Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    gonna stick with altair until one for Ratohnhaké:ton comes out
    Or just call him Connor. That works too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Or just call him Connor. That works too.
    Ratohnhaké:ton is more accurate, and fancier
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

And also requires you to use Google to even spell right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ra-doon-ha-gay-doon
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    And also requires you to use Google to even spell right.
    only if you're a templar
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    only if you're a templar
    Or if you're simply not Native American.

I guess I was expecting american revolution for AC3, but I think I can safely say AC2 Renaissance Italy will be my favorite AC setting.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Or if you're simply not Native American.

I guess I was expecting american revolution for AC3, but I think I can safely say AC2 Renaissance Italy will be my favorite AC setting.
    I would have liked a American Civil War, Caribbean Pirate, or an Asian themed game. But this works too I suppose.

A WW2 setting would be REALLY neat, I'd be interested if they could pull it off though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have liked a American Civil War, Caribbean Pirate, or an Asian themed game. But this works too I suppose.

A WW2 setting would be REALLY neat, I'd be interested if they could pull it off though.
    I think they might actively avoid the civil war idea simply because of the blatant racism that would be involved. I'm pretty sure they even said as much, somewhere.

I think they might actively avoid the civil war idea simply because of the blatant racism that would be involved. I'm pretty sure they even said as much, somewhere.
    Racism is worse than brainwashing and enslaving the entire human race with a mind control device?

But I get what you mean, real world issues in video games isn't a good thing. I just really want to assassinate Lincoln though...

10+ Year Old Account

my original guess for AC3 was the french revolution

not too far off since it was inspired by the american

i dont think they'll make a game revolving around WW2 (besides it wouldnt be with desmond anyway) becuase they pretty much explain all that with the truth

tho ofc they could still do it but i dont think ubi will
    The Original Ganksta

MOVING AWAY FROM AC3 (which will obviously be set in Boxer Rebellion-era China),

I was wondering what kind of builds did heavy Acrobatics lend itself for. There aren't that many boons that Assassins can use so the extra boon duration seems to be throwaway...

Maybe this build:

Acrobatics
    Expeditious Dodger Gain swiftness on evade.
    Feline Grace Dodging returns some of the Endurance used.
    Fluid Strikes Deal 10% more damage when Endurance is not full.
    Power of Inertia Gain Might whenever you dodge.
    Vigorous Recovery You gain Vigor upon healing.
    Combined Tactics Dual skills return Initiative when completed.

Critical Strikes
    Keen Observer +5% critical chance when health is over 90%.
    Opportunist Critical hits have a 20% chance to restore one initiative.
    First Strikes Initiative improves critical damage.
    Critical Haste 10% chance to get haste on crit (this effect cannot trigger more than once every 15s).
    Signets of Power Gain 10 seconds of Might when activating a signet.
    Fast Signets 20% reduced cooldown on signets

Trickery
    Kleptomaniac Stealing gives you 3 initiative.
    Bountiful Theft When stealing get a 10 second might, swiftness or fury.

Weapons
    Sword + Dagger (We want less conditions and more raw damage and survivability.)
    Pistol + Dagger (Getting the hell away.)

Skills
    Heal
    Signet of Malice (With Vigorous Recovery, there's a possibility every hit grants Vigor. Vigor means a whole lot of dodges, which means more and more Might.)

Utility
    Signet of Agility (Uhm, yes, please! Group utility that plays on our long boon duration AND our love for critical strikes!)
    Infiltrator's Signet (Seems good - our playstyle is punch punch punch, then roll around until we have a full load of initiative. Shadowstep gives us an extra out.)
    Charr Battle Roar (More boons! Might suck, in that case we are better off with Assassin's Signet.)

Elite
    Throwaway
    So basically the idea is to Shadowstep in with Steal, unload hell on the enemy, roll around to generate more Might while sitting on a large health pool in case you get hit, get back to action, Stealth out while you get ready for another round, and Shadow Step into your next victim.

Sounds extremely fun to me! I'm missing a nice Elite skill to go with this playstyle... maybe Basilisk Venom or Dagger Storm? Or a nice racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetface View Post
    MOVING AWAY FROM AC3 (which will obviously be set in Boxer Rebellion-era China),
    I thought so at first, too, after watching the short animated (CGI?) film that showed the end of Ezio's life, but recent revelations (cwutididthere?) about AC3 characters, it's obviously set in the time of the american revolution. The ancestor that Desmond checks out now is half British and half Native American.

