10+ Year Old Account
    thieves already have 4 profession exclusive abilities init, stealth moves, steal, dual skills

of course youd love to see it implemented all the things you want to see implemented are just straight power buffs with no concern for the consequences

did you ever consider what changing CnD does? it ruins any stealth centric builds. x/d is THE stealth weapon like it or not. funny considering you want stealth to be the profession mechanic

this is plain OP and silly and turns thief into SPAM ALL THE PROFESSION MOVES
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    did you ever consider what changing CnD does? it ruins any stealth centric builds. x/d is THE stealth weapon like it or not. funny considering you want stealth to be the profession mechanic
    Point of it would be to make steal more centric to the profession instead of specifically X/Dagger (or HiS builds).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Frankly, I'd love to see this change implemented, and then change CnD to be something else. Stealth just makes more sense, to me, as a real profession mechanic.
    Um... cloak and dagger would be changed to what exactly? Because atm it fits the name very well.... oh wait you'd probably want it to apply 20 stacks of might to you and 20 stacks of vuln to the enemy for 2 minutes...

And what sort of ridiculous nonsense is that garbage steal design? that's not a steal system at all!! It just seems like nonsense!! no idea why you'd want that, but maybe it's because you're just to dark for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um... cloak and dagger would be changed to what exactly? Because atm it fits the name very well.... oh wait you'd probably want it to apply 20 stacks of might to you and 20 stacks of vuln to the enemy for 2 minutes...
    Okay, the both of you are frankly taking this to ridiculously insulting extremes, and this needs to stop. Please be civil, or shut up entirely. This has absolutely nothing to do with trying to make this a raw power increase, but to make our profession mechanic more interesting, let alone less random.

As it stands, the current Steal sucks. Not because it's weak, but because I have absolutely no reason to think about how to use it. I have never found a fight or a situation where I need to carefully think about when or how to use Steal, or the stolen skill. I use Steal, and then if the enemy isn't near death already, I instantly use the stolen item. The only time I hold onto it is when I steal something that makes me stealth, and ONLY if I've recently stealthed and been Revealed.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-25 at 01:28 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point of it would be to make steal more centric to the profession instead of specifically X/Dagger (or HiS builds).
    How in gods name would that make steal more centric to the profession? The profession is about being a klepto, cunning, and adaptable, that nonsense mechanic suggestion does none of those things...

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 08:25 PM ----------

Okay, the both of you are frankly taking this to ridiculously insulting extremes, and this needs to stop. Please be civil, or shut up entirely.
    I didn't insult you i insulted the idea
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't insult you i insulted the idea
    No, you directly insulted me with your implication of how I'd want to make it a ridiculously overpowered change. Glytch is much doing the same thing, and instead of trying to discuss the concept in a civil manner, is just resorting to being insulting.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-25 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    cept thieves arent all about stealth, which is why non stealth builds are possible

if you're upset you cant stealth underwater then tell anet to hurry up on giving refuge and powder UW functionality

if you want to run p/p and have lots of stealth well guess what you're kinda SOL there. thats the tradeoff for taking x/d. if you're hellbent on stealth p/p then you have utils for that, in fact 4 reliable ways to stealth with p/p (bp, SR, shadow trap, HnS) not to mention trait for stealth steal. any profession skill based stealth move would make stealth builds worse than what they currently are since it will need to have a long CD. the tradeoff for stealth right now is the init cost of CnDing over and over which is expensive without IoS, which is good

you're upset with steal b/c you just dont use it right. you said you never pay attention to your steals and spam them off after you use steal. thats why you dont like steal and find it worthless.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you directly insulted me with your implication of how I'd want to make it a ridiculously overpowered change.
    I didn't -insult- you, i was throwing something absolutely random (and quite exaggerated in there to ensure you saw how random it was) because frankly a lot of your suggestions have nothing to do with the weapon or name or any of that sort.... and either way, i fail to see how if steal gets revamped to be that silly suggested system why CnD would even change.... like, seriously, that's like saying "Oh whelp we adjusted the ranger mechanic to not be a pet, so we're changing barrage on the longbow"

