Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lmenvs View Post
    I'm hung up between Mesmer and Necro myself. I might just make both xD Sylvari Necromancer for sure, though. I'm just wondering if I want an army of the undead and vile or an army of clones
    Well, If someone is not intimidated by your mesmer then summoning more of yourself wont solve it.

If someone is not intimidated by your necromancer then FUKIN FLESH GOLEM CHARGE BETCH...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norg View Post
    Well, If someone is not intimidated by your mesmer then summoning more of yourself wont solve it.

If someone is not intimidated by your necromancer then FUKIN FLESH GOLEM CHARGE BETCH...
    Mesmers are about confusion, not intimidation. :3
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Mesmers are about confusion, not intimidation. :3
    ...damn it drake...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my "Minion" build http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5i5j5r5u5vhhhq
    With good Life Steal capabilities, staff/dagger focused, mildly mark oriented build with a little Death Shroud utility thrown in for good meassure.
    I have chosen Spectral Armor instead of the Shadow Fiend. This may change later on however, depending on the damage output of the SF.
    Tell me what you think!

This is my "Death Shroud" build: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5u5v64656bh2hh
    Lots of DF utility and more Life Blast damage. Heavily Dagger focused and semi Life drain oriented.

And lastly, my "Wells" build: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5u5u5v64666bh2
    This is the one Im most unsure of. It contains 4 wells, and through that lots of utility, a lot of Life stealing and healing, dagger oriented and also somewhat Death Shroud focused.

I would really like to see a proper condition/utility build from someone!
    Last edited by Verazh; 2012-04-06 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Algor View Post
    Hello my fellow Necros =) I thought I'd share a fan-site dedicated to the Necromancer class that you may or may not have seen before: http://www.necrobator.com/

I like the site. Good articles and overall a very professional look to it.
    Is it just me, or does this class seem a wee bit overpowered in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I don't think the class as a whole is, but the videos I've seen of minion zerg builds seem pretty powerful.

Edit:
    And I think that's partially because the Flesh Golem Elite doesn't seem to have a duration. You can just summon it when you enter/rez and got to town
    Last edited by PonyCannon; 2012-04-06 at 12:03 PM.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Nah there's a LOT if bad players in the beta and I have a feeling minion zergs may have a slightly higher starting point then most builds (IE noob minion zergers > noob in other build) I've seen quite a few vids where someone being a minion master gets wrecked by one guy and vice versa, so I think it's fine ATM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaum View Post
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5f5h5j5r65676b the idea is to maximize my survivability

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 06:23 AM ----------

and here is a spec that focuses on getting alot out of death shroud while attaining vast amounts of life force http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...5f5h5j5r65676b
    The two links are identical.

Gonna post a link to a site with upcoming/already changed Necromancer weapons/traits from an interview on GuildWars2Hub.

The whole article is a good read but the necro related things are about halfway down the page under the sub-title "Reworking Necro Weapon and Utility Skills"
    http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...iew-jon-peters

The pretty much talk about how they acknowledge that Necro weps were all over the place with what they do and have already started to sort them out into ways that they make more sense for example putting the axe skill "Feast of Corruption" on the more condition based weapon, the scepter.

They also seem to be adding a pretty cool mechanic to the corruption based utilities, pretty much the utilities that fall into this category does the effect it says but also puts a condition on you. An example they give is

"So Corruption is skills like Blood is Power where you’re bleeding someone, getting a bunch of life force, and bleeding yourself too. Another one is Poison Cloud which gives you weakness. So you have all of these things where all of the sudden things like Consume Conditions, as a heal, should now heal for more because you brought all of these Corruptions."

So it seems like good stuff incoming for the necro.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to role a Necro but they seem annoying with all the pets you can summon at one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    I would like to role a Necro but they seem annoying with all the pets you can summon at one time.
    then don't summon the pets lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Is it just me finding the pets incredibly fragile? The one you get as a heal especially, but against more than one enemy (sometimes even against a single target, if the target looks at my pet for even an instant instead of me) they just die. And plenty of events involve multiple targets!
    I've only got to level 15 so far so I can't trait their health but if they're meant to be this useless untraited then that is honestly something I find sort of disappointing. The Shadow Fiend barely ever even decides to attack the enemy and when he does he just gets one shot by whatever I am fighting.

I'd still be happy to main Necromancer and focus on Death Shroud rather than minions but it is rather frustrating.
    You don't even get pet health bars to show you how close they are to dead, those would be very useful (even though you can't really heal them).

I think thats the point. its just like fighting mesmer clones. If you leave them up then your more likely to get confused the longer the fight lasts and multiple clones still do damage. When i see a mesmer with his clones i tend to aoe them and him while focusing on him. Same when i was fighting a necro with my Thief I targeted some of his minions with aoe while hitting him just so they didnt bother me in the long run.

I played a Death Shroud build in pvp a bit, and a couple of my friends I played with kept bitching about other Death Shroud necros. It's pretty stupid in pvp lol

Focus on life force traits and death shroud traits, and at least take Spectral Armor for a utility. You can just about stay in Death Shroud the entire time. Lich Form is pretty OP too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The minions were quite weak granted. But I think its okay since you so easily can resummon them again (Heal pet on low cd). Your minions arent tanks and they're not supposed to be.

One thing I noticed though was that minions only start attacking when someone/thing attacks you. You cant send them to attack. You cant call them back either which is annoying. I know they're only minions and not pets, but a simple "attack" and "passive" command would be nice.

Hi. I was going to be a mesmer. Now I am going to be a necro.

Was anyone able to play around with and master the give yourself conditions just to feast or transfer them type game play that necros can have? It seems like it would be difficult but potent.

That's the problem, they're not like Mesmer clones.
    I've played a mesmer and there's little stopping me from having at least one clone up at all times, you have several skills on short cooldowns.
    Necro pets don't go on cooldown until they die, at which point they are useless for about 20 seconds
    Considering they die basically before they do anything at all, this just makes them (unlike mesmer clones) feel entirely useless. I don't want them to tank, I just want them to live long enough to not die in a single blow and do no damage.

Honestly, considering that they take up space on their skill bar, I don't personally think it'd be that much of a problem if they could tank to an extent, at least the ones that run into melee to attack. It's not like you can control their movement.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2012-04-30 at 08:49 AM.

It looks like they nerfed the increased minion health trait too. I thought I saw on the skill builder sites that it gave minions 60% more health and I was looking forward to getting that trait for my pve build, but when I finally got 10 traits I saw it was only 20% health so I went with 30% damage instead.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I've been trying to create a Death Shroud/Life Steal Necromancer and this is what I've got so far:

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...fu4v585m65676b

If anyone got any advice on how this build works in pvp/pve (I wasn't in beta) it would be much appreciated.

The necromancers have earned a new fanboy, and he's a loud one.
    Before anyone points it out, it was due to playstyle not power.
    I understand that the necro is currently significantly easier to solo level as than most other professions, but I was looking at the necro from a "if I was doing half as much damage and had half the health, so was the weakest prof.. would I be having fun as a necromancer?" and the answer was yes. I enjoyed playing it immensely.
    I only tried the necro and warrior this beta, I will need to try more profs next BWE.. but for now, necro pride. >.>