Also, we get to meet George Washington and Ben Franklin.

Anyways, back on-topic, the Acrobatics traits seem tailored to thieves that don't want a stealth focus!

Anyone feel like its a must to have 10points into shadow arts? For stealth on steal?
    Last edited by solidsheep; 2012-03-29 at 07:58 AM.

my original guess for AC3 was the french revolution

not too far off since it was inspired by the american

i dont think they'll make a game revolving around WW2 (besides it wouldnt be with desmond anyway) becuase they pretty much explain all that with the truth

tho ofc they could still do it but i dont think ubi will
    Remember back in the good old days, when they said it would be a trilogy and we had expected the third game to be present-day Desmond, not the 15th?
    Yeah.. those were the days.

(I like the AC series, but I'd prefer it to have been a polished 3 game trilogy with releases every 2-3 years instead of a release every year with very minor gameplay changes and gimmicks.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Remember back in the good old days, when they said it would be a trilogy and we had expected the third game to be present-day Desmond, not the 15th?
    Yeah.. those were the days.

(I like the AC series, but I'd prefer it to have been a polished 3 game trilogy with releases every 2-3 years instead of a release every year with very minor gameplay changes and gimmicks.)
    They fully intend for the third game to be the end of Desmond's story.

However, the end of Desmond's story does NOT mean the end of Assassin's Creed. History is their playground.

They fully intend for the third game to be the end of Desmond's story.

However, the end of Desmond's story does NOT mean the end of Assassin's Creed. History is their playground.
    Not the way you worded that, they don't.
    Just because ACIII has a 3 at the end does not make it the third game. :P
    AC:B was not the end of Desmond's story!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Not the way you worded that, they don't.
    Just because ACIII has a 3 at the end does not make it the third game. :P
    AC:B was not the end of Desmond's story!
    Well, you know what I mean. They intended for AC3 to be the end of Desmond's story. I don't imagine AC3, on it's own, will last for more than three games.

(for that matter, I'm annoyed that they didn't name the other Ezio games properly - e.g. Assassin's Creed II: Revelations)

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Anyone feel like its a must to have 10points into shadow arts? For stealth on steal?
    Well, not really.

It's a nice feature in some ways, but it's also not entirely necessary. It's got a fairly long cooldown.

So for my build, for example, it's more efficient to just swap to daggers real quick and spend initiative on the 5 skill, if I truly need stealth (though, that requires weapon swap and initiative, so I admit it has it's drawbacks).

I'm personally going into Shadow Arts for the trait that causes Steal to buff Might, Fury, and Swiftness.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...8n8o8u929h9i9n
    Looking at something like this more focus on pvp, but still useful in pve with some tweaks to major traits.
    Last edited by solidsheep; 2012-03-29 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    id say it is for any build that relies heavily on D/D except for initiative on stealth
    The Original Ganksta

I'm going full harassment stealth focus thief. Here's what my build would somewhat look like. Still working on it

Shadow Arts

Minor: Last Refuge Create a Shadow Refuge when health reaches 25% (90 second cooldown).
    Minor: Meld With Shadows Your stealth skills last 1 second longer.
    Minor:Hidden Assassin Gain might while in stealth.

Major: Hidden Thief Stealing stealths you.
    Major: Infusion of Shadow Gain 2 initiative when using a skill that stealths you.
    Major: Cowardly You regenerate health while stealthed.

Trickery

Minor: Kleptomaniac Stealing gives you 3 initiative.
    Minor: Preparedness You have +5 maximum Initiative
    Minor: Lead Attacks You deal 2% more damage per initiative.

Major: Flanking Stikes Flanking attacks deal 5% more damage.
    Major: Thrill of the Crime When you steal you and all allies gain might, fury and swiftness.
    Major: Uncatchable You leave behind Caltrops when you dodge.

Critical Strikes

Minor: Keen Observer +5% critical chance when health is over 90%.

Major: Hidden Killer 50% crit chance while stealthed.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Wikram; 2012-03-29 at 02:26 PM.