Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    they're pretty scary, and they still have an extra bat they need to sort out in Morse so they could add even more if Seattle is still hurting for hitters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    they're pretty scary, and they still have an extra bat they need to sort out in Morse so they could add even more if Seattle is still hurting for hitters
    I can't even begin to imagine a world where Felix became a Nat. Like seriously. That is like the Oklahoma City Thunder building plan of sucking and stockpiling game changing talent and then becoming incredible method times like forty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felix is two years away from free agency

MUAHAHAHAHA

The Nats are going to be a force to be reckoned with - good young talent & they could easily acquire 2 or 3 "more" pieces if they chose to trade Morse, good for business too as they're "fashionable" so people are more likely to get to the ballpark, if all their pieces fall into place they're dangerous to everyone in the NL, especially now they have a little more experience!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stan Musial dead =(

Yeah read about that this morning, pretty sad day for the Cardinals & for baseball on the whole, classy gentleman who turned up & did his job day in day out!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Earl Weaver died too, sad day for baseball history fans
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Delmon Young signs with the Phillies.. with $600k in weight-related incentive bonuses... rofl.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Felix is two years away from free agency

MUAHAHAHAHA
    I have been saying that King Felix is the best pitcher for the last 3-4 years he just plays in a market where nobody cares about baseball or at least it seems that way.

I didn't get the point in Delmon Young signing for the Phillies, that guy can't play the field when he does he's a bigger liability in the field than his bat will make up & at 27 years of age it's shocking just how poor his movement is!

Felix Hernandez is gonna get paid in 2 years if he doesn't sign an extension in Seattle & he's gonna get paid BIG, no way Seattle can compete with that.

Scott Hairston going to the Cubbies for 2 - the Yankees still need a righty bat for the outfield, any longer and Cashman's gonna phone me up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Braves got both Uptons, I like it

15+ Year Old Account
    Braves got both Uptons, I like it
    Haven't looked at who the prospects they gave up are aside from Prado who is essentially a one year rental for the Backs, but man that Atlanta outfield is good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised no one mentioned the new "Balco" crisis going on. Apparently notable players have been getting drugs from a guy in Florida who has provided all the evidence against his customers. Among the group of guys is every single person suspended for a positive test last year and Alex Rodriguez! The Yankees are looking at ways to void A-Rods contract currently. This is the first time I have ever wished good for the Yankees probably ever.

Yeah saw it flash up on a few groups earlier, MLB can hammer Rodriguez with a 50 game suspension without him testing positive if the evidence against him is strong enough to suggest he was using, by the sounds of it the league are looking into it with that action in mind, which you have to believe would put the Yankees in the sort of position whereby they can void his contract this time. Clearly it's a very damaging news story for Rodriguez, couldn't really have been timed any worse because lets face it, the guy was already widely hated anyway but if it turns out he's been using things he shouldn't have been, he's dead & buried.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...m_campaign=mlb

Also this video was brilliant, I almost wanted to stand up in a bible belt methodist fashion & scream "PREACH BROTHER, TESTIFY, TES-TI-FYYYY!"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ording-sources

10+ Year Old Account
    its just another witch hunt now

wake me up after the MLB investigation

Does it matter though? As Conscript said most of the guys on the list have already been suspended. As for Alex if he was using it it certainly didn't help him the last couple of years by looking at his stats. At age 37 he will retire shortly anyways. Only thing left is for the Baseball writers to determine if he's HOF material. I wouldn't be totally surprised if he did do drugs for his career. It's funny looking at his stats for the first couple of seasons in Seattle which weren't that great and then he explodes in 1996. Also, looking at his stats he sucks in the postseason almost half of his RBI's came in 2009.

I will point out I'm pretty sure he does have a home in Miami so he would have easy access to the dealer.

10+ Year Old Account
    you mean when he was an 18 and 19 year old?

first, he was good enough to be in the majors as a teenager, second, he's a teenager, so looking at an improvement from a couple cups of coffee as a teenager doesn't really shout PEDs to me

I'm not saying he's not a user, but that is a pretty ridiculous and flimsy argument when you're looking at natural development and improvement by a teenage ball player, I think everybody is improving at that age, it doesn't make any sense at all to point to it as an indicator of anything suspicious

for that we can look at the 10-15 homer bump at age 25-26

but craziness like that skippy, is what the sport doesn't need, because then you scrutinize everyone, some guy wasn't even good enough to make it to the majors at age 21, but then at 22 he was in the show! MUST BE PEDs!

15+ Year Old Account
    you mean when he was an 18 and 19 year old?

first, he was good enough to be in the majors as a teenager, second, he's a teenager, so looking at an improvement from a couple cups of coffee as a teenager doesn't really shout PEDs to me

I'm not saying he's not a user, but that is a pretty ridiculous and flimsy argument when you're looking at natural development and improvement by a teenage ball player, I think everybody is improving at that age, it doesn't make any sense at all to point to it as an indicator of anything suspicious

for that we can look at the 10-15 homer bump at age 25-26

but craziness like that skippy, is what the sport doesn't need, because then you scrutinize everyone, some guy wasn't even good enough to make it to the majors at age 21, but then at 22 he was in the show! MUST BE PEDs!
    Wait wait wait wait. A-Rod is an admitted user. He has a freaking (long) history of being tied to PEDs starting back in 2001 BY HIS OWN ADMISSION IN 2009. The new scandal provided freaking receipts showing him paying through April of last year. A known, and again ADMITTED, user tied to yet another steroid scandal with some damn solid evidence against him, enough to the point where the MLB is investigating and the Yankees are looking to void his contract, doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt for one damn second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wait wait wait wait. A-Rod is an admitted user. He has a freaking (long) history of being tied to PEDs starting back in 2001 BY HIS OWN ADMISSION IN 2009. The new scandal provided freaking receipts showing him paying through April of last year. A known, and again ADMITTED, user tied to yet another steroid scandal with some damn solid evidence against him, enough to the point where the MLB is investigating and the Yankees are looking to void his contract, doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt for one damn second.
    read my post

read it again

read it a third time if you have to

15+ Year Old Account
    read my post

read it again

read it a third time if you have to
    No reading hard!