Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    All depends on traits and the runes on gear. I know BWE1 I went just stupid survival, for the LOLs. I runed up protection/vitality and had traited almost fully Acrobatics and Shadow Arts and was using sword/dagger and shortbow. Suffice to say I was nigh unkillable and could escape any situation. I'll admit it was fun, although my dmg was just awful at range (not bad in melee). In BWE2 I went the other way, using sword/dagger and double pistol. I was really pushing out some serious dmg in sPvP but I did feel pretty squishy. Both weekends I scored fairly well in the end (I wasn't first, but I was usually 2nd or 3rd). I did have a harder time soloing the NPC bosses in the forest map on BWE2 with a pure dmg makeup.

I still highly enjoy the survival makeup for WvW though, essentially playing a support thief that is hard to kill. Using smokescreens and smokebombs to avoid dmg for the group and traps as a form of semi flank protection.
    Your right i'll try that survival build, I like the idea But i love to stay up close, i'll try it.

As of NPCs: yea, it's a hard job killing higher npcs, i had my bad time with my combo *| sword/pistol - dagger/dagger |* i am not good with NPCs, even in PvE. I always use Shortbow when battling PvE content.

Edit:
    Can't wait to see BWE3 thief changes (if any) and of course when everything goes live...
    I want to see the changed down state for thieves. ANet says that they will longer the CD, we'll see.
    Last edited by Baloneyz; 2012-06-30 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    ANet says that they will longer the CD, we'll see.
    Sigh, I seriously hope not. It's one of those abilities where, in the current incarnation, it's powerful enough to piss off the enemy, but weak enough that the person uses it thinks it's underpowered.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Sigh, I seriously hope not. It's one of those abilities where, in the current incarnation, it's powerful enough to piss off the enemy, but weak enough that the person uses it thinks it's underpowered.
    It can piss the enemy too many times. The use is about right, you can even increase the range a little. So I think its fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if they turn it into a 20 second cooldown, and make the current #3 into the #2 ability on a much shorter CD (and perhaps make it more useful than just random aoe damage), then I damn well getter get to choose where I teleport to.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Honestly, if they turn it into a 20 second cooldown, and make the current #3 into the #2 ability on a much shorter CD (and perhaps make it more useful than just random aoe damage), then I damn well getter get to choose where I teleport to.
    I cant speak for other thief downed skills, but facing a thief it was damn annoying. I dont mind if they could choose where, thats fine. But seriously, it worked 80% of the time. Too annoying to go after. cause you usually have more pressing matters to attend, making the skill too annoying to deal.

And please dont say Im an idiot (cause youve done before) xD. Wasnt a matter of brains or anything. My whole team agreed that they just left the thieves alone haha, easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    But seriously, it worked 80% of the time.
    This is a common trick that your brain plays on you. It's like when you lose 40-60% of BGs, you're going to feel like you lose every single one. Looking at it realistically, I still say that it's only worked for me 9 times out of 10. And 3 of the other times resulted in me literally getting stuck inside a wall or an object, which doesn't work for me.

The thing is that, despite how annoying the Smoke Bomb is, a downed Thief doesn't really do anything. An Elementalist gets to immobilize one guy. A Warrior can knock a person down. An Engineer can pull an enemy to him (and if he realizes it's a losing battle, self-destruct). A Guardian can still heal allies while downed even.

But a Thief only has two spells besides the teleport: a no cooldown spam-attack that does practically no damage (standard for all auto skills when Downed) and applies a Poison. The other attack has a... I'm not sure of the CD, but it's fairly mediocre, and it does a bouncing ranged attack for minimal damage. The Poison is mildly useful, but most of the time I feel like my only goal when Downed, (besides the obvious attempt to rally) is to be distracting.

