... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i thought that were combo skills?
    Maybe both names are accurate?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dual_wield_skill

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 10:11 PM ----------

i'd use "shadowstep" or "infiltrator's signet" instead of (or in addition to) "scorpion wire", for the simple reason that those two have 1200 range, while the wire only has 900. so seeing as that's going to be your only long-range movement/gap closing spell, you might as well pick one with the longest range.
    Meh, it's not about gap closing. I can use Pistols until it's time to close the gap. Besides, Pistol-crit = crippling.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    that would be pretty weird, but i guess you might be right... silly anet, they sure gotta have some work to do regarding the information, accuracy and wording they put into tooltips -.-^^
    i HATE it when tooltips state things like "some" or "a chance" or "increased" or "gain xy", without actually telling us the [puppies] numbers! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    More like they should make Hidden Blade an off-hand weapon.
    off hang so that we can give guardians a reason to shoot fire from their hands
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    off hang so that we can give guardians a reason to shoot fire from their hands
    more like blue/white lazor beams xD

10+ Year Old Account
    more like blue/white lazor beams xD
    <- is secretly trying to bring back starburst warriors
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    <- is secretly trying to bring back starburst warriors
    and getting made fun of by bitchy monks who run UA so they don't have to heal xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    that would be pretty weird, but i guess you might be right... silly anet, they sure gotta have some work to do regarding the information, accuracy and wording they put into tooltips -.-^^
    i HATE it when tooltips state things like "some" or "a chance" or "increased" or "gain xy", without actually telling us the [puppies] numbers! xD
    I think it might be they just haven't yet gotten consistent on their terminology.

But now that I realize that combo skill and dual skill are referring to the same thing, I now realize I have a lot of synergy towards Unload and Leaping Death Blossom. O_o

Depending on how often Opportunist procs for me, how often Critical Haste procs for me, and how much initiative I get back from Combined Tactics, they should be rather efficient. I can't help but wonder how much crit I get from Combo Crit Chance.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might be they just haven't yet gotten consistent on their terminology.

But now that I realize that combo skill and dual skill are referring to the same thing, I now realize I have a lot of synergy towards Unload and Leaping Death Blossom. O_o

Depending on how often Opportunist procs for me, how often Critical Haste procs for me, and how much initiative I get back from Combined Tactics, they should be rather efficient. I can't help but wonder how much crit I get from Combo Crit Chance.
    i thought combo attacks were the chain attacks...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought combo attacks were the chain attacks...
    I thought that's what it was referring to at first, but that trait appears to refer to the dual skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo_Crit_Chance

Look at where "combo skills" links to. You're thinking of "chain attacks" I guess.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 12:50 AM ----------

Now if only I could decide whether to keep the 20 points in Shadow Arts, or to move them down to Trickery...

Thrill of the Crime/Bountiful Theft and Initial Strike look good... But doing so means I no longer get to have "perma" stealth...
    I'll have to test whether or not I actually care about perma-stealth.

I also need to test whether to use Combined Training or Sundering Strikes... or even if I should try to move 10 points there to ADD Sundering Strikes...

Oh the madness these builds will cause! @.@
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-19 at 05:56 AM.

I thought that's what it was referring to at first, but that trait appears to refer to the dual skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo_Crit_Chance

Look at where "combo skills" links to. You're thinking of "chain attacks" I guess.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 12:50 AM ----------

Now if only I could decide whether to keep the 20 points in Shadow Arts, or to move them down to Trickery...

Thrill of the Crime/Bountiful Theft and Initial Strike look good... But doing so means I no longer get to have "perma" stealth...
    I'll have to test whether or not I actually care about perma-stealth.

I also need to test whether to use Combined Training or Sundering Strikes... or even if I should try to move 10 points there to ADD Sundering Strikes...

Oh the madness these builds will cause! @.@
    Comes down to you wanna push out abit more dmg or have some defense. and you know me i'd go for defense.
    free shadow refuge when about to die is quite nice.
    Also what with the lack of love for shortbow i think im the only thief that has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just not big on bows in general. Dunno why. It's also the Thief's only 2-handed weapon (outside of underwater combat), so perhaps it leaves some confusion as to how it works. Does it's 3-slot still count as a dual-wield skill?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just not big on bows in general. Dunno why. It's also the Thief's only 2-handed weapon (outside of underwater combat), so perhaps it leaves some confusion as to how it works. Does it's 3-slot still count as a dual-wield skill?
    It is not a dual skill
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not a dual skill
    Well what's getting me is that Combo Crit Chance specified (3-slot) in the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what's getting me is that Combo Crit Chance specified (3-slot) in the tooltip.
    i dont see that being the intended behavior
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Also what with the lack of love for shortbow i think im the only thief that has it.
    i will most likely go with shortbow, actually. linked it in my build, too :P

yeah, it's confusing... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will most likely go with shortbow, actually. linked it in my build, too :P

yeah, it's confusing... guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    The wording isn't consistent with the wording we see elsewhere I'd argue it's a trait from a very old build of gw2 where they used something closer to the assassin combo system. Either way the shortbow 3 skill isn't a dual skill and with all the weapon specific traits we've seen I'm not shocked there's traits that work with everything except one weapon
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    I love the shortbow, it's amazing. Great for when you want to hit entire groups of people.
    Also, it's way cooler than dual guns thanks to Infiltrator's arrow and Disabling shot. Movement and kiting!

10+ Year Old Account
    The wording isn't consistent with the wording we see elsewhere I'd argue it's a trait from a very old build of gw2 where they used something closer to the assassin combo system. Either way the shortbow 3 skill isn't a dual skill and with all the weapon specific traits we've seen I'm not shocked there's traits that work with everything except one weapon
    sounds about right, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    I love the shortbow, it's amazing. Great for when you want to hit entire groups of people.
    Also, it's way cooler than dual guns thanks to Infiltrator's arrow and Disabling shot. Movement and kiting!
    agreed!

Might be kinda of a dumb question but does Power also increase dmg of dots or is that only for the base attack dmg. Also what stats do we get from gear is it just the the 4 main stats Power,Precision,Toughness and Vitality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Might be kinda of a dumb question but does Power also increase dmg of dots or is that only for the base attack dmg.
    from what we know, it increases all damage, yes.
    just as precision for example also increases the crit chance of dots.
    Also what stats do we get from gear is it just the the 4 main stats Power,Precision,Toughness and Vitality.
    you can have pretty anything on your gear, like increased condition duration, in addition to the main stats.
    i don't know how the usual itemization will look like, though.