About reserving character names

I have GW1 but never really got into it. It just didn't do it for me, and I got caught up in playing WoW at the time. I never got any of the GW1 expansions either. In the FAQ released yesterday, there is a section about reserving character names.

"However, your original Guild Wars character names will be reserved for your use in Guild Wars 2. The Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars 2 recognizes the accomplishments commemorated by your original Guild Wars characters and provides you with unique rewards to showcase those achievements."

The hall of monuments is only available to those who got the eyes of the north expansion, however the first sentence there doesn't say specifically that your original GW character name will be reserved ONLY if you have eyes of the north.

Second, I don't remember seeing this anywhere so forgive me if it's already been answered but do we get a first and last name like we had in GW1? I'm assuming so since we had both, and if we do, are first names exclusive to only one account or can more than one person have the same first name as long as you have a different last name? For example say I have a toon called Jon Mcfly, can my friend create a toon called Jon Doe or will he get an error saying that name is already taken?

The reason I ask the second question is in case you need eyes of the north on your GW1 account in order to reserve your character name.

In your name you can have 18 characters (correct me if I'm wrong), including spaces, so yes you can have first and last names.

And the reserving the name part? Do you need EotN to reserve a name or not?

Quote Originally Posted by kanezfan View Post
    And the reserving the name part? Do you need EotN to reserve a name or not?
    You have to link your HoM (in guild war eotn) to your GW2 account, so yes you need EoTN.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Just in case anyone wanted official confirmation on this, I asked @guildwars2 on twitter and yes, you must own EotN to reserve a character name as zito above said.

Deleted
    Question : Can banned accounts reserve character names? And will they got HoM bonuses? [No , I'm not banned :P]

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Question : Can banned accounts reserve character names? And will they got HoM bonuses? [No , I'm not banned :P]
    It's unknown if it will work but the way you link your HoM to GW2 is an in game item in GW2, so theoretically it could work but we need to actually test it to find out for sure.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    So will every name on your account be reserved? Or just the one you used for HoM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'll only use 1 of my GW1 character names since they're all silly.

Except for "Vuile stiekemerd", which is the best mesmer character name ever
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've reserved "Dumpface" just to throw the trolls who'll be playing off balance.

With GW2 names does it have to be 2 words like it does in GW1?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    With GW2 names does it have to be 2 words like it does in GW1?
    Nope.

The only requirement seems to be 3 characters min.

10+ Year Old Account
    deleted post.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I've reserved "Dumpface" just to throw the trolls who'll be playing off balance.
    How'd you reserve that? Or is my sarcasm sensor not working? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Nope.

The only requirement seems to be 3 characters min.
    Do you have a source for this? It's not that I doubt you, but I did a quick search earlier today to find the naming policy and yielded nothing satisfactory. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Do you have a source for this? It's not that I doubt you, but I did a quick search earlier today to find the naming policy and yielded nothing satisfactory. Thanks!

Only requirement is 3 characters min, 19 characters max.