Beta application (at its finest)

It makes one wonder whether publicly available Beta application is an example of quality we can expect from ArenaNet.

Highlights:
    - Pretentious name, "scannertron 5000", can you imagine this?
    - Application is unable to collect size information from drives other than C:
    - And, as paramount, it doesn't work, as it fails to send back the gathered information.

Bonus point: no explanation of error, and no any kind of technical support.
    Is the actual game so buggy too?

Deleted
    I sure love the smell of trolls in the afternoon

I had no problems, sucks to be you.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It makes one wonder whether publicly available Beta application is an example of quality we can expect from ArenaNet.

Highlights:
    - And, as paramount, it doesn't work, as it fails to send back the gathered information.

1. Didn't even take notice of the name, and now when you point it out I'm not at all bothered by it.
    2. It collects information on all your HDDs and other alternate cores, the summary just doesn't show it all.
    3. My firewall blocked it on the first attempt, it was announced by the beta application so I closed the firewall and it worked. Just like for everyone else.

Bonus: They provided a way to confirm that you were confirmed despite the delay caused by the copious ammounts of applications.

Glass half-full!

Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    1. Didn't even take notice of the name, and now when you point it out I'm not at all bothered by it.
    2. It collects information on all your HDDs and other alternate cores, the summary just doesn't show it all.
    3. My firewall blocked it on the first attempt, it was announced by the beta application so I closed the firewall and it worked. Just like for everyone else.

Bonus: They provided a way to confirm that you were confirmed despite the delay caused by the copious ammounts of applications.

Glass half-full!
    Pretty much.

Complaining about a silly name for their HD scanner is just.. come on? They're obviously being silly. Would you rather them call it the 'PC.SCANNER.V.4.44.32' or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post

Highlights:

Wow, couldn't find anything else to bitch about, so you picked this?

Scannertron 5000 is humourous, not pretentious. Why so serious?
    Application collects info on all Hard Drives and GPUs, despite only displaying info for one of them.
    Works perfectly fine. My application process was over in a minute and went completely smoothly. You must be doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't respond, it's just our old friend up to his old tricks.

I had no issues w/ the scan either! I've seen reviews by some very wow-biased reviews that gave the game great marks, so I am not worried at all about the games quality!
    Keep in mind w/ no subscription, this games success relies on polish and game play right out of the gate because they don't have $15/month x 6 months coming in until they manage to polish out the defects! If they want to retain players who will want the next box x-pac then they have to make it run like a well oiled machine! That is what i would think anyhow!

closed inb4 more trolling =)