Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    any ideea if one can craft +cond dmg +magic find jewels ? I only found the recipe for the +power +magic find set but i`m running a condition dmg build / gear...

Necromancer

• Blood Is Power: This skill now grants 10 stacks of might but does not grant additional life force.
    • Chill of Death: This Spite trait no longer slows down the player’s autoattack when activated.
    • Epidemic: This skill no longer has infinite range.
    • Haunt: This Shadow Fiend skill now triggers instantly.
    • Last Gasp: This Soul Reaping trait will now apply protection and remove stun as if using Spectral Armor. It also now has the displayed 60-second recharge, and the duration has been reduced to 6 seconds to properly match the skill.
    • Life Transfer: This skill will now work properly with the Soul Reaping trait Path of Midnight.
    • Life Siphon: This skill now properly applies damage at its intended range of 600.
    • Spectral Grasp: This skill now also grants 10% life force when used. It also benefits from the Curses trait Spectral Attunement to properly increase the chill duration to 6 seconds.
    • Spectral Walk: This skill now stops granting life force when struck if the player activates Death Shroud, Plague, or Lich Form.
    • Vampiric: This Blood Magic trait’s interaction with the Bloodthirst trait now increases health siphoning appropriately.

10character

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    any ideea if one can craft +cond dmg +magic find jewels ? I only found the recipe for the +power +magic find set but i`m running a condition dmg build / gear...
    I'm honestly not sure. I don't believe so, though.

Okay this has probably been discussed before but 55 pages are a bit much to go through so sorry 'bout that, but...

Is Greater Marks bugged? I mean, yeah it increases the radius of my marks, but then again sometimes in combat it decides not to... Got into combat with a whole bunch of Skritt (god I hate skritt) and the marks I placed had the small radius instead of the increased one. I was like... dafuq?
    Just to clarify I'm not talking about the aiming circle but the actual spell placed on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Okay this has probably been discussed before but 55 pages are a bit much to go through so sorry 'bout that, but...

Is Greater Marks bugged? I mean, yeah it increases the radius of my marks, but then again sometimes in combat it decides not to... Got into combat with a whole bunch of Skritt (god I hate skritt) and the marks I placed had the small radius instead of the increased one. I was like... dafuq?
    Just to clarify I'm not talking about the aiming circle but the actual spell placed on the ground.
    soo.. the way i understand it, and from what i've seen.. it looks like it's not working right. it's like it triggers wide even though it looks small, but does damage in the nomal smaller radius. if that makes sense.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Deleted
    ''Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.''

Hope that they'll add this for Lich Form soon as well then.

in today's patch notes:
    *Updated Chillblains to properly function with the Greater Marks trait.
    *Signet of Spite can now be cast while on the move.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

I'm leaning towards working on a necromancer now. What peeks my interest is the leeching aspect. With sigil of blood and water, leech minions, dagger leech, and leech on crits combined with knights/berserker gear...

that is some serious leechin...

/faints.

I actually prefer wells leech however its a long CD so it heals more in a pinch then consistently.

Curious question though, does the +30% damage for minions trait affect their leech heal? Or is their leech heal static. I'm debating on getting +30% damage for minions or +5% power for toughness trait.

Deleted
    I am playing a thief right now, i started as a necro but after i heard about its "bad" damage i stoped playing my necro. I would like to know if anything happened yet because i really like the necro. It was just a pain in the ass to level up compared to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kijimea View Post
    I am playing a thief right now, i started as a necro but after i heard about its "bad" damage i stoped playing my necro. I would like to know if anything happened yet because i really like the necro. It was just a pain in the ass to level up compared to other classes.
    So you heard it was "bad damage", and stopped because of what you heard? Try it for yourself, don't take everything you read on the internet as fact. Necromancer's aren't "bad", they have bugs, but it doesn't mean they are unplayable by any means. Besides, no profession should be "pure damage", especially in PvE. If you really like it, play it.

Is there a good Wells build that doesn't use staff? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but staff dps seems terrible.

I love daggers, but the only dagger build I can find relies heavily on minions. There don't seem to be any dagger/Wells builds, at least not that I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is there a good Wells build that doesn't use staff? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but staff dps seems terrible.

I love daggers, but the only dagger build I can find relies heavily on minions. There don't seem to be any dagger/Wells builds, at least not that I've found.
    Shit ton of dagger well power builds. Staff being used as a support ranged weapon.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...cus-and-wells/

You could use axe but I find axe redundant. It's cripple move also gives you retaliation... well then whats the point of cripple? The retaliation is going to be wasted from kiting. Axe doesn't seem to generate enough life force for me either. I like the concept not the execution.

Imo axe 1 needs to give life force and keep axe 2 life force and same cd which would result in more death shroud dps usage instead of just flat out giving a dps boost.

Skill 3 retaliation needs to gtfo and grant fear for 1 second and after it ends cripple for 5 and increase cd to 18 seconds.

Marks shouldn't be blocked by default. Seriously how do you block a mark? Makes no sense really. Reapers mark needs a 35 second cd.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-10-11 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Shit ton of dagger well power builds. Staff being used as a support ranged weapon.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...cus-and-wells/
    Thanks. Guess I just wasn't looking at the right sites. >_< I was beginning to wonder if dagger & wells were considered a good combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You could use axe but I find axe redundant. It's cripple move also gives you retaliation... well then whats the point of cripple?
    Because not all enemies use 100% melee weapons. The Cripple counters melee, and the Retaliation... well, it doesn't counter ranged attacks, but it does help against them a bit.

