Page 74 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    That's the skill that really gives sword and pistol a little impact beyond what dagger/dagger has. Combine it with shadowstepping in and out and a shortbow to switch to and you have a powerful combo, but with a major downside: once initiating Pistol Whip they just need to break the stun and move and it is negated.
    Or use their pet to knock the thief on their ass =D! Gotta say though Sword/pistol, and Pistol/dagger were really fun in pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Or use their pet to knock the thief on their ass =D! Gotta say though Sword/pistol, and Pistol/dagger were really fun in pvp
    Yea, hopefully most pets will be dead when you shadowstep in on someone's arse. With the exception of the bear. For leveling Sword/Pistol was godly, I felt. Shadowstep in, Smokescreen, whack #1 for 2 seconds, use Pistol Whip, Shadowstep back original location and place trip wire. Rinse and repeat or switch to the shortbow for kiting and AoE damage while at a distance.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Deleted
    Made a little thief spotlight for those interested. Should give a clear indication of what the profession is all about. I must say I really enjoyed playing a thief, they have some nice unique mechanics though I did feel like they were at the moment less powerful than quite a few other classes. But I am not going to bother with balance issues while this is in beta, so for now I got to say it was a really fun class at the least.

No bulls were harmed in the making of this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    Made a little thief spotlight for those interested. Should give a clear indication of what the profession is all about. I must say I really enjoyed playing a thief, they have some nice unique mechanics though I did feel like they were at the moment less powerful than quite a few other classes. But I am not going to bother with balance issues while this is in beta, so for now I got to say it was a really fun class at the least.

No bulls were harmed in the making of this video.
    Not a bad spotlight at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, hopefully most pets will be dead when you shadowstep in on someone's arse. With the exception of the bear. For leveling Sword/Pistol was godly, I felt. Shadowstep in, Smokescreen, whack #1 for 2 seconds, use Pistol Whip, Shadowstep back original location and place trip wire. Rinse and repeat or switch to the shortbow for kiting and AoE damage while at a distance.
    Pets actually don't die as fast as most people think... And I personally wasn't a fan of the shortbow, but then again I didn't like it more because I didn't think it felt thiefy/ didn't fit how I imagined my thief
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

-snip-
    Btw, grats on getting airtime on the TGS-podcast.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does everyone feel about the Shortbow? Damage, Utility etc. I seem to have enjoyed it and i think its good? But i might be seeing it through rose tinted glasses , since its the weapon i was hoping to use with my Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    How does everyone feel about the Shortbow? Damage, Utility etc. I seem to have enjoyed it and i think its good? But i might be seeing it through rose tinted glasses , since its the weapon i was hoping to use with my Thief.
    Always the ranged weapon of choice for me due to the fact that it blends well with sword/pistol

10+ Year Old Account
    Always the ranged weapon of choice for me due to the fact that it blends well with sword/pistol
    Hmmm i was using Sword , Dagger for the Wep set 2, any particular reason you chose Pistol besides looks/preference? Better utility / burst ?

Hmmm i was using Sword , Dagger for the Wep set 2, any particular reason you chose Pistol besides looks/preference? Better utility / burst ?
    Burst, hands down. Pistol Whip straight after the leap = a ton of damage. You also have the defensive cooldown that buys you some time, etc. I use the shortbow from range and use the leap and shadowstep ability to gain range along with Tripwire. I too enjoyed sword/dagger, but I just thought sword/pistol was way more fun for some reason. Pistol Whip is not something that will work as effectively in PvP though, it is easy to break and locks you down in animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you only want to discus primarily ranged setups then you have p/p, p/d and SB

one advantage pistol has is pretty good control from the offhand shots and remains strong for single target puposes
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Burst, hands down. Pistol Whip straight after the leap = a ton of damage. You also have the defensive cooldown that buys you some time, etc. I use the shortbow from range and use the leap and shadowstep ability to gain range along with Tripwire. I too enjoyed sword/dagger, but I just thought sword/pistol was way more fun for some reason. Pistol Whip is not something that will work as effectively in PvP though, it is easy to break and locks you down in animation.
    Hmm this sounds nice, didn't actually consider it, will try it in the next BW

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    if you only want to discus primarily ranged setups then you have p/p, p/d and SB

one advantage pistol has is pretty good control from the offhand shots and remains strong for single target puposes
    So Pistol > SB for single target? SB did seem to focus more on AoE with Trickshot, Cluster Bomb and the Poison field.

Deleted
    Btw, grats on getting airtime on the TGS-podcast.
    Haha thanks, was a nice surprise today.

Haha thanks, was a nice surprise today.
    I was having an epiphany myself: coincidences do happen. The fact that the feedback was all positive as well can't be a bad thing for you. ^^

Oh, and @Mirve: yea, the Shortbow is very much for AoE damage and some mobility. I use Tripwire to knock opponents down and rain the AoE's down on them before shadowstepping in with an arrow that applies a daze-like condition. Then I switch back to Sword/Pistol and pop the Black Powder, I think it is call that, which applies a smokescreen. It allows me to hack freely with my sword and use Pistol Whip without taking damage. Then I try to use the Shadowstep ability you unlock for skill points to get away, apply tripwire, rinse and repeat. It's my personal mobility build where I switch alot back and forth between Shortbow and Pistol/Dagger.

Personally I found it very much to my liking as it gave me alot of control over the fights, even if I don't stealth as often. I went down that road since my dagger started to become outdated compared to the pistol I picked up and the sword.

thx to Haasth video i wanna try thief but there is no beta atm gonna try it in the next beta weekend

Deleted
    Personally, I went with P/P and stuck with it. D/D to me isn't as fun, and with my laggy laptop, dodging was rather difficult. A simple 3,2,3 with a venom applied beforehand was usually enough to hammer down most mobs I came across.

10+ Year Old Account
    started updating the OP to reflect the new changes

please PM me stuff that should be added... theres a LOT of work to do on it

also if anyone has any pictures of stolen item skill icons please update the wiki. it REALLY REALLY needs the help. all my SS's while i had a stolen weapon dont seem to show the icon
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    i liek te stabby stabbyz

1) Enemies do not autoface. NPCs will autoface after they finish the attack animation
    2) The Thief videos imply that is correct. NPCs will not reset when you stealth.
    When something resets to its spawn location (because you run out of their range for example) they walk back (instead of run like in certain other MMOs), but you can still damage them and they will come back to you, fighting, if you are back in the range. I am not exactly sure when they reset with full health at their spawn but I do know for sure that if you run back with them and damage them they will not reset their health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    When something resets to its spawn location (because you run out of their range for example) they walk back (instead of run like in certain other MMOs), but you can still damage them and they will come back to you, fighting, if you are back in the range. I am not exactly sure when they reset with full health at their spawn but I do know for sure that if you run back with them and damage them they will not reset their health.
    that post is old... like... from around the time of the first press beta maybe before
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    So I only just noticed that Combined Tactics, the trait that returns initiative after using a dual skill... was removed entirely.

Sadface. Guess I'll go for Backstab builds instead.

Also: Bountiful Theft was changed, it now grants Protection and Regeneration to allies instead. Support Thieves are still somewhat possible, but it still all comes through traits and utility skills, and is on ridiculously long CDs.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-15 at 02:35 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.