Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why i always call Necromancer as warlocks? ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrois View Post
    Why i always call Necromancer as warlocks? ?
    That's wrong, should be called necroritualist haha
    In fact i call my personal build MMspiritspammer pewpew
    I found the power of scepter+dagger offhand /staff rotation, while MM for PVE..... Just uber

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Now that's what I'm talking about, I really really like this build. Thanks mate =D
    Np here's the build in action for pvp. I mixed some traits around for survivability:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7bHw-kOoM8

10+ Year Old Account
    i find a dagger build not easy for farming Orr zones... just walking around and doing events, mine some ore, chop some trees etc. the monsters just hit too hard.
    What build / gear are you guys using for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Deleted. Don't post drunk!
    Last edited by Luko; 2012-09-23 at 12:46 AM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    They need to add condition damage to 'item's trying to get out of roots or rifle turrets as necro...RAGE

Deleted
    Enjoying my Necromancer so far, only level 30 at the moment but so far so good, seems a lot more flexible than Warrior at least!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Make a new toon is the only way. Then go the trading post and buy a low level helmet of your class (light medium heavy), and then use a basic transmutation stone on the item. Taking the appearance of your starting item and the stats of your TP helm. Put your newly transmuted helm in the bank (It should be labeled soulbound but I found this really meant account-bound for some reason. Bug maybe?) and enjoy :P

Takes a bit of time. Human starting area is the fastest to go through considering the overwhelming popular human starting area and how many people you see making new toons in Queensdale first.
    Does that still work? And isn't that technically an exploit? Just want to be safe..

Edit: It seems to work, but I'm still kinda afraid of a ban..
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2012-09-23 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Does that still work? And isn't that technically an exploit? Just want to be safe..

Edit: It seems to work, but I'm still kinda afraid of a ban..
    I don't see any unfair advantage or ruining the experience for anyone. Maybe they'll 'fix' it by making them actually soulbound in the future but for now, my warrior is going to enjoy RPing as a guardian :P

I have never had a single problem on 1 vs 1 Necromancers in PvP. I know 1 vs 1 are not the way to see how it works, but it's still not normal that I can just kill every single Necromancer, and I probably found many better players than me.

They probably need a buff, don't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Once I started to get into the later rounds of tourneys, I found teams that know exactly how to clear conditions. Playing my necro in high level sPvP is starting to suck. There are times that Im made pretty useless. Thinking about re-rolling guardian.

Posting this as I didnt see it in this thread yet.

http://www.teamparadigm.net/forums/N...PvP-Long-Post/

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Once I started to get into the later rounds of tourneys, I found teams that know exactly how to clear conditions. Playing my necro in high level sPvP is starting to suck. There are times that Im made pretty useless. Thinking about re-rolling guardian.
    Yeah, said the exact same thing a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I'll just say that I played versus a few tournament teams that knew how to handle conditions yesterday as a conditionmancer and I felt UTTERLY useless. Seriously losing the will to play this class in tPvP, it's all about Thieves, Guardians and Mesmers.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Posting this as I didnt see it in this thread yet.

http://www.teamparadigm.net/forums/N...PvP-Long-Post/
    heh after the amount of time invested in testing different builds for pve, spvp and wvwvw I can but smile at the ppl who still say "necros are fine, you`re doing it wrong!".

100+ bugs. Zero fixes in the latest patches. What, you hope the next one will bring 50 fixes to necro skills? I think not

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny part is how he complains about the speed boosts not stacking with anything, as if any other profession has it different. Speed boosts never stack with each other, except for Swiftness (though I might be wrong about that).

I mean, a lot of the things he says are accurate. A lot of the professions have similar issues with certain skills being WAY too weak to be useful, but I feel like it's especially bad for both Wells and Minions. (The spectral skills are actually pretty good, I don't know why he hates them, outside of spectral grasp - spectral armor should last 8 seconds instead of 5, and that's it, so that it matches Armor of Earth - I also don't know what he has against the vulnerability change, it was a GOOD change!)

But the speed boosts don't stack for anybody. It's especially annoying for Dagger Elementalists who have ANY traits in Air, as it essentially wastes an entire minor/major trait.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-24 at 11:04 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    heh after the amount of time invested in testing different builds for pve, spvp and wvwvw I can but smile at the ppl who still say "necros are fine, you`re doing it wrong!".

100+ bugs. Zero fixes in the latest patches. What, you hope the next one will bring 50 fixes to necro skills? I think not
    Agree, I too thought necro was ok until I tried a thief and guardian and it's not even close. Necros need som patch love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still glancing through bits and pieces of it, kinda in the middle of other stuff... but I wanted to pull this bit out.

-Axe Training

The damage increase is only 5% "LOL"
    This is one of the things he has no right to bitch about. None, whatsoever. Other professions have similar traits - Necros do NOT deviate from the norm here. It varies among the professions, I'll admit - some people get 5%, or 10%, and rarely 15%. But Necros are not the only 5%.

Examples:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stone_Splinters
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pistol_Mastery
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dagger_Training
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scepter_Power

Some of what he says is spot on. But a lot of his complaints are absolutely foolish, and demonstrates he actually doesn't know that much about the other professions.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-24 at 11:15 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Agree, I too thought necro was ok until I tried a thief and guardian and it's not even close. Necros need som patch love.
    Haha that's funny.. I went from Thief -> Necro and never looked back. Different strokes, I suppose.

That teamparadigm post is garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much starting to agree, as you can see with my post above yours. :P

Some things, yes, don't make sense. He's right about Lingering Curse and Hemophelia needing to stack. And about minion AI. And don't get me started on how shitty the Well durations/cooldowns are!
    (he might also be right about Signet of Spite being a beat poorly designed. Passively gives Power, until you use it to apply 5 seconds of every condition... he's wrong about Signet Power being weak, though, since Might also gives condition damage, not just Power)

But there's a lot wrong with that post, and I very much hope he's not a member of Team Paradigm.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-24 at 11:23 PM.

Haha that's funny.. I went from Thief -> Necro and never looked back. Different strokes, I suppose.

I'll post this again.

His thought out analysis of possible issues vs "He's stupid, his post is garbage" argument...

Which one is garbage?

I tend to agree with a lot of what he says. If you disagree, feel free to explain why. "Speed stacking is a problem with all classes" doesn't count.