Also: Weird to use a Wells build with Daggers. O_o
    I always found Spectral skills better for Daggers.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Because not all enemies use 100% melee weapons. The Cripple counters melee, and the Retaliation... well, it doesn't counter ranged attacks, but it does help against them a bit.

Also: Weird to use a Wells build with Daggers. O_o
    I always found Spectral skills better for Daggers.
    Imo retaliation for necros does little since I think there is only 3 ways to gain it. I still think skill 3 is awful.

Also wells and daggers feel natural to me, maybe because I started out with it.

Deleted
    Staff DPS is good, but just when using the marks. It's more of a swap weapon to me, pop the marks and swap back.

Staff being able to piece enemies is a big part of my AoEing when being in melee simply cannot do. Though I'm guilty of using minions as well. They're just too good

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Staff DPS is good, but just when using the marks. It's more of a swap weapon to me, pop the marks and swap back.
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Staff being able to piece enemies is a big part of my AoEing when being in melee simply cannot do. Though I'm guilty of using minions as well. They're just too good
    Like I said, maybe I'm doing it wrong. When it comes to AoE situations I better hope my Wells are off cooldown or that there's someone else around to help because there's no way I'll be able to kill multiple mobs using staff without coming close to dying. I actually do better killing things one by one with dagger in AoE situations than trying to do it with staff.

I don't know, I just hate it. I went with this build for event farming and I have never felt so gimp. Sure, it's great for getting hits on things when there are lots of people around, but when that's not the case (those "Where did everybody go?" moments) it's just awful.

Speaking of minions, I've been tempted to try this build, but I just love the Wells so much I'm not sure I want to give them up to become a zookeeper.

hey i would just like to run my build pased you guys and see what you think ( it's not made to be the best spec possible but rather fun one)
    i started out playing my necro as condition dmg purley with the scepte + dagger / staff build. in end game i found this to be just so boring so i decided to swap

NOTE: this build is mostly tested in WvW since thats where im usually at. i have played a few dungeons and it has not been a problem but can't garantue it will not be.

Minion master melee build. POWER AND CRIT BUILD!
    Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQRBI...LRGYcwYzxDjJGA

let me start of with talking about the weapon choice.

weapons: dagger + dagger / axe + warhorn.
    the daggers are extremly fast hitting and i like the dmg from them. + using my build i get hp back per hit from the second tier passive blood trait.
    so my daggers are my main dps weapons. i use the axe + warhorn becuase the axe's ( this is bugged or was i belive ) main weapon hit applies vurnability to targets. and using two runes that gives you autocrit and 3 stacks of might when i swap to the weapon combo does not hurt.

second, the build it self.
    i noticed quite early that i could not go and make a melee build without the pets. I tried with just dmg using wells and stuff but it didn't work. So i swaped to pets and BOOM!. Now the trait skills are mainly focused on the pets except the 20points in the blood tree for vamp and life steal.
    The first to trait slots in the death build are obvious becuase it gives your pets 50% more hp that allows them to survive a hell of alot more and the 20% faster recharge rate is nice aswell. But the last ability is another level of fun, each time your pet dies it will do massive dmg to targets standing in the zone. This and that the bone minions ( i call them boom rats ) own suicide bombing makes about ~3k to 3.5k dmg each. What i see people forget alot of the times is that the other pets have abilites aswell. blind and immobilize is quite nice for situations and the Flesh golem charge is not that bad.
    For the heal ability i choose to use consume conditions since i belive it's the best heal of them except in aoe heal situations ofc.

lastly the runes.
    For the weapon runes i use 2x superior blood runes on the daggers since i crit alot. the axe and warhorn has sigl of superior battle and intelligence for the buffs they add.
    On the gear i use the Rune of the mesmer for power and crit. And when it comes to the accessories and rings and so forth it's all about the berserker's jewel!

PROS AND CONS ( from what i have experienced )

PROS.

high dmg on melee targets ( i don't have so much troubles with warriors and such )

okayish survivability from the various life leach sources.

easy to configurate the build to certain needs (for example swaping to staffs without feeling that the damage goes poof)

pets!

CONS.

not so great at long ranges for obvious reasons.

rather boring to defend a keep in WvW since you don't really do great on walls.

theifs :/

Would like more survivablity but can be fixed with higher vit and toughness.

END words.
    please say what you think about the build either way! i like to get some thoughts on it atleast!

Like I said, maybe I'm doing it wrong. When it comes to AoE situations I better hope my Wells are off cooldown or that there's someone else around to help because there's no way I'll be able to kill multiple mobs using staff without coming close to dying. I actually do better killing things one by one with dagger in AoE situations than trying to do it with staff.

I don't know, I just hate it. I went with this build for event farming and I have never felt so gimp. Sure, it's great for getting hits on things when there are lots of people around, but when that's not the case (those "Where did everybody go?" moments) it's just awful.

Speaking of minions, I've been tempted to try this build, but I just love the Wells so much I'm not sure I want to give them up to become a zookeeper.
    I posted a build earlier in this thread that might be of some help. I AoE massive mobs with this build when farming with much ease.