the cards lose in 3 games in a 5 game series in the nlds.....LOL right? carpenter and wainwright are good for 2 wins alone.....come on now

Which team is Goro Shigeno in??? Gyroball to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Maybe it'll add some juice to the greatest rivalry in all of sports.
    overated and most annoying in sports

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    people saying the cards lose in 3 games in a 5 game series in the nlds.....LOL right? carpenter and wainwright are good for 2 wins alone.....come on now
    this man speaks truth
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Pitching for the Pirates just took a slight turn for the worse, AJ Burnett bunted a ball into his eye & requires surgery - he really does have no luck at all!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Pitching for the Pirates just took a slight turn for the better, AJ Burnett bunted a ball into his eye & requires surgery - he really does have no luck at all!
    Fixed that for you. The Pirates have to have some prospect somewhere in their farm better than him.

Predictions:
    Jacob Turner will win AL Rookie of the Year (assuming he is eligible
    The Kansas City Royals will fail to live up to the hype of them not sucking
    The Pirates will again show flashes of not being terrible, before again being terrible
    At some point there will be a revolt by one of the guys that caused problems last year in Boston, my money is on Beckett, who will be dealt when he starts complaining about Bobby Valentine in the media.
    Al Division winners: New York, Detroit, Los Angeles
    Al Wild Card: Boston
    NL Division winners: Philly, Chicago*, Colorado
    NL Wild Card: Atlanta

*: I expect St Louis to regress slightly after losing Pujols and LaRussa. I expect that the MLB will sue to reinstate Ryan Braun's suspension and that they will win the suit as procedure was followed and the samples absolutely tested positive.

Nah AJ still has some good stuff, it's just a case of his head staying out of the picture (well, litterally these days i guess) and letting his mechanics speak for themselves, when he's on form he has NASTY stuff, his problem with the Yankees were all from the neck up - unfortunately it appears his Pirates career seems to have taken the same turn!

15+ Year Old Account
    The MLB announced they are adding the second Wild Card spot to this season. Can't wait to see how that is going to work out. Should make the end of the year more interesting for more teams.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe baseball is starting soon. Winter seemed so short this year.

That may be because of epic lack of below 0 weather we've had for most of the winter

Can someone explain to me what the point of being a Yankees fan is?
    Either you win the World Series because you pretty much paid for it or your team embarrasses itself for accomplishing nothing for how much it pays. Where's the benefit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Either you win the World Series because you pretty much paid for it or your team embarrasses itself for accomplishing nothing for how much it pays. Where's the benefit?
    A lot of that is the media. 30 teams and only one can win. That's kinda like saying the other 29 teams wasted all that money and time if they don't win as well. Yankee's have their fans and I can't fault anyone for supporting their team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    That is the best part of baseball, parity. You may not get much parity in division winners or wild cards, but the playoffs are filled with it every single year. You can only expect to put yourself in the best position possible to win a World Series by spending that much money. You can't honestly expect to win it when there are so many years where teams like the Rays or Marlins win it paying teams less than A-Rod makes in one season.

Better question is why would anyone be a Pirates fan when they haven't had a winning season in 20 something years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sox, always Sox.

Fingers crossed the Rangers actually finish the deal this year. Blue Jays look pretty promising this year too, especially the farm team.
    I remember it all too well