Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Didnt they remove that because it was too overpowered. In the press beta its gone.
    They might have, I don't see it on Guild Wars 2 wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Didnt they remove that because it was too overpowered. In the press beta its gone.
    They may have, the ability seemed kind of overpowered to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Lol, one of the reasonS I'm considering thief is to be like EZIO AUDITORE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    2) The Thief videos imply that is correct. NPCs will not reset when you stealth.
    Oh good. That's what I hate the most about the majority of MMOs with stealth classes.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Oh good. That's what I hate the most about the majority of MMOs with stealth classes.
    Unconfirmed though. The videos Arenanet released of the class imply that they just look around all confused for a few seconds. Someone early in the thread posted they start walking back to where they were engaged and slowly regenerate health. But there's no hard reset like in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unconfirmed though. The videos Arenanet released of the class imply that they just look around all confused for a few seconds. Someone early in the thread posted they start walking back to where they were engaged and slowly regenerate health. But there's no hard reset like in WoW.
    Oh. That'll be annoying too.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Oh. That'll be annoying too.
    /stroke

whispers: it'll be okay.

also no infinite stealth like WoW - thank ******* god!! that was one thing I hated in Bg's the way a rogue could just run away in stealth (while healing themselves) and you could never get the kill unless you predicted their movements. Which was near impossible considering the movement buff they got.

I can't applaud Anet enough for not going down that road in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    also no infinite stealth like WoW - thank ******* god!! that was one thing I hated in Bg's the way a rogue could just run away in stealth (while healing themselves) and you could never get the kill unless you predicted their movements. Which was near impossible considering the movement buff they got.

I can't applaud Anet enough for not going down that road in GW2.
    Yeah, as much as I liked the perma stealth for myself I accept the fact that the game will be better off without it.

Could just have the skill function differently in PVP. Problem solved.

My heart goes with the dual daggers, pistols don't fit my style

I plan on having as many stealth abilities as possible. In wow I would always run off and restealth (not vanish I would use that if I was in tough situations) to gain an advantage, not many rogues did this in wow so I feel like I will do great as a thief.

I can't decide on my other weapon set though, either sword/dagger sword/pistol pistol/dagger or dagger/pistol haha.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-02-24 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    not many rogues did this in wow so I feel like I will do great as a thief.
    You must be shrooming. ._.

Also: Having as many stealth abilities as possible, using daggers/daggers gives you 6 total, not counting the Downed state.

Keep in mind this means you must give up other utility skills (different poisons/venoms, caltrops, scorpion wire, roll for initiative, shadow step), the other healing options, and other elite skills.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_thief_skills

I find myself thinking that if you focus 100% on stealth, that also means you will become completely reliant on it since it will be the only trick in your book.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-24 at 03:43 AM.

Also: Having as many stealth abilities as possible, using daggers/daggers gives you 6 total, not counting the Downed state.

Keep in mind this means you must give up other utility skills (different poisons/venoms, caltrops, scorpion wire, roll for initiative, shadow step), the other healing options, and other elite skills.

I find myself thinking that if you focus 100% on stealth, that also means you will become completely reliant on it since it will be the only trick in your book.
    I don't think going all stealth would be very beneficial. Maybe 2 or 3 abilities, but anything more than that means you lose too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think going all stealth would be very beneficial. Maybe 2 or 3 abilities, but anything more than that means you lose too much.
    That's what I was trying to get at. It could be done, but you give up so much for so very little. A lot of the stealth abilities have fairly short cooldowns, and although you could chain stealth more times with more stealth abilities, you don't really gain anything from doing that. The more time you spend in stealth, the more time THEY get to have THEIR abilities come off CD as well, including their self-heals.

Stealth has it's uses, but you don't want to be a one-trick pony.

Deleted
    Elite stealth skill was removed yes, for now you can choose from summoning 2 thiefs for a few seconds, 360 channeled aoe, and stun poison.

Well there isn't as many stealth abilities as there used to be, I wouldn't have gotten all of them if there was. I am just thinking the dagger offhand with both weapon sets, and the healing one. And I believe that is really the most you can have unless I want the trap that makes me stealth.

I guess I should explain lol. On my server you would be called a noob rogue if you restealthed a lot by rogues and non rogues alike. That has just been my personal experience, maybe I was on a noob server. Also I love your avatar it made me lol.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-02-24 at 04:00 PM.

I'll be playing Double Pistol/Double Dagger with switches when I stealth depending on current needs.
    Should be a fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Well there isn't as many stealth abilities as there used to be, I wouldn't have gotten all of them if there was. I am just thinking the dagger offhand with both weapon sets, and the healing one. And I believe that is really the most you can have unless I want the trap that makes me stealth.

It's possible the press beta removed a lot of them, I suppose, but I get too bored watching the youtube videos that just mouseover the spells list thingy.

Any thoughts on Infiltrator's Signet vs Shadowstep ? It seems the latter is pretty much redundant as Infiltrator's Signet has an Init regen buff AND Shadowsteps on activation. The cooldown of IS is also shorter than that of SS.

Another thing that I'm still confused about is Hide in Shadows. Is it perma-stealth ? We know it can't be used in combat (at least it wasn't the last time it was tested) but there is no feedback on the duration of the stealth. Would be interesting if it was perma.

Finally, is there any video showing Thieves Guild ? I'd like to know if the summoned thieves look like you, that would be a giant middle finger to Mesmers.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Finally, is there any video showing Thieves Guild ? I'd like to know if the summoned thieves look like you, that would be a giant middle finger to Mesmers.
    I saw it once being used in a video, one male one female.