... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    put it up on youtube for me to watch please
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Am I only one who don't have second part? My first audio started with "it is not long enough for a cloud..." second .rar contains the same audio.

Glytch this part is 1h 46min 13sec.. my youtube account does not like that. D:

Edit: Mif said 2h... so it all must be in this one rar. >_>
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-06-29 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Am I only one who don't have second part? My first audio started with "it is not long enough for a cloud..." second .rar contains the same audio.

Glytch this part is 1h 46min 13sec.. my youtube account does not like that. D:
    It's a multi part rar file. Both rars are part of the same file. I don't think there is any more.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Ok, cool. Thanks Malthurius ^_^

"Lets talk about thief traps, shadow, I give it increased range...
    But what is the range now?
    I doubled it... lets see what it does.
    What does double mean... like value?
    It was 2500 it is now 5000. It is basically radar range now... it is as far as catapult can shoot.
    One problem we had before was that it will give you loading screen... if it goes too far you will get loading screen"

O_o Some changes...

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 02:24 PM ----------

Reddit has a summary of what was mentioned on discussion:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...w_john_peters/

Thief things:
    -cluster bomb increase cast time, and lower projectile speed
    -devourer venom imobilize reduction from 3 seconds to 2
    -shadow signet increased move speed 25%, AOE blind (240 range), no longer has immobilize
    -signet of agility active ability range increased to 600
    -passive stat bonus on runes increased to 90 from 35, will scale from 10-90 as you level
    -shadow trap range increase
    -tripwire range increased, added 5sec cripple
    -needle trap range increased (ae 500x100), 5-3 sec immob, poison 6sec, 30 second CD
    -scorpion wire, increased projectile speed
    -caltrops now has initial cripple, as well as pulse, will do 2 stacks of bleed for 3sec every second
    -smoke screen duration increased from 7 to 8 seconds
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-06-29 at 11:24 AM.

Newbish question, but do you guys think that thieves have a disadvantage when it comes to weapon swapping? Initiative regenerates at a fairly fixed and slowish pace, so while other professions can burn their cooldowns->swap weapons->burn second set and repeat, thieves don't benefit from swapping weapons unless it's to access situational tools (conditions, range, etc). It makes the thief seem less powerful to me in comparison for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    Newbish question, but do you guys think that thieves have a disadvantage when it comes to weapon swapping? Initiative regenerates at a fairly fixed and slowish pace, so while other professions can burn their cooldowns->swap weapons->burn second set and repeat, thieves don't benefit from swapping weapons unless it's to access situational tools (conditions, range, etc). It makes the thief seem less powerful to me in comparison for some reason.
    I certainly do. I'd previously assumed that they did not share initiative, but then it proved wrong in BWE1. A lot of people have been complaining about it, so I hope something is done about it. The main weakness of Thief is basically that we don't get to fire off very many skills because of the limitation of initiative, relative to what other professions can do with relying entirely on CDs.

IMO, this leads to our auto-attack #1 being the most important ability on each weapon, as well as Initial Strike being the most important trait. So far, the only weapon I've found where most damage does NOT come from #1, is with Pistol/Pistol Unload, and Shortbow Cluster Bomb. But those are also ranged weapons that lack chain attacks.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

My pistol kite build -http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.7.6.10.20.0.20.22.24.0.153.166.170.167.177.3.5.6.456.0.0.470.475.476.0.0.0 .497.0.0.513.0.0.10.30.5.10.15

Not sure on the rune choice though : /

Hey guys, Any of the actual thieves here feel the Bomb Smoke of the downed state a bit off?

Yes, I'm asking you guys. How many times you got away from death by doing that? Im not flaming/trolling, I was in another thread where I posted that I thought it was a bug, everytime I would kill a thief it would just vanish XD, and reaper somewhere near, just for me to go there and vanish again. I just stopped trying eventually.

And Yes, I played a bit with thieves (roughly 12 levels) and I think the initiative regen is too slow, you can still burst well but if the combat lingers a little you are kind screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    How many times you got away from death by doing that?
    Extremely rarely. I basically would have to rely on my enemy to be a retard and run off in some random direction. It's only real usage that I found was to buy a few seconds of breathing room before I went back to uselessly spamming 1 and hoping for a rally.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Extremely rarely. I basically would have to rely on my enemy to be a retard and run off in some random direction. It's only real usage that I found was to buy a few seconds of breathing room before I went back to uselessly spamming 1 and hoping for a rally.
    Dear Drake XD hahaha. Ive discussed with you already this XD. Lets see about their other thieves. I still think the CD should be a lil higher for the thing, for the breathing spaces usually buys you time enough to either escape to a random "good" place, or the distraction of a new enemy coming, that you just cant finish you off right now.

