Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    An Asura as my Elementalist.Not sure what weapon combo's yet yet because I'm trying not to spoil it for myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was posted yet, but Yogscast just put out their Elementalist spotlight. Overwhelming is definitely the first thing that came to mind at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    Not sure if this was posted yet, but Yogscast just put out their Elementalist spotlight. Overwhelming is definitely the first thing that came to mind at the end.
    Yeah, it didn't really sink in how many abilities they have, until then.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 05:41 PM ----------

oi too slow

Lewis is still making comments like daggers need to have a further range... Uhhhh, WORKING AS INTENDED! Nice to see the Ice and Air elementals from glyphs in play though, I hadn't seen those in previous videos. Also, I hadn't thought about it.. but if I'm running as Staff or Scepter/Focus and need to switch to melee for a second those summoned weapons would really come in handy. I was having trouble placing why they'd be used in a practical setting before getting to see them used.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

I thought that they did a much better job with this one than previous ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 05:41 PM ----------

oi too slow
    its its, its beautiful! can we have this game now please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Don't associate armor type or even distance with survivability!
    if they cant catch me they cant KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEE

TEEHEEHEE
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

as for now, i'm probably going for a dagger/focus elem with an earth/fire spec like http://www.gw2tools.com/calc/#t-el-p...aa.Xcb.aaa.Xaa
    earth spec = more dmg on conditions + die-hard bonuses
    fire spec = moar damage + longer conditions duration... (burn more plz?)
    10 remaining points in arcane to get +15% speed when using a dagger
    Last edited by sacrypheyes; 2012-03-01 at 01:10 AM.

So many choices for Elementalist. I can't decide until I actually play it. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    So many choices for Elementalist. I can't decide until I actually play it. ._.
    I would describe most professions this way.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I would describe most professions this way.
    Damn you Arenanet!

10+ Year Old Account

The build I made. Yeah the ele interests me again after looking over the skills and traits. Can't wait to try out this build for myself!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    Staff. I can't imagine my little Asura Toaster without her staff.

Stereotypical archmage of the entire universe, hooo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post

Stereotypical archmage of the entire universe, hooo!
    Haha =)

Yeah judging by the class coverage videos from the Yogscast the Elementalist seems to be the whole package. It's got pretty much everything you could possibly want, which can both be good and bad.

Deleted
    God I can't wait to play one of these as an alt. Looks so intricate and entertaining to play!!

They seriously should stop with all this beta testing and give it now =(

I'm probably going to find it hard to play Elementalist. I have a perhaps-ridiculous obsession with lightning-based abilities in any game I play (my super-power of choice, if a magical genie were to grant me one? super-conductor electromagnetism), and it seems the elementalist's toolkit is balanced around willingness to switch to the element best suited to the encounter mechanics and your group.

I could probably DO it, I'd just feel a twinge of dissatisfaction every time I feel like I "have" to switch to non-air magic. There's a reason my two primary characters in City of Heroes are Ele/Ele Blaster and Ele/Ele Stalker. :S
    I would have made an Ele/Ele Brute, Tanker, and Scrapper as well... if all three of those, plus the Stalker, weren't so ridiculously alike.
    I feel pretty much the same way, but for me its the earth magic. I'm all over any game that lets me rip rocks up ot of the ground to make walls, or impale my enemies. Sadly, not as common as lightning.

That said i really wish that there was some way we could sacrifice 1 or 2 of elemental attunements, for the ability to switch weapons. That way i could just sit in earth all the time and not feel like i'm gimping myself. Hopefully they add some way to specialize into one element somewhere down the road. Fire is just sooo lame imo

kinda felt the same way about not being able to swap weapons as elementalist, i feel like i may be limited at some point as not being able to swap weapons means you basicaly have the same range for all your skills (ie quite short as i intend to stick to dagger/focus at start) even if you already get 20 of them. not to mention it'd increase the skill cap a bit too (not that it's that low atm imo but still).

If you look at some of the traits, they buff not the regular skills (though some do like Geo/Pyro/Hydro/Aeromancer's alacrity) but ones like writ in stone (never lose signet passive effect) and another earth magic one (can't remember the name but it makes signets recharge faster) make it seem like your elementalist traits try to buff all aspects of your game experience (esp since i'm going fire heavy d/d, writ in stone's effect will synergyize with the healing signet, signet of fire, and air signet giving me perma swiftness, might, and regen)

Last edited by Sengel; 2012-03-02 at 01:01 AM.