Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatters View Post
    I know I found it to be pretty bada**. With my build i'm trying to work around a tanky death shroud build, that supports by keeping conditions off of my allies and using them to heal, while also healing them through drains. I want most the damage coming out of the conditions i'm stacking on my opponent, so i'm thinking to win through duration. I used the fiend because I felt I might have been a lil vulnerable towards casters.
    Sounds neat, i hope it works out for you. I also noticed you are missing 2 traits in Blood Magic and Soul Reaping. I'll look at your build a bit more and post again on what i think after hearing your input on the choices you made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    My build: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5h5i5j5r5u5v6b
    Mainly PvP Thinking about dropping 15% less CD on daggers for having Death Shroud a longer time, but donno..

Deleted
    Dual Dagger Life Stealing / Deathshroud oriented

Need critics and advice ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realities View Post
    Dual Dagger Life Stealing / Deathshroud oriented

Need critics and advice ?
    I don't know how strong Deathshroud is so I don't want to say this really but I think you've based your spec way to much on deathshroud. Personally I'm just taking a little into deathshroud (saying once again, I don't know how strong and often you'll have it) and then more into Life Stealing / Conditions also I'm using minions as utility mainly so I can abuse the lifestealing via minions (trait) and have them looking my target / make me teleport (worms). But that's me personally.
    If Deathshroud is up much/strong it'll be very good to use,

Deleted
    From what I hear the Deathshroud cooldown reduction trait is amazing due to the fact that Deathshroud breaks stuns. So even if the abilities are lame you can just pop in and out quickly for a very low cooldown stun breaker.

Edit: Oh and yeah, you retain your unspent lifeforce when you swap back from Deathshroud so once the cooldown is up you can use it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    From what I hear the Deathshroud cooldown reduction trait is amazing due to the fact that Deathshroud breaks stuns. So even if the abilities are lame you can just pop in and out quickly for a very low cooldown stun breaker.

Edit: Oh and yeah, you retain your unspent lifeforce when you swap back from Deathshroud so once the cooldown is up you can use it again.
    About your edit, did not know. Thanks for that info

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I don't know how strong Deathshroud is so I don't want to say this really but I think you've based your spec way to much on deathshroud. Personally I'm just taking a little into deathshroud (saying once again, I don't know how strong and often you'll have it) and then more into Life Stealing / Conditions also I'm using minions as utility mainly so I can abuse the lifestealing via minions (trait) and have them looking my target / make me teleport (worms). But that's me personally.
    If Deathshroud is up much/strong it'll be very good to use,
    From the videos i've seen (mostly from a mesmers perspective sadly) when a necromancer goes into deathshroud shit starts to die lol. I was watching one where the necro got down to like 25% health without dealing like any damage, popped death shroud and killed the dude attacking him, so i highly doubt it's weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Have you guys ever given it a second of thought as to where the devs got the inspiration for Death Shroud from?

Be patient till 0:25 seconds, and then you'll see where Arenanet dug it up from

I always wanted to be a phantom shooting energy around, Guild Wars II, bless you <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post

But the abilities aren't lame! O_O
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    From the videos i've seen (mostly from a mesmers perspective sadly) when a necromancer goes into deathshroud shit starts to die lol. I was watching one where the necro got down to like 25% health without dealing like any damage, popped death shroud and killed the dude attacking him, so i highly doubt it's weak.
    Here's a really good pvp video of an ArenaNet dev playing the Necro:

Deathshroud, from what I've seen is an awesome tool and should not be ignore.

It's a second life bar, with powerful abilties to boot and with the correct traits, you can gain stability, fury and area heal when your life force is depleted. I'm sure you can get even more buffs from it, but I haven't checked it out that much.

It has a powerful nuke that can hit rather hard, a teleport, a fear and some sort of AoE drain ability. Not exactly sure why someone would call these abilities "lame"

Deleted
    FYI I never said it was lame nor that it was bad. I just said I had no clue about how good it was.
    I see now that it's an awesome tool and should be very handy but I don't think A-net has balanced us around using it as a damage tool really, I think it's more situational and will be used a lot in PvP.
    Another good build could be an easy Curses / Minion Master to be abusing LoS etc. Minions hitting the enemy while conditions are rolling, meanwhile you can use teleport, slow etc via explosions of your minions.
    And even if you don't use trait into deathshroud it won't be bad, and even though you don't put traits into curses your conditions won't be bad. You'll just have to find what fits your gameplay I think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    It has a powerful nuke that can hit rather hard, a teleport, a fear and some sort of AoE drain ability. Not exactly sure why someone would call these abilities "lame"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    This has been changed to a trap-like mechanic, so you only teleport to the spot if your enemy enters the circle you placed.
    So sad when we see on the video how great it could be

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, when did that change?

Dark Path Send out a claw. If this attack hits an enemy, you teleport to that foe and Chill nearby enemies.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Didn't notice that either. That was one of the more cool abilities in deathshroud.

Not exactly sure why you'd want to charge somebody in deathshroud, since the other 3 abilities are all ranged and being hit drains your life force, which means that Life Blast will hit for less.
    Last edited by Bonkbonk100; 2012-03-05 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    This will be the first one I'm gonna try out. Max. minions with life steal and a little death shroud improvement. All together aiming at durability.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...585f5h5j5r5u6b

Still couldn't figure out how to post that as a pic including the link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't notice that either. That was one of the more cool abilities in deathshroud.

Not exactly sure why you'd want to charge somebody in deathshroud, since the other 3 abilities are all ranged and being hit drains your life force, which means that Life Blast will hit for less.
    Because it chills everyone nearby and chill is an evil condition that snares them by 66% and increases the time their spells are recharging by 66% so if a spell normally take 1 second to recharge it takes 1.66 seconds it'll kinda force em to only use 1 skill or put all their other skills on a pretty nasty CD
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Because it chills everyone nearby and chill is an evil condition that snares them by 66% and increases the time their spells are recharging by 66% so if a spell normally take 1 second to recharge it takes 1.66 seconds it'll kinda force em to only use 1 skill or put all their other skills on a pretty nasty CD
    I know what chill does, but I still wouldn't use that ability versus anything melee related. Personal opinion.

Instead of being a charge, it should just apply a truckload of nasty conditions instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what chill does, but I still wouldn't use that ability versus anything melee related. Personal opinion.

Instead of being a charge, it should just apply a truckload of nasty conditions instead.
    lol idk i kinda like charging melee, mostly because when a caster charges into melee range, you know something horrible is about to happen to you and it usually causes them to pop defensive CD's or run away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Think Im gonna try this build: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5h5i5j5r5u5v6b
    Open for critique
    lol i don't understand what everyone likes so much about staff and double dagger... Only thing i gotta say is that the build seems kinda, well, "selfish" lol, doesn't look like you'll be bringing much support, control on the other hand you will have quite a bit of =D