Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    That video in the OP almost guaranteed that I'm picking up a scepter and focus Elementalist

Editted in a link to build: Build
    Which video? =o

The exhibition match? That guy is literally the only decent Ele I've seen so far, and he's a DEVELOPER I think.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-27 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the first 5 skills of the elementalist is effected by your attunements correct? Like say I can be fired attune and use the earth shield ability in my uitility at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Only the first 5 skills of the elementalist is effected by your attunements correct? Like say I can be fired attune and use the earth shield ability in my uitility at the same time?
    Yes, it's the same as any other class swapping weapons.

First five are dependent on your weapon and attunement, last 5 are independent.

First 3 are mainhand, last 2 are offhand. Unless your a thief and using a 2-hand, in which case for the thief your mainhand AND offhand will determine your 3rd skill, and if it's a 2-hand then all five abilities are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldril View Post
    Another thing is that I am pretty confident that "Written in Stone" will undergo a redesign or some sort of change. The current form of this trait is not so creative and boring in term of game play. Signets are designed to make players choose to activate for an immediate effect or use passive effects on it. Written in Stone just destroy this dilemma and I do not think that it is a good thing.
    I don't agree with this statement. Written in Stone doesn't remove the dilemma of signets but rather moves it to a different choice.

If you were planning to put points in the earth traitline for attribute points or minor traits, you're forced to choose between several major traits. And if earth has an equal amount of major traits as fire, we've only seen half of them.

If you weren't planning to put points in the Earth line, you're now forced to dump at least 10 points in in in order to get access to the trait.

And in order to maximise the effect of the trait, one should have enough healing/utility skills that are signets. If you have 1 signet and 2 cantrips, it might be a better option to focus on traits that effect cantrips rather than signets.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, but attunements themselves also give various boosts, and traits will cause more boosts to happen from being in an attunement.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Well as far as I saw in talent calculator, there is a glyph which stores some of your abilities from not current attunement. Not sure how does exactly it work tho =)

Btw, any pictures about current elementalists weapons/equipment available?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Well as far as I saw in talent calculator, there is a glyph which stores some of your abilities from not current attunement. Not sure how does exactly it work tho =)

Btw, any pictures about current elementalists weapons/equipment available?
    I'd imagine it works like echo did
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm... the only thing I dislike about going dagger/dagger and focusing on air and water is that... it would seem I don't provide any combo fields (as far as the current wiki knows).
    Maybe I should see if I benefit from any O_o

Also: based on the elementalist-specific stat, and the fact that we don't get weapon sets, I keep thinking that most Elementalist builds would favor spreading their Traits across all four elements.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-28 at 11:53 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hrm... the only thing I dislike about going dagger/dagger and focusing on air and water is that... it would see I don't provide any combo fields (as far as the current wiki knows).

Also: based on the elementalist-specific stat, and the fact that we don't get weapon sets, I keep thinking that most Elementalist builds would favor spreading their Traits across all four elements.
    you can still jump to another atunement if you want to set up a field
    The Original Ganksta

Hrm... the only thing I dislike about going dagger/dagger and focusing on air and water is that... it would seem I don't provide any combo fields (as far as the current wiki knows).

Ring of fire produces Fire effect field.

I think many elementalists will spec heavily into one or two traits line and spread other to the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldril View Post
    Ring of fire produces Fire effect field.

I think many elementalists will spec heavily into one or two traits line and spread other to the rest.
    I mean, i guess I could swap to fire just to put that down, but then I'd be stuck in fire until my attunements recharge to let me swap back to air, which is what I plan on traiting for.
    I'm also likely to put a bunch of traits into Arcane so that I can improve my conjured Lightning Hammer as much as possible, and then drop the last 10 into water. (I currently think it's a mistake that the traits improving conjured weapons are in fire, on the wiki)

So I'll likely be 30 Arcane, 30 Air, and 10 Water (maybe).
    Depending on what traits I really need from Arcane, though, maybe I'll go 20/30/20.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-29 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, i guess I could swap to fire just to put that down, but then I'd be stuck in fire until my attunements recharge to let me swap back to air, which is what I plan on traiting for.
    I'm also likely to put a bunch of traits into Arcane so that I can improve my conjured Lightning Hammer as much as possible, and then drop the last 10 into water. (I currently think it's a mistake that the traits improving conjured weapons are in fire, on the wiki)

So I'll likely be 30 Arcane, 30 Air, and 10 Water (maybe).
    Depending on what traits I really need from Arcane, though, maybe I'll go 20/30/20.
    well the conjured weapons arent really about their individual elements, you could make frost bow fire bow and no one would know the difference

fire is the aggressive tree (along with lightning) so it does kind of make sense
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    well the conjured weapons arent really about their individual elements
    I like lightning. @.@

Ooh, my Lightning Hammer puts a combo field down, good good.

I'm going to max my fire/lightning traits first. And then go for better defence/healing/attunement switching. Hard to say now, when not all trait has been released (especially last ones). Can't say for sure if I'm going to the end of each line or just spend unused in other lines.

I'm having doubts about Elementalist now.

I should have never gone to GW2guru, that place corrupted my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'm having doubts about Elementalist now.

I should have never gone to GW2guru, that place corrupted my mind.
    Lol what did they say?

Lol what did they say?
    Basically what any MMO forum says about every single class.

Either, "Buff us we're underpowered qq" or "god they're so op"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Basically what any MMO forum says about every single class.

Either, "Buff us we're underpowered qq" or "god they're so op"
    I am a LITTLE worried about dual dagger elementalists. Playing that close seems deadly with cloth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a LITTLE worried about dual dagger elementalists. Playing that close seems deadly with cloth.
    Don't associate armor type or even distance with survivability!