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you directly insulted me with your implication of how I'd want to make it a ridiculously overpowered change. Glytch is much doing the same thing, and instead of trying to discuss the concept in a civil manner, is just resorting to being insulting.
    8/10 is attacking your argument, the other 2 are chastising you and your history of armchair designing which always turns out to be a shortsighted and takes more away from the gameplay you are trying to fix than it adds to it
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    cept thieves arent all about stealth, which is why non stealth builds are possible

if you're upset you cant stealth underwater then tell anet to hurry up on giving refuge and powder UW functionality

if you want to run p/p and have lots of stealth well guess what you're kinda SOL there. thats the tradeoff for taking x/d. if you're hellbent on stealth p/p then you have utils for that, in fact 4 reliable ways to stealth with p/p (bp, SR, shadow trap, HnS) not to mention trait for stealth steal. any profession skill based stealth move would make stealth builds worse than what they currently are since it will need to have a long CD. the tradeoff for stealth right now is the init cost of CnDing over and over which is expensive without IoS, which is good

you're upset with steal b/c you just dont use it right. you said you never pay attention to your steals and spam them off after you use steal. thats why you dont like steal and find it worthless.
    in all honesty P/P shouldn't be super stealthy i mean for crying out loud have you HEARD these ancient fancy clockwork unreloading pistols? It's kinda like "Oh look, he just shot at me, i wonder where he's at..."

10+ Year Old Account
    in all honesty P/P shouldn't be super stealthy i mean for crying out loud have you HEARD these ancient fancy clockwork unreloading pistols? It's kinda like "Oh look, he just shot at me, i wonder where he's at..."
    x/p gives up the stealth from x/d to gain control in the form of a daze and smoke cloud from which to spam off blind projs with p/x or to protect yourself and allow a HS->BS with x/d

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 08:37 PM ----------

just as an aside, i was hoping our 100th page to be more... fruitful than this
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    x/p gives up the stealth from x/d to gain control in the form of a daze and smoke cloud from which to spam off blind projs with p/x or to protect yourself and allow a HS->BS with x/d
    Personally i have a massive boner for P/D and S/P, but that's just me xD, the funny part is i don't even like S/P for pistol whip... infact, i think i've only used that skill like twice...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pistol/Pistol thief here... looking to start farming for my exotic set w/ karma. I can't figure out which one is going to be the best one. Im leaning towards the Grenth set mainly because it has the least healing power on it but it stats are high cond damage, high precision, but very low power. On the other hand Lyssa has the best balance between power and precision with low cond damage but also has a pretty high healing power. I have no idea what to do.

I despise thiefs with all my soul, so I'm gonna post a little tip here for every other player who might be reading it: if you cc thief and he goes stealth -- keep hitting air and/or drop big nice aoe at this place. He'll keep taking damage. I've killed countless thiefs that way by not stopping 100b after they disappear into thin air. Nothing feels better in gw2 than seeing a downed thief few seconds later few steps away. No there is one thing -- finishing him off.

Deleted
    Personally i have a massive boner for P/D and S/P, but that's just me xD, the funny part is i don't even like S/P for pistol whip... infact, i think i've only used that skill like twice...
    P/D is something I just keep returning to...I love the weaving in and out style that it offers.

Of all the weapons I'd say sword is my least played...on paper is seems like something I'd love, shadow-stepping in and out...but, I find I'm a bit clumsy with it - I'd rather use separate shadowstep in abilities and the pistol shadowstep away...it's the timer on the shadow return that keeps tripping me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    P/D is something I just keep returning to...I love the weaving in and out style that it offers.

Of all the weapons I'd say sword is my least played...on paper is seems like something I'd love, shadow-stepping in and out...but, I find I'm a bit clumsy with it - I'd rather use separate shadowstep in abilities and the pistol shadowstep away...it's the timer on the shadow return that keeps tripping me up.
    Infiltrator really is the weakest link of s/x

It def feels clunky. I almost wish it was a single skill but that'd take away from the co trol you have over the skill
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    Pistol/Pistol thief here... looking to start farming for my exotic set w/ karma. I can't figure out which one is going to be the best one. Im leaning towards the Grenth set mainly because it has the least healing power on it but it stats are high cond damage, high precision, but very low power. On the other hand Lyssa has the best balance between power and precision with low cond damage but also has a pretty high healing power. I have no idea what to do.

Oh no!! You may have healing power on your gear!! What ever will you do?!? *rolls eyes* I personally am gonna buy the armor and then just transmute it onto gear I like the stats of...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    You don't want full on damage stats. You will die, a lot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What gear would u recommend then i want ro be go pistol pistol and pure damage with a nice survivability on the side

I'd say Valkyrie with blood sigils. Spec into crit strikes and around 20 trickery plus the awesome Acrobatics 20 trait 2 initiative per 10secs and you're pretty set. Keep a sword in your other set for on demand stuns.