15+ Year Old Account

If you are paranoid and signed up for beta, resend your e-mail.

https://beta.guildwars2.com/resend

Just did this and they are least send an e-mail telling you whether your e-mail is in the system or not.

Thanks for this. Sent mine hours ago and didnt get an email confirmation, but didnt think anything of it.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reasons like this make me <3 Anet
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Hmm strange. Says I never submitted one.. Guess I'll have to wait until I get back home to do it.

Now my fears are put to bed, Thank you for posting this Wrathonia

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, when I try to resend it says the E-mail isn't recognized. But when I try to sign up again it says that the E-mail is already in use.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

ahh thanks, still hadnt recieved the confirm email 9hours later but that got it sent instantly. I assumed it worked but nice to know for sure.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    For some reason, when I try to resend it says the E-mail isn't recognized. But when I try to sign up again it says that the E-mail is already in use.
    If you're using gmail, then try submitting a new application with the same e-mail address but change gmail.com to googlemailcom. Worked for me and got my reply almost instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latios View Post
    If you're using gmail, then try submitting a new application with the same e-mail address but change gmail.com to googlemailcom. Worked for me and got my reply almost instantly.
    That seems a bit weird to me, but whatever, it worked. Thanks.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    I still havent received any confirmation email, so perhaps I should try that out? But still feels strange if they dont confirm it

Exactly. If you are using a gmail account, you need to change it to googlemail.com otherwise it will not work. Strange, but for whatever reason it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Exactly. If you are using a gmail account, you need to change it to googlemail.com otherwise it will not work. Strange, but for whatever reason it works.
    That is only for a few people. All 10 of my gmails had no issues. Two of them didnt get the letter right off the bat, but they got them a few hours later.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    I will be pissed off if because I just now read that and resubmitted my info with googlemail.com that it is somehow too late.

Deleted
    My gmail adress worked just fine, so not sure what you guys are talking about.

I would be careful with signing up using both *@gmail.com and *@googlemail.com
    ANet may very well catch these as multiple signups from the same person, and may even disqualify you from joining.
    I don't know that they would do that, but I have seen it often enough before, where if you sign up multiple times, you are disqualified.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    My gmail adress worked just fine, so not sure what you guys are talking about.

I would be careful with signing up using both *@gmail.com and *@googlemail.com
    ANet may very well catch these as multiple signups from the same person, and may even disqualify you from joining.
    I don't know that they would do that, but I have seen it often enough before, where if you sign up multiple times, you are disqualified.
    That would be more than enough reason for me to drop gmail and pick up ANYTHING else. Why does gmail out of all these have to be the one that has issues?

Deleted
    I'm not sure that gmail has any more issues then others. Works fine for me, and everyone else I know that uses gmail.
    Basicly, all that people are doing is that they are using two different email accounts (gmail and googlemail), which are actually tied to the same account.

It doesn't mean that gmail has any more issues then others, just that the option to sign up using an alternative domain exist for them.

Deleted
    Doesnt F'in work for me even with the googlemail thing even made 2 new emails and still won't work

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got the original confirmation email 9 hours later. haha

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    YAAAAAY thanks! I had been waiting like 12 hours for mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just used a different email. Got mine in twenty minutes after I used yahoo instead of gmail. Now I wish I just resent it under my gmail, as that is my main email now. Ah well, it will give me something to look forward to as I delete the ever-building spam from my yahoo account.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!