10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i'm afraid that's not really possible, unless you already have a bigger version of it that just needs to be made into the right size. taking a small image like yours and making is bigger usually looks horrible :/
    Sy just curious, but what sort of sorcery are you using to make the pictures smaller? And i was going to take a pic of my beloved Sir Oinks A Lot for a new avatar but 100% had a brain fart on taking screen shots until the end of beta weekend T.T

PS: Glytch is throw gunk on a thief different then it is on a ranger? Because when i used it it hit the guy and like exploded to everyone around them as well, it did no field but i believe it created a blast effect...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Sy just curious, but what sort of sorcery are you using to make the pictures smaller? And i was going to take a pic of my beloved Sir Oinks A Lot for a new avatar but 100% had a brain fart on taking screen shots until the end of beta weekend T.T

PS: Glytch is throw gunk on a thief different then it is on a ranger? Because when i used it it hit the guy and like exploded to everyone around them as well, it did no field but i believe it created a blast effect...
    it creates a "field" of crap on the ground after it hits, when it hits is when the 1 random condition is applied

also there is no burst trait with it either

steals are more like environmental weapons, they have the same effects (like a lava rock steal is the same as an environmental lavarock, might be different on damage tho)

tho one of them is axe, which is basically an aoe channeled axe like the warrior move

funnily enough i can steal that from a ranger =)
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-03 at 09:07 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    it creates a "field" of crap on the ground after it hits, when it hits is when the 1 random condition is applied

steals are more like environmental weapons, they have the same effects (like a lava rock steal is the same as an environmental lavarock, might be different on damage tho)

tho one of them is axe, which is basically an aoe channeled axe like the warrior move

You thieves and your thievery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sy just curious, but what sort of sorcery are you using to make the pictures smaller?
    photoshop.
    more specifically, i select a part i want to use while holding down shift, to make it a perfect square. then i crop this part (deleting the whole rest) and change the picture size to 100x100 pixels.

after that, in case you are interested, i usually use the sharpen-tool and sometimes brightness/contrast and lighting corrections, which all help to make the picture look more clear and defined, even at this small size.
    also, borders! they are awesome. i make them by selecting 1-pixel wide of the pic on every side and color it black (duh ^^) then select 1-pixel wide again just next to that first simple border. i color this 2nd selection black too, but on another layer, which i then reduce to somewhere between 15% and 50% opacity. that gives the border a softer look and makes the picture stand out better.
    lastly, i use the save-for-web option to save it as jpg with somewhere around 70-95% quality to put it just below 10kb (mmo-champion now allows 20kb, but there isn't really any reason to make it bigger unless it's animated. the quality loss is literally unnoticeable)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    photoshop.
    more specifically, i select a part i want to use while holding down shift, to make it a perfect square. then i crop this part (deleting the whole rest) and change the picture size to 100x100 pixels.

after that, in case you are interested, i usually use the sharpen-tool and sometimes brightness/contrast and lighting corrections, which all help to make the picture look more clear and defined, even at this small size.
    also, borders! they are awesome. i make them by selecting 1-pixel wide of the pic on every side and color it black (duh ^^) then select 1-pixel wide again just next to that first simple border. i color this 2nd selection black too, but on another layer, which i then reduce to somewhere between 15% and 50% opacity. that gives the border a softer look and makes the picture stand out better.
    lastly, i use the save-for-web option to save it as jpg with somewhere around 70-95% quality to put it just below 10kb (mmo-champion now allows 20kb, but there isn't really any reason to make it bigger unless it's animated. the quality loss is literally unnoticeable)
    So in short, you indeed are a wizard xD when i used photo shop i'd shrink things but they never looked as awesome as the ones you did! Thanks for sharing if i ever get my hands on photoshop again i'll likely steal your tricks for my own avatars xD

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 05:03 PM ----------

Was more trying to find out if the environmental weapons work differently among profs, because my faithful companion, Sir Oinks A Lot, was a fan of digging up environmental weapons for me to use against people which were MOST COMMONLY eggs, seeds, and bottles of run but i've also found that gunk stuff while in the swamp and it was (at least i think it was) different from how you, a thief used it...

