Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Has anyone toyed with a siphon life/well build? I had a go but I don't want to reveal my hand because it will no doubt kill my credibility with how wrong it is, but anyone else have some input to share? 30pts in blood magic was pretty much a given
    this guy has: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...-today-821-st/

Quote Originally Posted by Swishz View Post
    I attempted it briefly during the latest stress test, but it ended up turning into "blow people up in Well of Suffering". I wasn't satisfied at all with the low damage you put out when fully traited and geared for life siphon/healing power, and going for a low healing power setup just made the life siphons feel even more anemic. I may have been building it wrong, but mostly I just found it boring from a gameplay standpoint.

I had a ton of fun using Spectral Grasp to pull people into Well of Suffering and absolutely destroying them though .
    I think it will get nerfed but it sure was fun during the last stress test. It sure was fun!

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 11:01 AM ----------

I am loving no CD when entering into DS ... but am I the only one who thinks it needs a .5 global CD? I was in the thick of it when I started spamming my DS button and I entered and exited DS without even seeing any graphical change -- I basically just put the ability on CD. I am too used to spamming buttons, especially when my health is getting low ... so this is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in all seriousness guys, how is the necromancer class? Is it interesting compared to the other classes? I am planning to make this class my main with my Asura at launch but I am a little worried because some have said it just wasn't a fun class. What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    So in all seriousness guys, how is the necromancer class? Is it interesting compared to the other classes? I am planning to make this class my main with my Asura at launch but I am a little worried because some have said it just wasn't a fun class. What do you guys think?
    Bluntly and honestly speaking, I find most of their utility skills to be highly interesting, whilst most of their weapon skills feel a bit bland to me. They're class mechanic feels fun and has room for some big plays. Variety of builds comes mostly from your traits and utility skills, and not so much from weapons, since each one of them seems to fit one specific role (axe for power builds, scepter for condition builds, and so on). The trait lines/build viability is a bit weird at the moment, but they're actively fixing that, so it should be nothing to worry about for now. Animations are nice, not as flashy as those of some other professions.

The profession feels very fluid, although I wish there was a bit more build variety. I'm still not sure if it will be my main character or my first alt, since I'm really interested in the engineer as well.

(This is a very basic analysis, based solely on MY opinion, to answer Kickbuttmario's question. No stone throwing/obnoxiously sarcastic comments please.)
    Last edited by mmoc2b9111e302; 2012-08-22 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    since each one of them seems to fit one specific role (axe for power builds, scepter for condition builds, and so on).
    Pretty sure this is true for all professions. I ain't gonna use a Power build as a Staff Mesmer!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Any notes on this build for pvp?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fQAQ...OnkRtwYgxOiZIA

I tried for lots of self healing, and wells, I frickin love wells. I think it'll look fun trolling people by never dying and spreading marks as wide as possible using staff, damage output will be low, for sure, but I'm looking more at largescale WvW where there is more opportunity to cleave and also drop a well placed well of suffering/blood. If you pick yr moments well I reckon you could still blow people up 1v1 with well of suffering followed by high damage life blast spam, you just wont do any sustained damage outside of this window. But! I think the build could really really use spectral grasp too, to keep a target inside a well as much as possible, so do you think it'd be worth dropping well of darkness or power to pick it up?

So who else is currently loving their necro? I was going to be a Mesmer, but I decided to try the necro for a few levels first, well, that changed, as I am pretty certain necro is now my main. It's definitely an interesting class. Messing around with different weapon combinations currently. The staff is awesome.

I decided late in beta to make Necro my main - and I am very happy with it so far. I am only lvl 18, but having a blast. Staff is good, sceptor/warhorn and dagger/warhorn or focus has been good too. I am still learning, but I love the control and survive-ability of the class.

Deleted
    Sceptre/Dagger Conditionmancer is wicked, lvl 35.

I'm currently using a staff and scepter/dagger, with points in Curses and Blood Magic. I went with the adept talent in the Blood Magic tree to make you siphon health whenever you critical hit, but I am going to try everything out and see what I like best. What is everyone else using as weapons and what talents are you choosing?

