Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not something you'd want to do as it's not a cool move at all and they most likely can detect multiple sign ups. I've actually signed up with 3 mails myself due to me panicking when I didn't receive the mail confirmation for the first 2 and when I asked if it was ok on their Twitter I got a generic "Please wait for the emails to come through, our servers are struggling". So, I don't think you'll get disqualified for it or anything (I certainly hope not) but I don't think it's a good move.

Also, remember that you're selected based on their needs so if you're in you're in regardless of how many applications you made.

Deleted
    I just signed up with one e-mail, since said before, it's a really dishonest move to apply with several e-mails, in my opinion. But I won't cry if I don't get it, ArenaNet didn't need me then

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually think the only possibility to get higher chance for invite is if you sign up with a guild (and obviously enter it in the optional guild quest). Since I believe they would want a whole guild together instead of inviting some on one event and some of the others on another event.

I also agree that they can probably track if you sign up with different email but same diagnostic result.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People need to remember that beta isn't a free trial for you to dick around, you're there to test out the game and iron out all the kinks.
    People who apply with multiple emails give me the impression that they aren't there to contribute and therefore, shouldn't be there at all.
    Last edited by Snow White; 2012-02-23 at 07:29 PM.

heh you dont think they check the computer settings ? every pc setup is unique...(dxdiag) they just dq the ppl with 7 emails and 1 Dxdiag.
    Last edited by rejer13; 2012-02-23 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    Only reason I applied with 3 accounts was because I wasn't getting anything from Arenanet :/ took 22 hours after originally signing up to get the thing and in that time I made 2 new emails to send because I always got the email in use when registering and email not identified when trying a resend. Do you think I should be penalized for that?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I received the 'recruitment' email for beta to two different email addresses so I signed up twice.

One email is what I use just for gaming (and has my GW1 account attached to it).
    One email is everyday use but is signed up for the Anet newsletter.

I lack to see the problem. If I get more than one invite I'd give it to someone here or in my guild.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-02-23 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    People need to remember that beta isn't a free trial for you to dick around, you're there to test out the game and iron out all the kinks.
    People who apply with multiple emails give me the impression that they aren't there to contribute and therefore, shouldn't be there at all.
    - or the impression that they are obsessed by the game, and has no other goal in life than to play it, and then fool around and say how unfinished the game actually feels

Quote Originally Posted by Drashar View Post
    I'm pretty sure no matter how many emails you do, unless you go around town to get different IP addresses or attempt to change it via a proxy then when they see you used the same IP address for each try you'll either get DQed or it'll all be counted as one submission.

Just my two cents though.
    Really because it so hard to restart your router or request a new IP from your ISP? The fact is AreaNet won't filter anything using IP because i'ts so easy for most people to change without even needing a proxy.
    If Areanet are going to filter out duplicate applications it will be from recording MAC addresses, or just looking at the system specs and filtering out those submitted at a similar time with exactly the same system specs.

QUOTE=Rivehn;15628715]They can see your ip so actually they will probably be caught and not eligible for an invite.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter (explained above). Besides how would this help two or more people on the same network applying.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a good thing I really don't give a shit about the impression I make to you or anyone else I don't know.

Impression =/= Intention.

I actually want in with the hopes of helping to prevent what happened with SWTOR...where all but a dedicated few were just using beta as future fluff for their Youtube channels and to play the game like it was early access and proclaim "OMG its Star Warzzz MMO so its awesome!!1!". ANet should have a bug reporting quota or something like that to keep those types out of beta. (this also requires ANet, unlike Bioware, to treat their beta as more than promotional material which I am sure will be the case).

used this comp.. then had brother use his comp in another part of town with his better specs.. either way i got the good comp down and bad comp down.. whichever one they wanna test with

Deleted
    Indeed. The beta testers have some responsibility while playing. It should be fun but also you have to tell them about buggs and tell them about your impresson etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that they choose who gets in by what the developer needs.

If the developers need another person with your specs, you might get in. If they end up choosing you three times because you used 3 e-mails, sure, yay for you, you have 3 beta invites. Maybe you'll give them to friends, maybe you'll be selfish and have 3 beta accounts.

The result is that the developers might not get everything they need from those 3 beta invites, so they might end up giving out more in order to fulfil developer needs. Or, in the end, the developers might get everything they need because they could see what one person would do using 3 accounts, or the friends who get your extra 2 have computer specifications that are exactly what they wanted to see testing on.

Nobody is going to "miss out" because of people signing up with multiple e-mails. ANet expected that to happen, and will surely account for it, but the answer is NOT to punish their devoted fans for being so passionate (see how many times Blizzard makes that mistake).

So long as the beta becomes the best it can be, what do you care if somebody else gets a beta invite and you don't? Complaining about that makes you just as greedy and selfish as the guy who tried to and succeeded in obtaining 3 beta invites just for himself.
    When the actual game comes out, you'll still be able to buy it and play it and enjoy it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-23 at 08:37 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I signed up twice. The 1st time I waited like 7 hours and no confirmation so I signed up again and got that one immediately. Then today at 1:38PM EST, I get the confirmation for the 1st signup. ><
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    I signed up twice. The 1st time I waited like 7 hours and no confirmation so I signed up again and got that one immediately. Then today at 1:38PM EST, I get the confirmation for the 1st signup. ><
    Same thing happened to me. Kinda freaky that their mail systems could be so backed up.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    apply with a lot of emails? I've only used my main hotmail to apply, got the confirmation 10 min after i applied yesterday. But I keep reading about people who have made several hotmails etc and applied with those. Will it increase your chance of getting an invite, or how does their system work?
    Showing how all emails have an INDENTICAL setup down to the very last little detail? Yeah sure, if you dare. The program that scans your system shows Anet a lot more then you can see yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I applied from 4 different locations with different computer specs at each one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I applied from 4 different locations with different computer specs at each one.
    Your avatar totally fits your post. :O

I know for a fact that if you use several emails on one computer you will not be increasing your chances. I have a few computers around the house (around 8) but I only used the 3 emails that I have tied to a GW1 account.

Deleted
    I was realy thinking about it because I realy want to have some GW2 vids on my Youtube channel , but Karma won over my mind