Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Biggest chance to get in is to get a shit computer, they stated that they wanna test it on all kind of computer rigs, and im sure most people got good computers.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    BETA Club rules :

1st RULE: You do not talk about BETA CLUB.
    2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about BETA CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone falls asleep or goes limp, the BETA will be over.

4th RULE: Only one player per BETA access.

5th RULE: One BETA at a time.

6th RULE: No sleep, no pauses.

7th RULE: BETA will go on as long as it has to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at BETA CLUB, you HAVE to play.

BETA Club: The club where you can't count anybody but yourself as member for sure.

a rooster on 1, what an awkward club.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    Oh trust me I will. I've beta'd before and I want in so I can help in every way possible to make the game better for everyone at release. Keeping me busy is just a side note.
    Fill out the surveys and stuff, please.

... WooHoo with ArenaNet CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    ... WooHoo with ArenaNet CEO.
    If you do that, you probably was interested in something else than a beta, or your simply too low to even get a beta out of it.

the biggest factor in getting into a beta for any game is having an outlier type of computer. either super good or super bad, they want to test them on both kinds. and while ideally they want equal amounts of testers on super crap, crap, ok, good, and super good computers, there are less of the extreme ends of the spectrum so your odds get better.

so either drop 2K+ on a brand new rig or go steal your parents computer that is from the late 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    apply with a lot of emails? I've only used my main hotmail to apply, got the confirmation 10 min after i applied yesterday. But I keep reading about people who have made several hotmails etc and applied with those. Will it increase your chance of getting an invite, or how does their system work?
    well, one way is to dance naked in the streets, or in a mall, post it in a youtube, shufflin actually and maybe, just maybe, i'll give you my beta pass.
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava View Post
    well, one way is to dance naked in the streets, or in a mall, post it in a youtube, shufflin actually and maybe, just maybe, i'll give you my beta pass.
    This is about GW not D3

I just used my laptop and my gaming rig to sign up. Every beta i sign up for seem to only pick my laptop something about it seem to make it get picked often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I don't think an Arena Net Ninja will kill you if you say it to your close friends and family, as long as they don't tell inside knowledge to everybody around them. Even if they posted "Cousin got GW2 Beta omg so jealous!!" on their Facebook page, I don't think they will track you down.
    You didn't read the rest of my post, did you? O_o

I've been under NDA for other video games before, including WoW. The companies fully expect you to share the information with some people. Perhaps everybody you meet in your personal life will know and hear about it. I mean, they're not the government.
    They just don't want you going to the press, posting on blogs and forums, making youtube videos and posting screenshots and such.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellprank View Post
    This is about GW not D3
    edited, and damn you're quick!

P.S. yes, i got both betas.
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

10+ Year Old Account
    i only submitted my gmail. but i never got the confirmation email, so i kept applying over and over.

I got one last night, and got 5 more today randomly, lol.

I really hope it wasn't a glitch that may disqualify me for testing.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You can't even tell people if you got in.
    I think I found a slight bug. If you tell someone before you actually sign the NDA, then you wouldn't be violating the NDA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerain View Post
    I hope they have some kind of IP tracking system and ban people who do that, and I fully agree/feel like Snow White.
    Hi from a couple who live in the same house and use the same net and play games together..

My partner and i only used 1 email each and both have slightly diff PC's pretty sure the Devs can see if there are duplicate DXDiags which would indicate more than one email being used.

10+ Year Old Account
    I initially was only planning on signing up with one, but when I never got the confirmation email I signed up with another then I was like "well what the heck" and singed up with 7 more. I'm sure a ton of people signed up with at least 2 because of all the issues yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    apply with a lot of emails? I've only used my main hotmail to apply, got the confirmation 10 min after i applied yesterday. But I keep reading about people who have made several hotmails etc and applied with those. Will it increase your chance of getting an invite, or how does their system work?
    I would hope that the information they skimmed off with that DXDIAG tool has at least one identifiable value in it; which then results in all such applications being ignored and sent beta's for MOP
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Scott Kaine - you can if you want, we will not be penalising people that do ~AT
    its on twitter folks.

I signed up 6 times, one on my Desktop, my laptop, my mothers laptop, fathers, girlfriends and her sisters. Sup.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

gonna come clean on this one. Different game but same situation.
    I used 4 different emails to sign up for SW:TOR beta, and it totally worked. I got invites for two of the secondary emails, and no invite on my primary.
    ANet and Bioware will have their own process for deciding who gets into beta I am sure, however, Bioware obviously didnt care to check, or simply didnt care that people had used multiple emails to increase their chance of getting into beta. Does ANet care? They might, but without a warning somewhere somehow about doing such a thing, I would assume nothing more horrible then kicking out duplicates would be the worse that happens.
    And keep this in mind, there are people who use a lot of emails to sign up for these things. Four is small time, I have heard of people who use 40+ to get into a beta.
    just my thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way that Anet would have set all this up with no way to tell how many different PC's signed up rather than how many different email addresses. MAC addresses are the perfect way to do this and it's how I bet they did it. Especially when you consider that the deciding factor on beta access is computer specs.

I signed up on the PC's at work, my gaming rig at home and my laptop (7 in total). All of them have different specs and if any of those get into the beta then I'll be playing on that computer and giving the best feedback I can. That's what beta is all about.