While you can surely spec more than one way a particular feature of this class is playing with conditions as in move them from friend to foe and from foe to foe.

What that means is your trump card revolves around conditions...You take them from your team and send them to the enemy.

High HP Pet+Staff build also works if you want to go super defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    While you can surely spec more than one way a particular feature of this class is playing with conditions as in move them from friend to foe and from foe to foe.

What that means is your trump card revolves around conditions...You take them from your team and send them to the enemy.

High HP Pet+Staff build also works if you want to go super defensive.
    I myself didn't really play as heavily in conditions as you guys are... i always played as the head of the beast surrounding myself, and my team with a large amount of expendable minions, these minions, due to my traits, were very good meat shields, buffed my armor which in turn buffed my damage output, stole health with each hit causing all my allies to be healed slightly, and when they finally died they left a nice poison field in their wake causing me to either add another poison field to it with a sacrificial bone minion, or let allies use it.

On top of all that, the minons themselves added a ton of control and then i spent most of my time damaging the enemies armor by throwing on fairly large stacks of vulnerability (could keep around 10-12 stacks up due to vulnerability increase runes), and then i believe i had a dagger and scepter? as my other weapon set so i could heal my allies, but most importantly me....

PS: Contrary to popular belief of my minion build i did NOT take flesh golem, but instead went for lich form, i much prefer the 5 spawnable ticking time bom- er i mean minions, as well as the control abilities then having one super minion at my side the whole time.

6-9 skills used: blood fiend, bone minions, bone fiend, flesh wurm.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still very much prefer the concept of building around Death Shroud (and generating Life Force, obviously). Hopefully I can find a way to make it work.

I've noticed for once that Life Blast scales damage based on current Life Force - so it seems most effective to only stay in DS until about 50% before popping back out to replenish somehow.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-31 at 05:23 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The only minion I am using is the shadow fiend. Otherwise, I am using a boatload of bleed effects and poisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having lots of fun as a scepter+dagger conditionmancer. Really can't complain

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

I find minions AI still horribly unresponsive to the point where they will sit there for up to the point where the battle is almost over before deciding to do something. They are great when they work, but they rarely do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    I find minions AI still horribly unresponsive to the point where they will sit there for up to the point where the battle is almost over before deciding to do something. They are great when they work, but they rarely do.
    i've never had one just sit there... well other then the flesh wurm but he doesn't move so that makes sense!! The only "issue" i've had with them is that they're mindless, but hey, that's their whole thing, and they were that way in GW1 too!

@drake Axe is AMAZING at generating life force against multiple enemies, and then staff is pretty beast too if you can line the enemies up and just shoot through all of them. And if you're going for a primarily death shroud build i would suggest taking minions since they will have their use while you're in death shroud where other utilites aren't (that or spectral skills since the bottom trait line buffs those)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    @drake Axe is AMAZING at generating life force against multiple enemies, and then staff is pretty beast too if you can line the enemies up and just shoot through all of them. And if you're going for a primarily death shroud build i would suggest taking minions since they will have their use while you're in death shroud where other utilites aren't (that or spectral skills since the bottom trait line buffs those)
    Yeah, Axe is definitely best for it.

Staff is pretty good for it too, especially if you trait for Marks to generate life force, I think.

Definitely think either Spectral or Minions would be best for it, since you can trait either one to also generate Life Force. I feel like I'd prefer Spectral though, just because then I can self-boon Protection and Swiftness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yeah, Axe is definitely best for it.

Staff is pretty good for it too, especially if you trait for Marks to generate life force, I think.

Definitely think either Spectral or Minions would be best for it, since you can trait either one to also generate Life Force. I feel like I'd prefer Spectral though, just because then I can self-boon Protection and Swiftness.
    True and you can do some pretty trixy baiting in pvp with spectral walk lol, pop that thing run away with people chasing you and then when it ends you teleport back to activated area xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    True and you can do some pretty trixy baiting in pvp with spectral walk lol, pop that thing run away with people chasing you and then when it ends you teleport back to activated area xD
    How long does Spectral Walk last now?