And not surprised you can steal axes from rangers, i'm still trying to figure out where my ranger keeps all his axes myself, wouldn't be surprised if you got em quite commonly xD
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in short, you indeed are a wizard xD when i used photo shop i'd shrink things but they never looked as awesome as the ones you did! Thanks for sharing if i ever get my hands on photoshop again i'll likely steal your tricks for my own avatars xD

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 05:03 PM ----------

Was more trying to find out if the environmental weapons work differently among profs, because my faithful companion, Sir Oinks A Lot, was a fan of digging up environmental weapons for me to use against people which were MOST COMMONLY eggs, seeds, and bottles of run but i've also found that gunk stuff while in the swamp and it was (at least i think it was) different from how you, a thief used it...

And not surprised you can steal axes from rangers, i'm still trying to figure out where my ranger keeps all his axes myself, wouldn't be surprised if you got em quite commonly xD
    the point was i get the warrior axe move, not the ranger one =p
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    the point was i get the warrior axe move, not the ranger one =p
    I bet you just get Random Martial weapon from warrior/ranger (that they can use obviously) and then you're supposed to use each stolen thing like a thief will (IE you throw a shield like a frisbee and daze people, got hit by those before they suck...), and i'm PRETTY SURE you can also snag a seed pod from rangers, maybe other things as well, because i know a thief stole from me and then used a seed pod to heal himself...

PS: Did you know you can steal a rifle from ranger pets? I reported that as a bug since my pet, to my knowledge, does not carry a rifle on hand, but everytime a thief (Player or npc) would steal from him they'd get a rifle that'd knock them down and launch their target

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you just get Random Martial weapon from warrior/ranger (that they can use obviously) and then you're supposed to use each stolen thing like a thief will (IE you throw a shield like a frisbee and daze people, got hit by those before they suck...), and i'm PRETTY SURE you can also snag a seed pod from rangers, maybe other things as well, because i know a thief stole from me and then used a seed pod to heal himself...

PS: Did you know you can steal a rifle from ranger pets? I reported that as a bug since my pet, to my knowledge, does not carry a rifle on hand, but everytime a thief (Player or npc) would steal from him they'd get a rifle that'd knock them down and launch their target
    yea, the seed pod creates a healing spring
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, the seed pod creates a healing spring
    Wait yours creates a spring? Or a tree? Because when i planted it a giant tree would grow up and be like LAWLZ!! LoS object that healz peoples suck it ranged!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait yours creates a spring? Or a tree? Because when i planted it a giant tree would grow up and be like LAWLZ!! LoS object that healz peoples suck it ranged!!
    it creates a tree taht has a water field that heals

hence why i called it a spring
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    it creates a tree taht has a water field that heals

hence why i called it a spring
    Well it's a tree, not a spring lol, and water drips down from the branches tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's a tree, not a spring lol, and water drips down from the branches tyvm.
    healing spring creates a water field too

description is fine
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    healing spring creates a water field too

description is fine
    not at all... and healing spring does more then just apply regeneration, it also removes conditions so it's not the same!!

10+ Year Old Account
    gl with getting it again then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like pistol damage is lacking big time from the vids I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Feels like pistol damage is lacking big time from the vids I've seen.
    Its designed that ranged does less damage than melee because melee is a greater risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its designed that ranged does less damage than melee because melee is a greater risk.
    I know, but it seems low for ranged standards.

I tried making a Charr thief in the last BWE, but I felt incredibly squishy and the heal felt like it took forever to recharge. What I want to know is, does it get better? I played a warrior up to level 18 and had a blast, I felt reasonably powerful and sturdy. I don't expect the thief to be able to eat as much damage as the warrior, but was the thief reasonable enough while solo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    I tried making a Charr thief in the last BWE, but I felt incredibly squishy and the heal felt like it took forever to recharge. What I want to know is, does it get better? I played a warrior up to level 18 and had a blast, I felt reasonably powerful and sturdy. I don't expect the thief to be able to eat as much damage as the warrior, but was the thief reasonable enough while solo?
    if you dont like hide in shadows try withdraw, heals for less but more often
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    if you dont like hide in shadows try withdraw, heals for less but more often
    also gives you an evade