The reason it annoys people is because Thief is the one class where Finish Them! is a bad choice. Is that a bad thing? I would argue that more classes need that. Mesmers can do a targeted teleport, btw, but I hear nobody bitching about them because there's no stealth. Maybe that teleport needs to leave a Decoy behind that you auto-target, with like a 1-second stealth. Warriors can do Vengeance, but nobody bitches about them because it guarantees death afterwards. Maybe it needs to give you a 100% chance to Rally if you succeed in a kill, but reduce how much HP you rise up with.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-01 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well this was worth watching

The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    well this was worth watching

This was interesting and made very good. Just one thing, he is not dealing the most DPS he can, maybe for the sake of this video, but his build is not to good. I guess it works for him and that is important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maximizing DPS isn't the most important objective in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was interesting and made very good. Just one thing, he is not dealing the most DPS he can, maybe for the sake of this video, but his build is not to good. I guess it works for him and that is important.
    I hope for the love of god this is sarcasm.... If not I wonder when people will start realizing going for MOAR DAMAGEZ!! isn't going to get you anywhere.... Whelp if they never foggier it out drake I have a feeling we will be seen as Gods Walking Amongst Mere Mortals as we crush face and not die in 2 hits...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope for the love of god this is sarcasm.... If not I wonder when people will start realizing going for MOAR DAMAGEZ!! isn't going to get you anywhere....
    People need to realise that getting rid of the holy trinity included getting rid of the DPS role as well.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-07-02 at 04:05 AM.

I love the people that go for MAX DPS!!!!! I feel like a king of kings even in my survival build, LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the people that go for MAX DPS!!!!! I feel like a king of kings even in my survival build, LOL.
    lol first beta when absolutely no one went for defensive stats period i was literally a GOD, no one could touch me, i would go 1v5 on a regular basis and walk out at full HP and all of them dead after like 5 auto attacks lol!! 2nd beta, not so much but it was still pretty ridiculous how unkillable i was, and i wasn't even going as D heavy as in the first beta xD Then again my pet did bug out a bit in pvp which lead to my untimely demise, but when he was working... god he hit like a freight!! *awaiting master's bond nerf*
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    People need to realise that getting rid of the holy trinity included getting rid of the DPS role as well.
    That's the sad thing about most people who read that about GW2. They assume that there's no tanking/healing and that everybody is DPS.

The truth is that tanking/healing wasn't removed. It was given to the DPS, so that the DPS have to tank and heal. You ignore tanking and healing, you're ignoring 2/3rds of your job.

Maximizing DPS isn't the most important objective in GW2.
    I hope for the love of god this is sarcasm.... If not I wonder when people will start realizing going for MOAR DAMAGEZ!! isn't going to get you anywhere.... Whelp if they never foggier it out drake I have a feeling we will be seen as Gods Walking Amongst Mere Mortals as we crush face and not die in 2 hits...
    No, no, no. I haven't meant that he must go for max DPS. Hack, even I don't go for it. Everyone has their own build and the way of playing and that's what i love about GW2. I am just saying that there is a better build versus a Warrior if he wants to show how to beat one, nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no. I haven't meant that he must go for max DPS. Hack, even I don't go for it. Everyone has their own build and the way of playing and that's what i love about GW2. I am just saying that there is a better build versus a Warrior if he wants to show how to beat one, nothing else.
    the video was mostly about how to survive long enough against one and for the purposes of his video his skills were perfectly fine. personally i would have taken withdraw to give me more outs from bolas but whatever works
    The Original Ganksta

I think I'm going to go pistol/dagger. Not because it's better, but because I'm going to be a god damned pirate. YARRR MOTHER F---ERS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I think I'm going to go pistol/dagger. Not because it's better, but because I'm going to be a god damned pirate. YARRR MOTHER F---ERS.
    why not s/p then?
    The Original Ganksta

I could do that too, but it has to involve a pistol. The swords don't really look like pirate rapiers. Daggers are more rogueish anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some swords that look rapier-like, but it's also worth noting that pirates don't necessarily wield rapiers. There's also cutlasses and broadswords and more. Pirates will kill you with a broom if they have to.