I think the CD on it is fine, usually it just spawns you a few paces from the original place. People can also be smart and just hit you to reduce the rally bar instead of mindlessly spamming F, with that in mind it should stay as it is IMO.

Dear Drake XD hahaha. Ive discussed with you already this XD. Lets see about their other thieves. I still think the CD should be a lil higher for the thing, for the breathing spaces usually buys you time enough to either escape to a random "good" place, or the distraction of a new enemy coming, that you just cant finish you off right now.
    Rarely got away in any pvp scenario. Was good in a group PvE scenario; except, when, you know, it teleported me either into a wall, or under the ground, or some other inescapable place. I mean, you have to hit it right at the beginning of them attempting a finish to have a chance at getting a second one off, and that's if no other players are around. I died quite often, especially in sPvP where people generally knew more of what to do in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    except, when, you know, it teleported me either into a wall, or under the ground, or some other inescapable place.
    So much this... More than once I'd get stuck in a wall. Once in the Vault in Plains of Ashford, I used it to get away from the LAST guy before the skill challenge (who I never got to see killed since people were obsessed with the beta event by then)... and I ended up quite literally behind a wall. Only reason I was able to get out was I already had Shadowstep slotted... otherwise, I'd have been fucked, because I was stuck in combat to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    So much this... More than once I'd get stuck in a wall. Once in the Vault in Plains of Ashford, I used it to get away from the LAST guy before the skill challenge (who I never got to see killed since people were obsessed with the beta event by then)... and I ended up quite literally behind a wall. Only reason I was able to get out was I already had Shadowstep slotted... otherwise, I'd have been fucked, because I was stuck in combat to boot.
    I had this happen underneath the floor, unlucky for me, my shadowstep was not a part of my underwater setup, as I was apparently under water. I had hoped to just die, as this is really the best way to escape this bug unless you're sure of being OOC, but someone killed something I must have hit as I rallied. So lucky for me, I was stuck there, no shadowstep, and unable to tele to a waypoint as I was in combat. Luckily a few people died and someone kited him far enough away that I went OOC and could tele. But I've also had this happen in a battle of Khylo when I went down on the ramps up the clock tower and bombed away straight into the wall. Hoping bug goes away before release (I've screenshot each occurrence along with a bug report).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, Any of the actual thieves here feel the Bomb Smoke of the downed state a bit off?

Yes, I'm asking you guys. How many times you got away from death by doing that? Im not flaming/trolling, I was in another thread where I posted that I thought it was a bug, everytime I would kill a thief it would just vanish XD, and reaper somewhere near, just for me to go there and vanish again. I just stopped trying eventually.

And Yes, I played a bit with thieves (roughly 12 levels) and I think the initiative regen is too slow, you can still burst well but if the combat lingers a little you are kind screwed.
    the skill isnt that bad, the most it needs in any changes would be a 12 second or 13 second CD
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    the skill isnt that bad, the most it needs in any changes would be a 12 second or 13 second CD
    And to adhere to actual shadowstep mechanics.

Deleted
    DrakeWurrum&Glytch: stop being to observant. D: Do not make me doubt my profession choice... *happy memories about stabbing bats in cave and solo-kite-killing group event fish... happy memories*

10+ Year Old Account
    DrakeWurrum&Glytch: stop being to observant. D: Do not make me doubt my profession choice... *happy memories about stabbing bats in cave and solo-kite-killing group event fish... happy memories*
    will you be my thief buddy and partner in crime? i promise ill visit you on...whichever world you finland..ian...s... or however you says it are on

i need a fwend!

i do wish trail of knives didnt take SO LONG to be able to use... i think i only got to use it effectively like... 4 times
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    will you be my thief buddy and partner in crime? i promise ill visit you on...whichever world you finland..ian...s... or however you says it are on

i need a fwend!
    Finns... Yes, we can train riffles... maybe we can start using them within a year or even sooner. I want to be sniper, do you want to learn how to be awesome sniper?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finns... Yes, we can train riffles... maybe we can start using them within a year or even sooner. I want to be sniper, do you want to learn how to be awesome sniper?

yes please!

will you help me train?
    The Original Ganksta